Author Topic: Which order do cars get to proceed at this intersection  (Read 2753 times)

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
Which order do cars get to proceed at this intersection
« on: December 06, 2018, 05:32:27 AM »
Apparently lots got it wrong....

I poor at following road rules and the family reckon I operate under weeds’s road rules but even I got this one right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Which order do cars get to proceed at this intersection
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 05:35:07 AM »
Yellow first, then blue, then red by the rules of the road. (Unless ya colour blind)

In real life, all three at once, small bingle, then a punch up.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 06:54:29 AM »
Typical of the Numpties that drive around here.
Yellow car waits till your nearly on top of it and pulls out in front of you without indicating left or right ...
Blue car   Driving around with their right turn indicators flashing and not turning most likely going to turn left.
Red car is clearly  normal for a car driven by a  Sheeple,  Its got indicators going,  failing to  stop at the Give Way sign while the driver is distracted texting away,  forgetting where they are and what they are supposed to be doing  pulls across in front of you .
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 07:07:18 AM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 07:01:55 AM »
As jeepers said. Basically a t intersection with the straight road having a bend.
Yellow doesn't indicate as he is going stright, although around a bend.
Blue has to indicate as he is turning, although not physically turning. But if he went left he wouldn't indicate.
Red if he was going straight he could either indicate left or not at all, probably wouldnt matter on that one.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Jimbags

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 07:34:31 AM »
There is an intersection like that at kennards hire in springwood and i have had a few close calls there in the past from people not knowing the rules.

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 08:13:25 AM »
After a few hours of people arguing over who was right, the RACQ finally revealed the correct order: Yellow, blue, red, orange.

“The give way sign at this intersection makes the path the yellow vehicle is on the continuing road, which curves to the right,” they explained.

“The red and orange vehicles are facing a give way sign and must give way to all other traffic.

“Therefore the yellow vehicle goes first, the blue vehicle goes second as it is effectively turning right off the continuing road and the red and orange vehicles follow.”

Offline Merts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 09:50:50 AM »
That is a terrible diagram which makes it confusing and potentially misleading.
Apart from anything else, I'm yet to come across any intersections where the kerbs have a 90 degree bend with no radius.
Whenever the normal priority is altered at a T intersection like that, the kerb returns are almost always altered to reinforce the fact that the through road is the one going around the bend.
Towing a a National Campers 'Hermit 10' hybrid with an MQ Triton. Previously towed an Outback Campers 'Sturt' softfloor. (PM me if you want to buy the Sturt!)

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 10:38:51 AM »
That is a terrible diagram which makes it confusing and potentially misleading.
Apart from anything else, I'm yet to come across any intersections where the kerbs have a 90 degree bend with no radius.
Whenever the normal priority is altered at a T intersection like that, the kerb returns are almost always altered to reinforce the fact that the through road is the one going around the bend.

Agree.......we have the mirror image of this at the bottom of our hill.....also has concrete curbing with gaps for the turning cars.

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 11:44:27 AM »
I agree with Jeepers, but I am color blind so to be sure I would need all the cars to be white

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 11:50:05 AM »
Hi,
   Only ever seen one like that, where the Exeter Highway does a 90 degree bend at a T junction, NW Tas.

-41.2374511, 146.5465185

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 11:59:29 AM by austastar »

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 02:57:19 PM »
We use to have two intersection like this within 150 meters of each other.
It allowed traffic through town right of way, but that gave motorists the impression that they had right of way through all of our village, which caused near misses at another T intersection.
We finally got a 27M$ bridge that allowed traffic to flow through town.
Now, it's pretty sad when motorists have nfi who gives way to who.
For the last 20 years, Learner drivers are taught to pass a test, not drive.

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline BBull

• Tent User
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 10:26:45 AM »
I've always gone by the rule MIGHT HAS RIGHT.
If they are bigger than me and they want to go I will happily give way to them,

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 12:09:31 PM »
Quote from: Hairs
For the last 20 years, Learner drivers are taught to pass a test, not drive.
I wouldnt hold much in driving tests - Lady at K's work's son failed his P's few weeks back because he was a round about and the bloke behind him beeped his horn. The Tester said Instant fail ???
Apparently the kid should have gone while there was a car directly infront of him in the round about... Funniest part was the driving instructor was in the back and was lost for words of the stupidity of the tester and argued like Shit that he had been training kids to wait for clear passage on round abouts for 20 years and would he have failed him for having an accident  or other car blasting his horn at him for nearly having an accident.. The world is ****ed honestly...
Tester wouldn't then let the kid drive back ??? Instructor after much arguing told the tester you you failed him for doing nothing wrong, you drive back.

Booked in at a 'rural' Vicroads and passed few weeks later first time through, with the tester commending him on his driving and attitude...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 12:10:46 PM »
I've always gone by the rule MIGHT HAS RIGHT.
If they are bigger than me and they want to go I will happily give way to them,

The problem with people doing that is like when you're stopped at a stop sign, or give way sign, and the car you're supposed to give way to tries to wave you through. I've seen where the person at the give way sign has gone ahead, only for the person urging them on, to change their mind at the last minute. Guess who gets in the poo for it. If they do it to me, I just take my hands off the wheel until they get out of the way.

Or the idiot a couple of days ago, who stops on a roundabout to let a car come on in front of her. She nearly wore my bull bar up the behind.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Merts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 12:33:46 PM »
The problem with people doing that is like when you're stopped at a stop sign, or give way sign, and the car you're supposed to give way to tries to wave you through. I've seen where the person at the give way sign has gone ahead, only for the person urging them on, to change their mind at the last minute. Guess who gets in the poo for it. If they do it to me, I just take my hands off the wheel until they get out of the way.

Yep. I do the same.
I also refuse to go when pedestrians tell me it's fine to not give way to them, when I'm turning at an intersection, or coming out of a private driveway.
Towing a a National Campers 'Hermit 10' hybrid with an MQ Triton. Previously towed an Outback Campers 'Sturt' softfloor. (PM me if you want to buy the Sturt!)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 04:23:55 PM »
Hang on  the car with the most Dings & a Rusted Bull bar goes where ever it wants to . Hard Chees to everybody else  . Or   " Hold my Beer & watch this  " that seems to work well toooooo      :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline BBull

• Tent User
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 09:39:07 AM »

Or the idiot a couple of days ago, who stops on a roundabout to let a car come on in front of her. She nearly wore my bull bar up the behind.
Sorry I didn't explain my self enough.
Probably more if there is a bus or a B double that wants to go I'll happily sit and wait.