Author Topic: Jayco Work And Play????  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
Jayco Work And Play????
« on: January 24, 2021, 07:30:57 AM »
Thought I'd throw this up here for more chance of a response.
Just in the process of buying a 2014 17.51 Jayco Work and Play. Wondering if anyone on here has one and has any tips and tricks, mods. Any dramas with load distribution?  We will be carrying motorbikes. How accurate is Jaycos tare weight on the comp. plate? Jayco mention that each van is weighed prior to plate being engraved. Should I ask old mate to get a weighbridge certificate, at my cost, to make sure the tare is somewhat accurate as it will affect my payload if it's not?
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Cheers, Mike.

2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

96 80 Series. Lots of mods, not enough wheeling. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gulf King Warrior soft floor camper & 19ft Jayco Van

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Jayco Work And Play????
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 10:28:17 AM »
How accurate is Jaycos tare weight on the comp. plate? Jayco mention that each van is weighed prior to plate being engraved. Should I ask old mate to get a weighbridge certificate, at my cost, to make sure the tare is somewhat accurate as it will affect my payload if it's not?

Regardless of how accurate the plate may have (or have not ???) been at time of manufacture, I would still get one now, because you don't know what old mate may have done over time that could change things in some way ???
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday