Author Topic: Oz tent "tag along" what's the go?  (Read 5781 times)

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
Oz tent "tag along" what's the go?
« on: August 23, 2014, 06:46:34 PM »
I notice the tag along oztent is compatible with rhino awnings?  Is it the same speed to erect as the main tent or different? Been thinking of a touring tent but saw these.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
Re: Oz tent "tag along" what's the go?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 07:39:19 PM »
I dont think they have the internal framework so would imagine they would take longer.

My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline StrvnMrvn

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • I get payed to go camping!!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:27:08 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoEAYoRn50k

I was looking at these. Pity they don't have don't have the 'C' channel zip system for the RV5 Oztent, would be so quick to set up for the night!
Cheers

Strvy

Offline baldheadedgit

• Hard Top Camper User
  • your shout.?.. I'll ave Arf.......!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 08:33:27 AM »
As the other's have said, external frame on tag a long... takes a bit of time to put up compared to Oztent itself..
But if your after an Oztent, the 30 second one... look on ebay or gumtree, find one of the original one's, made from canvas so a bit heavier, but other than that there the same time to erect, and a lot cheaper to.. paid $450 for mine, looks like new....... sold of all the extras it came with, ended up costing me $150.... :cup:

Poverty Pack.!

Offline Ynot

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Tony. Prado 150 GXL, Coromal 632RTP
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 10:02:48 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoEAYoRn50k

I was looking at these. Pity they don't have don't have the 'C' channel zip system for the RV5 Oztent, would be so quick to set up for the night!

I think you can get a caravan adaptor piece that will go in the rope slot for about $70.
If there is no rope slot you could buy a short piece and rivet to the channel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?  (Homer J Simpson).

Offline StrvnMrvn

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • I get payed to go camping!!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »
I think you can get a caravan adaptor piece that will go in the rope slot for about $70.
If there is no rope slot you could buy a short piece and rivet to the channel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I did notice them. As long as the zipper on the RV5 will work with the zipper on the attachment then all good!

You can get an RV5 30 second tent which will attach to the Rhino Sunseeker II awning!
Cheers

Strvy

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 01:31:31 PM »
As the other's have said, external frame on tag a long... takes a bit of time to put up compared to Oztent itself..
But if your after an Oztent, the 30 second one... look on ebay or gumtree, find one of the original one's, made from canvas so a bit heavier, but other than that there the same time to erect, and a lot cheaper to.. paid $450 for mine, looks like new....... sold of all the extras it came with, ended up costing me $150.... :cup:

Thanks all. So next question,  do the older slime green oztents use the same zip add on sections. What size are the older oztents  size 3?

Jim

Offline baldheadedgit

• Hard Top Camper User
  • your shout.?.. I'll ave Arf.......!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 03:12:10 PM »
you had to complicate it.. ;D
I don't think the zip on connector that attaches to your awning will fit.. i have spoken to the rep from Oztent, he says it will. but when i tried one at Amozon outdoors there was know way it would zip on.!  :'(
Mine is equal in size to the RV4. can't for the life of me think what the model is i have... i'll chase it down and post it up soon for you.
As far as the awning connector goes, it would be an easy job to get one made to suit the Zip.. i just gave up in the end.. just free stand it next to the awning. no diff realy..

Poverty Pack.!

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 07:29:10 PM »
Yeah your probably right mate.  Thanks.

Jim

Offline stevep84

• Learning the Ropes
  • Tapatalk User
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 08:10:26 PM »
achjimmy. Here is a few pics of my Tag Along connected to my foxwing. It is easy to set up. Takes maybe 3 minutes including pegs. 10 minutes will see you with the foxwing and tag along ready to rock. I'm not sure but I think you need the RV5 tag along to connect to the fowwing. Not sure if the others are long enough.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk