Author Topic: Why is this racist?  (Read 43638 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Why is this racist?
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2014, 08:57:37 PM »
According to wikipedia.......

"Caliph is a title used for Islamic rulers who are considered politico-religious leaders of the Islamic community of believers, and who rule in accordance with Islamic law. A state ruled by a caliph is a caliphate."
so I was correct :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline holden1

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2014, 06:25:51 AM »
Wollies have done a lot of this sort of stuff.
Not wanting to offend anyone, they offend the Aussie way of life.
They did a poll and over 9000 people found it non-offensive and only 300 were offended.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2014, 07:10:55 AM »
According to wikipedia.......

[i A state ruled by a caliph is a caliphate."[/i]
Ok then,If thats whats intended for this place, it'll be time to change our rules to rule # 303. under sub section #303. article 1 #303.
Or the modern equivolent rule #7.62. in all categories of the above.
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2014, 07:55:15 AM »
Ok then,If thats whats intended for this place, it'll be time to change our rules to rule # 303. under sub section #303. article 1 #303.
Or the modern equivolent rule #7.62. in all categories of the above.
Better change your name to "Breaker"  Edz  :cheers:
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2014, 07:56:19 AM »
 ;D

Offline gordo350

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2014, 10:57:19 AM »
my rule book only go's to #22 sub section 250. can I still join in ?
Gordo 350
2015 Ford Ranger Super Cab
Aussie Jays Big Red
everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2014, 09:46:13 AM »
Continuing with PC madness and retards pulling out the race card for everything they can think of. >:(

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/racial-connotations-over-black-sheep-prompts-changes-to-baa-baa-black-sheep-at-victorian-kinders/story-fnii5sms-1227093091674

Now they are back on childrens nursary rymes again. >:(

Offline bluejay

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2014, 10:08:15 AM »
if the sheep is Black then the #$%^@#$ is Black if the sheep is White the !@#$%^&sheep is White !! end of story

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2014, 10:13:17 AM »
See what happens when you call sheep names https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4PkMPAlMFo

Marschy

« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2014, 10:16:42 AM »
News Corp are getting a lot of mileage out of 'You should be outraged' style stories at the moment.

"This may stop you ever swimming again"
"You'll be shocked at what happened here"
"Text from gran - dead since 2011" (what a crock this story is, get to the last sentence and the phone number has been sold)

The headline is designed to suck people in to clicking on the story, which then has the effect of self perpetuating stories of similar ilk because they truly believe people are interested in this cr@p. I reckon this is also the case with these stories about pulling stock of shelves, I reckon there is very little substance to the story. There may have been people who complained, probably to News Corp, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were stuff all complaints, if any.

Offline Mik01

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Scenic Rim 4x4
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2014, 10:18:20 AM »
if the sheep is Black then the #$%^@#$ is Black if the sheep is White the !@#$%^&sheep is White !! end of story

don't you know that the word bl... cannot be spoken unless you yourself are bl... - otherwise you are a racist, intolerant, ignorant, redneck, bogan Aussie!

having said that - old nursery rhymes were rarely literal - ie this is probably not a song about a bl... sheep in the literal sense.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baa,_Baa,_Black_Sheep

Contact me for special MySwag prices on 4x4 accessories!
http://scenicrim4x4.com.au

Offline Bongo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2014, 01:40:55 PM »
I was born overseas. My parents were £10 poms and 6 of my siblings and myself got a free ticket. My parents decided to come to Australia because they believed it was a safer place and had a better lifestyle to bring up a big mob of kids. Fair dinkum they were right!

I can remember many whinging poms in the 60s and 70s going on about how much better it was back at home. Thank goodness many of them did go back home. Does this make me racist?

I live in Darwin. Darwin is a multicultural city and very rich because of the diversity. We belong to many cultures but we are one under the  Australian Flag and the core cultures of Australian Society. I have friends from the sub-continent. They are wonderful people who believe Australia is the best place to live in the world. They still enjoy, celebrate and live many aspects of their ethnic culture but they are Aussies first. I love them and appreciate them and what they are putting into our community.

On the other other hand my next door neighbours are the biggest mongrels I have ever met. They are from Pakistan. They openly verbalise that they hate Australia and its British roots (because they took over India) and everything Australia stands for. They threaten neighbours with physical harm and use the most disgusting language towards other people. I wish they would pack up and go home. Does that make me a racist? Others from India and Pakistan have also suggested that if they hate Australia and Australians so much that they should reconsider being here. Does that make them racist?

We are not "full". There is room for people who want to embrace the riches of Australia, which includes our core values and tolerance of others. Bring and celebrate the riches of your ethnic culture. Add to the diversity of Australia.

BUT If you want to come and talk down our wonderful nation and speak hate and offer nothing constructive then I only have one thing to say, GO HOME! AUSTRALIA IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU.
Cheers,

Tom.

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2014, 03:11:16 PM »
I was born overseas. My parents were £10 poms and 6 of my siblings and myself got a free ticket. My parents decided to come to Australia because they believed it was a safer place and had a better lifestyle to bring up a big mob of kids. Fair dinkum they were right!

I can remember many whinging poms in the 60s and 70s going on about how much better it was back at home. Thank goodness many of them did go back home. Does this make me racist?

I live in Darwin. Darwin is a multicultural city and very rich because of the diversity. We belong to many cultures but we are one under the  Australian Flag and the core cultures of Australian Society. I have friends from the sub-continent. They are wonderful people who believe Australia is the best place to live in the world. They still enjoy, celebrate and live many aspects of their ethnic culture but they are Aussies first. I love them and appreciate them and what they are putting into our community.

On the other other hand my next door neighbours are the biggest mongrels I have ever met. They are from Pakistan. They openly verbalise that they hate Australia and its British roots (because they took over India) and everything Australia stands for. They threaten neighbours with physical harm and use the most disgusting language towards other people. I wish they would pack up and go home. Does that make me a racist? Others from India and Pakistan have also suggested that if they hate Australia and Australians so much that they should reconsider being here. Does that make them racist?

We are not "full". There is room for people who want to embrace the riches of Australia, which includes our core values and tolerance of others. Bring and celebrate the riches of your ethnic culture. Add to the diversity of Australia.

BUT If you want to come and talk down our wonderful nation and speak hate and offer nothing constructive then I only have one thing to say, GO HOME! AUSTRALIA IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU.
Well said and  :cheers: Tom.

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2014, 03:30:36 PM »
Hey Bongo, I think we'll let you stay  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2014, 07:10:19 AM »
Talk about dog whistles......

So what exactly does the T shirt support?

Love Australia or leave it? 

What exactly do I have to love?.

Is it the great outdoors - check.
Is it the fantastic lifestyle - check.
High standard of living - check.
Reasonable health care- check.
Lack of violent deaths (statistically) - check.
Reasonable infrastructure - check.
Reasonable education - check.

Now.  What is that I have to suck up in order to be accepted by you as a real aussie that loves his country?

What if I disagree with a political parties viewpoint?  Can I not love that but hate it?

Would I be allowed to disagree with the "Team Australia" tag that further alienates those on the fridge of our culture and actually increases the chance of violence?

What about the introduction of draconian laws that push minorities further underground so our law enforcement and security people lose track of them?  Do I have to love them?

What about the treatment of those seeking asylum here?  Am I allowed to question that or would that mean I should leave?

Do I have to love Tony Abbott's behaviour in further alienating the second most powerful nation on earth by picking a fight without the evidence to back up the assertion?

Is there somewhere I can learn this stuff because I love living here but sometimes I disagree with stuff we do?  A tick and flick form or something?

The funny thing is I really didn't realise there were so many people of Aboriginal descent on here.  You learn something everyday!

(PS - for the seriously bogan that don't get the above - make a checklist of what you have to be to 'love your country' - you should understand then)
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline RobM

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2014, 07:37:27 AM »
dazzler,

i think the fact that you are allowed to "hate" all the things you listed above is why we  love Australia.
The slogan reflects that, pretty simple if you ask me.

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2014, 07:54:19 AM »
dazzler,

i think the fact that you are allowed to "hate" all the things you listed above is why we  love Australia.
The slogan reflects that, pretty simple if you ask me.

Really?

Then why the need for the slogan?

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2014, 11:07:36 AM »
Look at it for what it is, stop over analysing it
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2014, 12:31:11 PM »
Really?

Then why the need for the slogan?

Geeze Dazzler, you must have has a really bad night last night. Talk about turning a simple and very self explaining slogan into a bedtime story.  ;D

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2014, 03:40:57 PM »

Screw it I was being to soft.

This is xenophobic crap at its finest (the unreasoned fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange) and the lot of you should hang your heads in shame.  It goes against everything that our forefathers fought and died for.

Every Anzac day we wrap our selves in the Aussie flag and bask in the glow of all that Aussies did throughout the great wars and are still doing in war zones around the world.  Yet we pi55 that all down the sink with this nationalistic crap.

Australians were held in the highest regard until recently.  If you think we are still held like that you are poorly mistaken.  We turned our back on the 'fair go for all' with the Tampa, then the bloody bogan Cronulla Racist crap, disregarding the UNHCR and locking children up in hell holes like Nauru and now this crap.  Amazing how quick we can make ourselves look like racist brainless knobs.  Take East Timor.  We arrange for their independence then screw them over for their oil rights.  The poorest country in our region and we pat ourselves on the back for a job well done while knifing them in the back.

Our soldiers would turn in there bloody graves if they heard this crap and they fought for the bloody place.

Open your minds and actually think where this gets us.  Think of a conflict in the world that is not a result of nationalism.  Bet you struggle.  And while we are at it, ever noticed how most often this crap is shouted by bogan white australians.  Guess who are amongst the laziest unemployed and dumbest Australians - white bogans.

You are all smarter than stupid bogan white aussies and you know it.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:08:35 PM by dazzler »

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2014, 04:07:25 PM »
Well explain it to me.
If you multiply the square root of the sliding scale of beers consumed while contemplating the meaning of life. You will find the question is 7x6=42
:P
Sent from the very exspensive machine that goes ping :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:16:47 PM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Murph

• Tent User
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2014, 04:12:07 PM »
I'm Irish by accident of birth but where I choose to live is a privilege ! And that privilege I never abuse , 

Offline gordo350

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2014, 04:16:03 PM »
I like the irish. they're just scots that couldn't swim
Gordo 350
2015 Ford Ranger Super Cab
Aussie Jays Big Red
everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2014, 04:26:03 PM »
I like the irish. they're just scots that couldn't swim

Were as Tasmania proves Victorians can swim

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline GeoffA

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »
Were as Tasmania proves Victorians can swim

Failed history, didn't you John? ;D..... :P
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....