Author Topic: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)  (Read 512345 times)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)
« Reply #1800 on: March 28, 2018, 04:46:29 PM »
What really matters that Australians aren’t outraged about?

Let,s  see....Corruption in local councils, Corruption in state govts, corruption in federal govts, Cops investigating cops, Tax concessions for only the very wealthy, back hand deals for developers, Illegal clearing of land, stealing water, giving billions of free water to adani, pollies super...Shit I could go on for hours....
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1801 on: March 28, 2018, 05:17:39 PM »

Let,s  see....Corruption in local councils, Corruption in state govts, corruption in federal govts, Cops investigating cops, Tax concessions for only the very wealthy, back hand deals for developers, Illegal clearing of land, stealing water, giving billions of free water to adani, pollies super...Shit I could go on for hours....

Wrong forum, should be on the daily rant. ;D Be careful though, hate to see you blow a gasket.
So many injustices nowadays it's become the norm.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1802 on: March 28, 2018, 06:05:20 PM »
Wrong forum, should be on the daily rant. ;D Be careful though, hate to see you blow a gasket.
So many injustices nowadays it's become the norm.

And thats the problem...its become the norm....VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!! :cheers:
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1803 on: March 28, 2018, 06:19:40 PM »
l really cant see the point of cricket ........
Having some Bastard bashing your ball with a flat bat.............. are we having fun yet  .  ???
 lts faster to watch paint dry on a warm day .       :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1804 on: March 28, 2018, 06:52:36 PM »
they weren't tipped off... the cameramen noticed it... not an unreasonable thing to believe... cricket cameramen have more often than not, been in the job for years and are experienced/trained to keep an eye out for these types of things...

do you honestly think that if SA/anybody had audio of them talking about ball tampering, that it wouldn't have somehow been leaked to the press already?
i thought it was a South African commentator that noticed it to start with,  he noticed Bancroft was doing something slightly different with the ball....he then told the camera guys to watch Bancroft and it took an hour and a half before they finally caught him out.
Channel 9 news just reporting Warner and Smith gone for 12 months, Bancroft got 9 months
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 07:34:47 PM by Rumpig »
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1805 on: March 28, 2018, 07:18:46 PM »
i thought it was a South African commentator that noticed it to start with,  he noticed Bancroft was doing something slightly different with the ball....he then told the camera guys to watch Bancroft and it took an hour and a half before they finally caught him out.
Channel 9 news just reporting Warner and Smith gone for 12 months, Bancroft I think got 6 months

from this article:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/how-the-cameras-caught-australian-ball-tampering-against-south-africa/news-story/b247ae4c588f7af534d2a33bd6d7b291

South African commentator Neil Manthorp told the Devlin Radio Show that the local camera crew at the ground had a hunch Bancroft was up to no good.

“Credit to them. They knew what was going on,” Manthorp said.

“They could see that something peculiar was going on. They took it upon themselves. It wasn’t a director who said ‘Right. Get onto that’. For them it was a personal triumph.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1806 on: March 28, 2018, 07:27:25 PM »
from this article:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/how-the-cameras-caught-australian-ball-tampering-against-south-africa/news-story/b247ae4c588f7af534d2a33bd6d7b291

South African commentator Neil Manthorp told the Devlin Radio Show that the local camera crew at the ground had a hunch Bancroft was up to no good.

“Credit to them. They knew what was going on,” Manthorp said.

“They could see that something peculiar was going on. They took it upon themselves. It wasn’t a director who said ‘Right. Get onto that’. For them it was a personal triumph.

must have been a camera guy i heard being interviewed the other day then, i thought it was an ex player come commentator saying he noticed something suspicious.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1807 on: March 29, 2018, 06:13:38 AM »
must have been a camera guy i heard being interviewed the other day then, i thought it was an ex player come commentator saying he noticed something suspicious.

either way (commentator/cameraman), the narrative that bugging might have been involved doesn't pass the smell test for me... IMO...

Offline paul.o

• Tent User
« Reply #1808 on: March 29, 2018, 09:23:16 AM »

Read an article yesterday stating Fannie De Villiers thought it was odd that the ball was reversing so early, so he told the camera dudes to follow the ball.

I think the punishments are fair, and I'm glad Warner won't ever be seen as the Captain of anything again. Never could understand how he was Vice Captain.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1809 on: March 29, 2018, 11:18:34 AM »
its piss funny how everyone is up in arms that Smith got abused on the way through the airport... WTF did they expect.. Flowers and wine?

More sponsors walking away... asics shoes for the individuals.

but this is a big one for the whole gig...
https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/magellan-dumps-cricket-australia-sponsorship-deal-20180329-p4z6u2.html

I'd say the TV rights would be worth about 1/2 what they were last time now. Bargain? or waste of money... with all teh talk of people saying they are over cricket and the team... how many would watch it?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 11:38:06 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1810 on: March 29, 2018, 12:47:16 PM »

Read an article yesterday stating Fannie De Villiers thought it was odd that the ball was reversing so early, so he told the camera dudes to follow the ball.
pretty sure that is the interview of who I listened to on the radio

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1811 on: March 30, 2018, 02:10:35 PM »
Sorry but I think that was the worst staged cry I've ever seen.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Raym

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1812 on: March 30, 2018, 02:37:30 PM »
its piss funny how everyone is up in arms that Smith got abused on the way through the airport... WTF did they expect.. Flowers and wine?

More sponsors walking away... asics shoes for the individuals.

but this is a big one for the whole gig...
https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/magellan-dumps-cricket-australia-sponsorship-deal-20180329-p4z6u2.html

I'd say the TV rights would be worth about 1/2 what they were last time now. Bargain? or waste of money... with all teh talk of people saying they are over cricket and the team... how many would watch it?

The thing I found amusing about the airport abuse was I could hear distinct SA voices amongst the abusers. Wonder if they dished up the same to the 2 current SA test team members also guilty of ball tampering. One of them on two occasions. All hysteria because they are aussies caught out.

Probably because it is expected everyone else will try to win at all costs but not the Aussies.

I am not defending what they have done, however:

Ball tampering has been going on for long time & lots of big names in cricket either guilty or suspected and none of them have faced the same outcome.

Found this article which provides some perspective. The last 2 sentences say it all.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-league/comment-if-you-think-ball-tampering-is-our-national-sporting-shame-you-havent-met-matt-lodge/ar-AAvezYo?ocid=spartandhp

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1813 on: March 30, 2018, 07:48:27 PM »
Mmmm..

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1814 on: March 31, 2018, 10:49:16 AM »
Just saw the David Warner press conference on Fox Sports.  I’m no fan of the media at the best of times and their insistence on asking him if only he, Smith and Bancroft involved is just F@#$&ing ridiculous. He still has time to appeal the CA sanctions (so confirming he was the instigator is not going to happen) and if he threw any of his other teammates under the bus, the media would be the first to crucify him for that.  Obviously his answers were completely scripted (no big surprise there) and CA has left all three hung out to dry.  They’re the ones who should be explaining the detail of the investigation and why they came to the conclusions they did.

And I don’t understand why Steve Smith is now receiving so much sympathy. He was the captain and could and should have put a stop to the plan as soon as he heard about it.  But he didn’t and that shows exactly the type of person he is.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1815 on: March 31, 2018, 11:21:42 AM »

Pity Cricket Australia wasnt in charge of our court system.  Might see the scumbag thieves, fraudsters, home invaders etc. get a real sentence.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1816 on: March 31, 2018, 12:01:04 PM »
An interesting take on some of the sponsors pulling the pin here

A flagrant hypocrisy at  play when it comes to sport. Young cricket stars are expected to play by the rules but, for many business leaders, rule breaking is par for the course. Nowhere is this double standard more evident than in major sponsor, Commonwealth Bank, pulling its sponsorship of Cricket Australia in the wake of the players cheating.

Commbank may not be an egregious tax avoider like other large institutions operating in corporate Australia but it is a veteran rule-breaker; whether it be forgery in financial services, defrauding customers in Comminsure or breaching the nation’s anti money laundering and counter terrorism financing laws more than 53,000 times.

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/snicko-cricket-australia-its-just-not-cricket/

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1817 on: March 31, 2018, 12:19:23 PM »
Just saw the David Warner press conference on Fox Sports.  I’m no fan of the media at the best of times and their insistence on asking him if only he, Smith and Bancroft involved is just F@#$&ing ridiculous. He still has time to appeal the CA sanctions (so confirming he was the instigator is not going to happen) and if he threw any of his other teammates under the bus, the media would be the first to crucify him for that.  Obviously his answers were completely scripted (no big surprise there) and CA has left all three hung out to dry.  They’re the ones who should be explaining the detail of the investigation and why they came to the conclusions they did.

And I don’t understand why Steve Smith is now receiving so much sympathy. He was the captain and could and should have put a stop to the plan as soon as he heard about it.  But he didn’t and that shows exactly the type of person he is.

Blubbering on national TV seems to help in being forgiven.

The crunch is, if they didn't get caught, they'd be giggling like school girls about how they got away with it.

At least one of 'em could have said, I'M REALLY SORRY I GOT CAUGHT..... because, that would be the truth.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1818 on: March 31, 2018, 01:14:46 PM »

The crunch is, if they didn't get caught, they'd be giggling like school girls about how they got away with it.

At least one of 'em could have said, I'M REALLY SORRY I GOT CAUGHT..... because, that would be the truth.

But isnt that the truth behind any and every unlawful act?  Some of these scumbag reporters need a piece of 4 x 2 whacked over their heads as well. Big business, politicians, cops and all forms of govt make what these blokes did look like a walk in the park. They have been caught and dealt with appropriately.  Now if only we could prosecute the real illegal goings on the country.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1819 on: March 31, 2018, 01:20:56 PM »

its not even genuine blubbering. he didnt wipe a tear away once. but did avoid the questions quite well.
another totally scripted presser.... "stick to the script fellas, and save the others arses"
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1820 on: March 31, 2018, 02:15:08 PM »
To be fair to the 3 players involved.....it happens over time, that a person/s come to a point whereby considering and doing something 'wrong' is considered the 'right' thing to do...
Whether it be won at all costs, the result is what matters...etc etc etc....these types of thoughts take a while to build up..to the point where they can't see what they are thinking of doing, is wrong...

It's the realisation afterwards, of what they have actually done, that is the big hit for them....

So as much as i absolutely agree, that what they did was wrong, I honestly think, a lot has to be said for some type of underlying culture, that progressively had 3 players think it was 'right' to do it.

Mark
2020 Patrol Series 5
2015 Complete Campsite Exodus 14

2013,2015,2017 National Meet
Survivor 2013 McGirr Across the Gulf trip
2014 McGirr Cape trip
2016 Duggie Savannah trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

For every situation you have 3 choices. Live with it, change it, or leave it. But only pick one

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1821 on: March 31, 2018, 03:27:47 PM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1822 on: March 31, 2018, 03:42:24 PM »
I'd like to know the origin of the sandpaper.
Where and when was it purchased and by whom.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1823 on: March 31, 2018, 03:45:11 PM »

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
i thought it was just tape from teh first aid kit... then rub it in the dirt to get the gritty surface???
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1824 on: March 31, 2018, 04:49:36 PM »

Every batsman would have it in his kit.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado