Author Topic: Metal fabricator west Melbourne  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Claws

• Tent User
Metal fabricator west Melbourne
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:42:02 AM »
Does anyone living on the west side of Melbourne know a good metal fabricator? I have a Kaymar rear bar with wheel carrier on the passenger side and want to fit a dual jerrycan holder on the drivers side but Kaymar don't appear to make them for the 80. Also want to get a 4 jerrycan holder made for the front of the new van....

As I have a petrol 80 series dual fuel I only have the main 95 litre tank so will need to be able to carry at least 6 jerrycans of fuel when we are heading through the desert. Not overly keen on mounting them all on the drawbar but as my van is a rear entry mounting jerry's on the rear of the van is not an option.

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
Re: Metal fabricator west Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:45:06 AM »
Would it be cheaper to have a larger tank fitted? Ironman prices don't look too bad. I had something made for my Prado before the big trip and bugger me dead, it cost an absolute fortune. They did a great job but now that piece of fabrication forms part of a gate at my neighbours. :-X :P
I know Eltham is a fair distance but the guy did a great job and would recommend. Not affliated. PM me if you need details.
Wayne
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:46:41 AM by fuji »
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎