Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 307083 times)

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #1900 on: March 30, 2021, 05:12:04 PM »
The app remembers your details, but when I click on the service nsw app, it wants the password ( passnumber to be precise ) to enter the site.

If I use the camera, the QR code makes it go to the service nsw site, but still need a passnumber !!

Sorry mate, I don't know why you're getting that. What happens when you open the Services NSW app, Select COVID Safe Check-in, then scan the QR?
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1901 on: March 30, 2021, 08:49:02 PM »
Sorry mate, I don't know why you're getting that. What happens when you open the Services NSW app, Select COVID Safe Check-in, then scan the QR?

When I open the service nsw app, you must login with a pin. Then you can select covid, drivers license, rego etc etc !!

Somehow it logs off after a time and next time I use it, have to login again. Yours mustn't be logging off ?
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1902 on: March 31, 2021, 09:57:53 AM »
2 more community cases in Qld from 33000 tested yesterday, both a direct link to one of the known clusters.

Promising, but no official announcement on the lockdown until 9am tomorrow.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #1903 on: March 31, 2021, 11:04:25 AM »
Just heard on the radio, Northern Rivers on high alert(Byron, Lismore, Ballina), authorities are saying this may increase, to include other Local goverment areas.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 11:06:36 AM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1904 on: March 31, 2021, 12:59:22 PM »
Just heard on the radio, Northern Rivers on high alert(Byron, Lismore, Ballina), authorities are saying this may increase, to include other Local goverment areas.

Saw that, getting closer.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1905 on: March 31, 2021, 01:22:55 PM »
When I open the service nsw app, you must login with a pin. Then you can select covid, drivers license, rego etc etc !!

Somehow it logs off after a time and next time I use it, have to login again. Yours mustn't be logging off ?

Well this is weird. If I use my old Samsung S5, I don't need to login, unless I select Vouchers or Check demerits etc. I can click Covid safe check-in without logging in.
On my new Samsung A31, I have to login before I can open the app, but I can use thumbprint login. I don't know why it's different for each phone...
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1906 on: March 31, 2021, 04:30:46 PM »
Well this is weird. If I use my old Samsung S5, I don't need to login, unless I select Vouchers or Check demerits etc. I can click Covid safe check-in without logging in.
On my new Samsung A31, I have to login before I can open the app, but I can use thumbprint login. I don't know why it's different for each phone...

No idea either ? The wifes phone is an i phone 6 s which you have to login 1st, with my old samsung s5 the same..

BUT, once logged in you can go back to the app and it goes straight in ?  But if you go back the next day, you have to login again ? There must be a time imit on how long the app stays "open" ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline scrubber

• Swag User
« Reply #1907 on: March 31, 2021, 05:07:42 PM »
The skeptical part of me (which is a lot given my line of work) wonders just when all this juicy tracking information is going to be compromised and used in a manner that it was not intended?  Its not a case of "if" but "when".  Many people will probably not care (who cares if I went to Maccas at Dubbo at 1734 on the 2/4/2021 etc etc and someone finds this out who is not authorised), to those that are concerned but don't understand the implications, to those that see this as a real concern.
These "bread crumps" are invaluable to those who wish to exploit them. 
I'm lucky that I rarely need to go to a place that requires sign in whether it be via QR code or paper based so I am yet to to fill one out. 
Whilst I fully understand the good intentions the sign in/registration processes, I just don't trust it.  There are other ways of managing the risk.
And please don't misconstrue this as "selfish" or any of that crap - I just have a different view on the whole thing based on my experience.

“Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.” George Carlin

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1908 on: March 31, 2021, 05:48:30 PM »
Blues Fest has been binned.
Yamba has been smashed with an influx of QLD plated vehicles.
Traveled the M1 between Grafton & Maclean a couple of times today, the amount qld plated vehicles towing campers/caravans/roof top tents, 4wdrives,  heading south was very noticeable. 
Yeah sure it's Easter, but the traffic was heavy.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1909 on: March 31, 2021, 06:17:56 PM »
No idea either ? The wifes phone is an i phone 6 s which you have to login 1st, with my old samsung s5 the same..

BUT, once logged in you can go back to the app and it goes straight in ?  But if you go back the next day, you have to login again ? There must be a time imit on how long the app stays "open" ??

But the thing is, on the S5, I never need to login to open the app. But if I want to check my points or rego or whatever, it requires me to login. The covid check in doesn't ever require login. First time I opened it, I entered my details (can't remember if I had to login the first time) but since then, it hasn't needed a login for the covid safe checkin.

Edit.........
Found this on the website:
Do customers need a MyServiceNSW account in order to use the COVID Safe Check-in tool in the Service NSW app?

No, they do not need a MyServiceNSW account. They can complete a guest check-in (no account log-in required) using the COVID Safe Check-in tool in the Service NSW app.

If they do not wish to download the Service NSW app they can complete the Service NSW webform check-in.

Maybe it's only opening in guest mode on the S5, but that doesn't explain why the A31 requires a log in.. I give up LOL
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 06:26:09 PM by Troopy_03 »

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1910 on: March 31, 2021, 08:03:18 PM »
You'd have to have Shit for brains to go camping anywhere in the SE QLD & Northern Rivers atm with the unwashed.
But, I bet there are some that reckon, it's cool.
Plenty of FB groups where people are keen to tho.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1911 on: March 31, 2021, 08:31:58 PM »
If you say so....

This Shit for brains will be heading off around 9am tomorrow with his unwashed family that all returned negative COVID test results today. 
Just hoping the rest of my unwashed family can still join us for an awesome few days out in the fresh air.

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1912 on: March 31, 2021, 09:02:05 PM »
Plenty of self entitled arse hats out there.
If you are camped somewhere, away from unknowns, that's awesome.
Would love to be bush camping this Easter, last two years have been a bitch, Fires, Covid, Floods, now bloody covid again.
I have contact throughout the week with the elderly, frail, I see their concerns.
I am not 'entitled' to go camping, especially in a high contact area.
But,  each to their own.
:)

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #1913 on: March 31, 2021, 09:14:50 PM »
Not looking to good in our region .. QLD nuse and the hens party + the tradie they infected, seem to have hit virtualy most every spot allong the coast from Ballina to Brissoland ..
Mandatory we wear masks at work now plus other restrictions, Joy ! The mass exodus from Brissoland the other day before lock down produced enough confrontations without these extra restrictions ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1914 on: March 31, 2021, 10:00:48 PM »
If you say so....

This Shit for brains will be heading off around 9am tomorrow with his unwashed family that all returned negative COVID test results today. 
Just hoping the rest of my unwashed family can still join us for an awesome few days out in the fresh air.

I would think those outside the lockdown area will be hoping the lockdown continues as that way you will get where ever you go, to yourself.
I hope that I can make it up the coast but hey I can camp in the backyard by the river here in Brisbane if stuck at home, just glad the flooding was last week.
Enjoy your trip Pete,

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1915 on: April 01, 2021, 04:42:30 AM »
If you say so....

everybody should get a good wash with the way your rain generator works
Spada.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1916 on: April 01, 2021, 05:28:55 AM »
If you say so....

Hey Shit for Brains...... LOL there is a little rain on the forecast.
Take a cake of soap and have a wash.......  ;D

Don't wait to be told, you need Palmolive Gold.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #1917 on: April 01, 2021, 06:26:03 AM »
Haha, you guys.... ;)

I don’t need to check the weather forecast anymore, I know it’s going to be wet as soon as I hitch the camper onto the back of my car. ;D
Spada is right about the rain generator, we haven’t had a dry trip with it since I built the thing.

And on the COVID testing stuff, the drive through place I went to last time in Caloundra is not operating anymore. And the one we went to in the hinterland doesn’t ask for a reply to the text with your negative result.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #1918 on: April 01, 2021, 08:29:59 AM »
Hope you have a nice port to go with your easter eggs around the fire, Port and chocolate in the mist by a fire on a cool  night .MMmmmmmmmm ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1919 on: April 01, 2021, 10:09:17 AM »
Good news

Brisbane’s lockdown will end at noon – five hours earlier than originally planned – after Queensland recorded just one new locally acquired coronavirus case on Thursday.

Ten new cases were detected in hotel quarantine overnight. The sole new local case was linked back to an existing cluster.

Private gatherings will still be capped at 30 people and masks will remain mandatory indoors.

On Thursday morning, Premier Annastacia Palletjack said a record 34,711 tests were conducted overnight.

“The lockdown has been lifted in greater Brisbane, but we’re not out of the woods yet, so I’m asking all Queenslanders for the next two weeks ... to do the right thing, we can get through this together,” the Premier said.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1920 on: April 01, 2021, 10:37:04 AM »
Hope you have a nice port to go with your easter eggs around the fire, Port and chocolate in the mist by a fire on a cool  night .MMmmmmmmmm ..

I've packed a bottle of St George dragons blood  ;D https://www.riversandswines.com/wine/fn-good-phort-fgp-2018
Spada.

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1921 on: April 01, 2021, 11:05:09 AM »
Qld premier on ABC,
'The reason we have brought it forward is we don't want to see accidents if everybody leaves at 5 o'clock'
WTF.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1922 on: April 01, 2021, 11:35:09 AM »
Qld premier on ABC,
'The reason we have brought it forward is we don't want to see accidents if everybody leaves at 5 o'clock'
WTF.

What's wrong with that?

Folks that can go at 12 will, those who can go a tad later, will.

Those who don't finish until later, will leave late.
Are you friggin simple.

I know this post will get pulled, but for fuks sake Hairs, stop being a friggin drama queen.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 11:38:23 AM by Jeepers Creepers »

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1923 on: April 01, 2021, 11:41:39 AM »
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers
I know this post will get pulled, but for fuks sake Hairs, stop being a friggin drama queen.

I think its got more to do with 'panic stations - lockdown'... then a piss poor excuse to end it early
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1924 on: April 01, 2021, 11:49:38 AM »
The day before th long weekend, its a given, some muppet will start a nose to tail prang off on the M1 south or the friggin Bruce north.
Not you Bruce, the Bruce highway.

I'd put money on the fact, if the Premier held out until 5pm with the lockdown, Hairs would piss and moan she should've lifted it earlier to let people stagger some leave times.

I'm aware of about 10 or more mates with show cars, that are on trailers ready to go north for the RockyNats that i'm aware of.

I'd hate to be on the road this Easter.