Author Topic: Complete Campsite - new soft floor camper  (Read 2146 times)

Offline abcxyz

• Learning the Ropes
Complete Campsite - new soft floor camper
« on: October 23, 2014, 08:54:59 PM »
Just wanted to get peoples opinion on this approach from CC.

http://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/news/2014/camping-trailers/complete-campsite-releases-bare-boned-camper-46666

I have been looking at soft floor upgrades since selling my Tambo a couple of years ago, and Complete Campsites and Trackabout have been at the top of the list for their basic walk-up models.

Weight has always been a consideration for my selection, but with this stripped back version coming in at 750kg, you could put in a Drifta kitchen, a battery box and a water tank and still be well under 900kg. That would be pretty close to my ideal set-up at the moment. All of the best components (trailer build, suspension, canvas and walk-up), with a little bit of comfort - but not all the unwanted extras. I'm just not sure why they didn't start it like the Jabiru base model without the external locker doors fitted.

Has anyone seen these in the flesh at any of the recent shows? It's not up on their website yet, and I can't find anymore detail than the articled linked above.

KingBilly

Re: Complete Campsite - new soft floor camper
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:57:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Both CC and Trackabout make quality campers. You won't go wrong with either.

Happy camping
KB

Offline abcxyz

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:00:28 PM »
Thanks KB.

Have been a lurker for quite a long time (hence the previous purchase of a Tambo!). A bit embarrassing it's taken 3 years to actually post something!

KingBilly

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 09:03:33 PM »
Ha, ha.  Just noticed your joining date.  Doh!  Well it's good you have finally came out and made that first post  ;D

Offline V8CRSA

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Just waiting to hit the open road again......
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 09:28:23 PM »
I think it's a good idea, but I wouldn't pay that much to get so little.
I do love our CC, but I think they need to cut another $5k of that price for a camper with nothing on it.
You can't go wrong with either the CC or trackabout  or maybe even have a look at a custom line too ?
I'm sure either of the last too mentioned above would special build to your specs too.

Matt
2013 GXL TTD 200 SERIES CRUISER
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic
Not quite "ATS" but working on it

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 09:41:59 PM »
I think it's a good idea, but I wouldn't pay that much to get so little.
I do love our CC, but I think they need to cut another $5k of that price for a camper with nothing on it.
You can't go wrong with either the CC or trackabout  or maybe even have a look at a custom line too ?
I'm sure either of the last too mentioned above would special build to your specs too.

Matt

Agree 100% with Matt.
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline cheif carlos

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 06:19:29 AM »
I agree for quality of the build knock 5k off this model and it would be worth it.

Just like our 40k unit needs 7.5k knocked off then it is more around the price bracket
Need to get the backside into gear and get out camping