Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 306608 times)

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #1925 on: April 01, 2021, 11:49:42 AM »
I think its got more to do with 'panic stations - lockdown'... then a piss poor excuse to end it early
Spot on Bird.

Kev,  Say what you want, water off a ducks back mate, being on the outside looking in,
I have to question her actions and motives, listen to her words, she is condescending in her tone and arrogant.
But apparently that appeals to her voter base ;)
That's Just my opinion of her.

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 11:52:54 AM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1926 on: April 01, 2021, 11:58:10 AM »
Spot on Bird.

Kev,  Say what you want, water off a ducks back mate, being on the outside looking in,
I have to question her actions and motives, listen to her words, she is condescending in her tone and arrogant.
But apparently that appeals to her voter base ;)
That's Just my opinion of her.

Cheers

:-X
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1927 on: April 02, 2021, 04:14:03 AM »
The skeptical part of me (which is a lot given my line of work) wonders just when all this juicy tracking information is going to be compromised and used in a manner that it was not intended?  Its not a case of "if" but "when".  Many people will probably not care (who cares if I went to Maccas at Dubbo at 1734 on the 2/4/2021 etc etc and someone finds this out who is not authorised), to those that are concerned but don't understand the implications, to those that see this as a real concern.
These "bread crumps" are invaluable to those who wish to exploit them. 
I'm lucky that I rarely need to go to a place that requires sign in whether it be via QR code or paper based so I am yet to to fill one out. 
Whilst I fully understand the good intentions the sign in/registration processes, I just don't trust it.  There are other ways of managing the risk.
And please don't misconstrue this as "selfish" or any of that crap - I just have a different view on the whole thing based on my experience.

As long as one has a smart phone there being tracked by marketers . Don’t need to worry about the service/covid app. Same as those who worry about google home devices listening . Again if you have a smart phone have enabled an microphone in an app your being listened too . FB is the worst try it rattle on about a particular subject you’ll get the targeted ads! Happened the other day to me some talking about some arse at work who stinks of BO blah blah an hour later advanced BO treatments start popping up lol. Even your home IP address is matched up to your emails for those spam mails. No escaping being tracked today other than 100% off grid.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1928 on: April 02, 2021, 04:15:37 AM »
Blues Fest has been binned.

Good call I think, sad for vendors and patrons but wise
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #1929 on: April 02, 2021, 06:23:28 AM »
Good call I think, sad for vendors and patrons but wise
Local businesses are naturally disappointed, having family & friends there, they believe it was the right thing.

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1930 on: April 02, 2021, 08:12:31 AM »
As long as one has a smart phone there being tracked by marketers . Don’t need to worry about the service/covid app. Same as those who worry about google home devices listening . Again if you have a smart phone have enabled an microphone in an app your being listened too . FB is the worst try it rattle on about a particular subject you’ll get the targeted ads! Happened the other day to me some talking about some arse at work who stinks of BO blah blah an hour later advanced BO treatments start popping up lol. Even your home IP address is matched up to your emails for those spam mails. No escaping being tracked today other than 100% off grid.

You know the story behind this.   This program was developed by a bloke in the US military, and was going to be used to eavesdrop on "enemies"...
But after seeing some fellow officers huddled around a computer screen eavesdropping on normal people at home doing some "stuff" in front of their computers that they had no idea of the camera being turned on by the hackers, the bloke tried to get the system shut down.
They wouldn't shut it down so he threatened to blow to whistle on it and as a consequence he is believed to be in hiding overseas somewhere.
Can't remember his name, but google it if you want.

We were around a campfire talking about this exact subject one night and next morning the article on it popped up in a news feed on Facebook I think it was..
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline scrubber

• Swag User
« Reply #1931 on: April 03, 2021, 07:51:12 AM »
This nay be true IF you blindly install apps of thus nature and then proceed to use their default settibg.  There are plenty of ways to reduce this interference.  This argument is often put forward i.e but if you use Facebook, Google, etc, etc ,you are being tracked so it's pointless doing anything and who cares if they know that I am interested in "topic X".  The subsequent gradual loss of privacy in small increments can be described as "salami slicing".  As they say, "if something is free, you are the product".  I choose not to be a product.
“Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.” George Carlin

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1932 on: April 07, 2021, 12:36:25 PM »
I don't use the app. I just turn my camera on (iphone) and hover over the qr code thingy and a website link comes up that you just fill in your details and bob's your uncle. Remembers you as well so saves me typing

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1933 on: April 07, 2021, 02:32:14 PM »
I don't use the app. I just turn my camera on (iphone) and hover over the qr code thingy and a website link comes up that you just fill in your details and bob's your uncle. Remembers you as well so saves me typing

Same in Vic [Motorola for me Samsung for her]

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1934 on: April 07, 2021, 02:52:43 PM »
I had the Astrazeneca jab no 1 last week.  Apart from the usual mild pain in the arm about 9 hours later I got most the the "Common Side effects"
Started with tiredness, then muscle pain, mild head ache, nausea and joint pain the full blown chills. 

Woke up the next morning feeling okay but tired.  Throughout the day I was 50/500, but even getting up from the computer and a short walk in the office took it out of me.  Took a few days to get back 100% by which time I had a mild cold from camping. 

Jab 2 in 3 months woohoo.

I normally do well with vaccinations, mostly only a slight pain on the arm.

If Covid is anything like those side effects I definately don't want it. 
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1935 on: April 07, 2021, 03:02:06 PM »
arm or arse..... LOL  ;D
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline DandyD

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1936 on: April 07, 2021, 03:59:22 PM »
If Covid is anything like those side effects I definately don't want it

It is, but much worse.

I was bed bound for three weeks and too shagged to do much for three weeks after that.

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #1937 on: April 09, 2021, 07:43:17 PM »
If Covid is anything like those side effects I definately don't want it.

A friend of mine and her father got it and said its the worst ilness she's ever experienced.  She's never felt that crook she said. Thankfully they both pulled through.
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1938 on: April 21, 2021, 04:46:03 PM »
it was only a matter of time

Childcare worker sacked for refusing flu vaccine loses legal appeal

The Fair Work Commission backed major childcare provider Goodstart Early Learning, which required its staff to get a flu shot, in a decision with major implications for businesses’ power to demand employees get coronavirus jabs.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/childcare-worker-sacked-for-refusing-flu-vaccine-loses-legal-appeal-20210421-p57l37.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1939 on: May 25, 2021, 07:09:37 AM »
Maybe this should be in the rant thread, but it is covid related.
There was a Qld medico on the telly news last night complaining about how the people in Queensland aren't doing enough to get themselves vaccinated. I think he perhaps should have a closer look and work out that the real problem isn't the people trying to get it, it's the people that are not trying to provide it  >:D

I've been eligible for a couple of weeks now, but up until a week ago the only places that could provide it were nowhere near where I live. Last week I got a text to advise that it was now available from GP's, so I started trying to get the vaccine. Rank my GP (no online booking system), and was told they are only allocated 50 doses per week, and were booked out for vaccines until mid August. Rang another GP, had a spot available at the end of June, and it would cost $70 for the doctors appointment (that practice doesn't bulk bill), rang a third GP but they also were booked out of their allocated doses for 4 weeks in advance. Finally found a GP out of town a little who had a spot left for next week.

I live on the fringe of greater Brisbane, but have to travel out of town to get the vaccine. I felt like punching the dick on the tele in the face when he slagged people for not taking up the vaccine fast enough in QLD...... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Qld is sitting second last in Aus for doses administered per 100,000 people, I believe this is driven by poor availability and lack of places that can provide it..... not by peoples lack of enthusiasm for it. The fact that just about every place I tried that can provide it is booked out 4 to 6 weeks in advance suggests that the blame for the slow take up rests on the Gov's inability to supply.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1940 on: May 25, 2021, 08:17:18 AM »
Very much the same story in Adelaide, I’m trying our local GP again today to try and book in. Adelaides largest COVID vaccine clinic opens 5 days a week, 8.30 to 3.30. Why not run it till 9pm Seven days a week. Discussion on the radio yesterday about the possibility of closing it for three to four weeks  so the pavilion can be used for the Royal Show.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1941 on: May 25, 2021, 10:07:11 AM »
Here we go again in Melb...

Victoria records fifth community case, testing sites overwhelmed
A fifth coronavirus case has been diagnosed in Victoria after a man in his 60s was linked to the Whittlesea outbreak.

Private gatherings limited to five in Victoria; masks required inside; exposure list expands

The Victorian state government is still working through how the latest coronavirus restrictions in Greater Melbourne will impact major events such as the football.

But bars and restaurants will remain unchanged, says Acting Premier James Merlino.

“So there’s no changes to the arrangements in bars and restaurants [and] no changes to the existing density equations for bars and restaurants,” he said.

“We’re going to put a pause on the further easings that were to commence on the 28th of May.”
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1942 on: May 25, 2021, 11:05:48 AM »
And all five have the Indian variet of covid.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1943 on: May 25, 2021, 06:40:09 PM »

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Do you get that variety  from 7-11s?

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1944 on: May 25, 2021, 06:41:56 PM »
Maybe this should be in the rant thread, but it is covid related.
There was a Qld medico on the telly news last night complaining about how the people in Queensland aren't doing enough to get themselves vaccinated. I think he perhaps should have a closer look and work out that the real problem isn't the people trying to get it, it's the people that are not trying to provide it  >:D

I've been eligible for a couple of weeks now, but up until a week ago the only places that could provide it were nowhere near where I live. Last week I got a text to advise that it was now available from GP's, so I started trying to get the vaccine. Rank my GP (no online booking system), and was told they are only allocated 50 doses per week, and were booked out for vaccines until mid August. Rang another GP, had a spot available at the end of June, and it would cost $70 for the doctors appointment (that practice doesn't bulk bill), rang a third GP but they also were booked out of their allocated doses for 4 weeks in advance. Finally found a GP out of town a little who had a spot left for next week.

I live on the fringe of greater Brisbane, but have to travel out of town to get the vaccine. I felt like punching the dick on the tele in the face when he slagged people for not taking up the vaccine fast enough in QLD...... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Qld is sitting second last in Aus for doses administered per 100,000 people, I believe this is driven by poor availability and lack of places that can provide it..... not by peoples lack of enthusiasm for it. The fact that just about every place I tried that can provide it is booked out 4 to 6 weeks in advance suggests that the blame for the slow take up rests on the Gov's inability to supply.

It must be difficult to get as our Premier, Health Minister and Chief Health Officer can’t seem to get the jab.

Seriously though I understand the Nundah clinic is easy to access for the jab.
https://www.hotdoc.com.au/medical-centres/nundah-QLD-4012/nundah-village-family-practice/doctors/covid-19-vaccine-clinic5-1
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 06:45:25 PM by rags »
The following users thanked this post: Spada

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1945 on: May 25, 2021, 06:44:54 PM »

Up to 9 now
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1946 on: May 25, 2021, 07:36:15 PM »
And more to come.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1947 on: May 25, 2021, 07:39:15 PM »
Quote from: D4D
Up to 9 now
He also went to some sports tournament... #s will be exploding within days
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1948 on: May 26, 2021, 10:37:17 AM »
He also went to the MCG footy... sat in the cheer squad for Port ...

Lockdown announced by 6pm?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1949 on: May 26, 2021, 10:47:48 AM »
15 and growing, starting to spread around the city.