Author Topic: Buying a property for Camping  (Read 12910 times)

Offline woolgoolgaoffroad

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Hardfloor
Re: Buying a property for Camping
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »
I'm happy camped in my shed where and as I am.  Admittedly a mountain stream would be nice

Pee outside ??😂
At least it will run downhill 😎
Kev

http://woolgoolgaoffroad.blogspot.com.au
Landcruiser + Ultra Breakaway

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2018, 09:48:46 PM »
Nothings changed out there in the last thirty years then. I remember when they were flogging those off in late night tv infomercials in Sydney. I always thought the selling technique was pretty unscrupulous at the time.

Sounds like what an old boss I had used to refer too as "no takers acres"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:23:39 AM by tryagain »

Offline Hookie

• Tent User
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2018, 04:39:17 AM »
this is the go !!!

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-lifestyle-nsw-newton+boyd-7965718

That's right around the area I'd want to buy. I'm only $79k short! Doubt I'd ever get sick of it either, going to Nymboida River campground next weekend, for the third time in less than 2 months...

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2018, 08:55:22 AM »
how about an entire town
https://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/buying/entire-town-hits-market-for-unbelievable-price/news-story/d52ca67121c2f11eec1f280906684192

Entire town hits market for unbelievable price

THIS could be the ultimate bargain. An entire town complete with 12 houses, a helipad and tennis court could be yours for an unbelievable price.

WHY limit yourself to just one house when you can buy an entire town?

For people after a bargain, you can grab this entire regional Queensland town for less than the cost of an average Brisbane home.
The homes are in good condition.

The town of Allies Creek, complete with 12 houses and more than 14 hectares of land can be yours for just $500,000.

QUEENSLAND’S CHEAPEST HOUSE SOLD FOR $25K
The town comes with its own dam.

The small township was originally built to house the workers of a timber mill, which has since closed down.

Current owner Natali Williams bought the town about eight years ago with her husband and planned to turn it into a caravan park.

After her husband passed away she put the property on the market, originally with a price of $2.1 million in 2015.

he price was lowered a number of times after its initial listing, but it failed to find the right buyer.

This week it received another price reduction to just $500,000 when it was listed with new agent Danielle Meyer from Danielle Meyer Rural.

“I think it would be the perfect place for someone that thinks outside of the box,” Mrs Meyer said.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2018, 10:04:37 AM »
We have looked around Mudgee, Lithgow and Bathurst areas but given we want to get out of Sydney in the next 5yrs we decided to put it on the back burner
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2018, 06:01:00 PM »
Nothings changed out there in the last thirty years then. I remember when they were flogging those off in late night tv infomercials in Sydney. I always thought the selling technique was pretty unscrupulous at the time.

It’s pretty ordinary country that’s in those parcels, but wouldn’t be a bad retreat if you could trust your neighbors. There’s some pretty wild characters there... my uncle is one of the now  ;D

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2018, 07:55:32 PM »
how about an entire town
https://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/buying/entire-town-hits-market-for-unbelievable-price/news-story/d52ca67121c2f11eec1f280906684192

Entire town hits market for unbelievable price

THIS could be the ultimate bargain. An entire town complete with 12 houses, a helipad and tennis court could be yours for an unbelievable price.

WHY limit yourself to just one house when you can buy an entire town?

For people after a bargain, you can grab this entire regional Queensland town for less than the cost of an average Brisbane home.
The homes are in good condition.

The town of Allies Creek, complete with 12 houses and more than 14 hectares of land can be yours for just $500,000.

QUEENSLAND’S CHEAPEST HOUSE SOLD FOR $25K
The town comes with its own dam.

The small township was originally built to house the workers of a timber mill, which has since closed down.

Current owner Natali Williams bought the town about eight years ago with her husband and planned to turn it into a caravan park.

After her husband passed away she put the property on the market, originally with a price of $2.1 million in 2015.

he price was lowered a number of times after its initial listing, but it failed to find the right buyer.

This week it received another price reduction to just $500,000 when it was listed with new agent Danielle Meyer from Danielle Meyer Rural.

“I think it would be the perfect place for someone that thinks outside of the box,” Mrs Meyer said.

Hey Bird this is the same place I posted yesterday (9 posts back)
Apparently the now deceased owner first spotted the property when he attended the site for a clearing auction of the equipment associated with the former saw mill. He purchased a bit of gear but the came back and got the town.
It was for sale around 12 months ago,  for a higher price but must not have sold.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:05:21 PM by rags »

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2018, 09:06:00 PM »
We should all chip in and but this beauty......but watch the agent he's a dodgey prick  ;D

http://raywhitecommercialnoosasunshinecoastnorth.com/properties/commercial-for-sale/qld/cootharaba-4565/uncategorised/1893759

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2018, 09:39:35 PM »
We should all chip in and but this beauty......but watch the agent he's a dodgey prick  ;D

http://raywhitecommercialnoosasunshinecoastnorth.com/properties/commercial-for-sale/qld/cootharaba-4565/uncategorised/1893759

Nomad, that looks a great property, is it in Noosa council or Gympie Council? Decide on a direction to take the property and it could be a great venture.
I'm happy to be the 1st stakeholder to sign up on a joint venture. How many share holders needed at $1 mil per share?

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2018, 07:09:24 AM »
Hi Nomad, your in my old back yard that block is just up the road from my brother who owns a 1000 acres in Cootharaba my family has lived in that area since 1906, and my mate Jim owns the corner block with all the old car and crap on it, That is an old organic golf cores that Rena owned she started the iconic brand Billabong with her ex husband, and its Noosa shire biggest pack greeny iceholes to deal with you will come across, Craig   
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:12:12 AM by Craig Tomkinson »
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2018, 07:18:05 AM »
Nomad, that looks a great property, is it in Noosa council or Gympie Council? Decide on a direction to take the property and it could be a great venture.
I'm happy to be the 1st stakeholder to sign up on a joint venture. How many share holders needed at $1 mil per share?

Probably 3 or 4.

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2018, 07:21:36 AM »
Hi Nomad, your in my old back yard that block is just up the road from my brother who owns a 1000 acres in Cootharaba my family has lived in that area since 1906, and my mate Jim owns the corner block with all the old car and crap on it, That is an old organic golf cores that Rena owned she started the iconic brand Billabong with her ex husband, and its Noosa shire biggest pack greeny iceholes to deal with you will come across, Craig

Ahhhh yeah............I wish Jim would clean his Shit up lol. The fire warden is a fire hazard. As for the Greenies, they can have whatever ideology they want, Noosa is full of the ****ers. The hypocrisy is amazing though. I have learnt alot about organics in this process and as far as I am concerned its mostly bullShit. Though I have been pulling oranges off the trees as I go around, there are huge and beautiful to eat.

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2018, 07:58:09 AM »
Yes lovely block up on top its red sandy loam wallum over the edge, Yes Jim should clean his crap up I think he has dropped the value of every block around there by thousands,  My brother Dennis built the dam with his 275 hp cat D8 dozer It was going to be a lot bigger but he hit a big coal seam where the wall is and had to stop building it as big, as the was leeking bad but it must of took up over the years , Craig
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:48:11 AM by Craig Tomkinson »
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline Bunyip

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lucky to have such a supportive SWMBO as LB
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2018, 04:01:37 PM »

At least the agent's commission would be low  ;D
2002 Landcruiser GXV

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2018, 05:05:33 PM »
We talked about it for years, then just went out and did it.

Best thing we ever did.
I'm down pretty much ever 2nd weekend. (Although this year hasn't been so often with my son in high school and 200 parties to go to and sports!!!)
But we do use it and don't ever get sick of it.
Met some damn fine neighbours and will never look back. Never sell it either.

Throw caution to the wind, this isn't a trail run, it's your life. Do what you want now before it's too late.

(P.S. - if you want to come for a visit, PM me)
It's in Dalton NSW
Just south of Goulburn. An easy 2.5 hour drive south of Shitney

What Brian said just do it.

I’ve never heard of councils having a problem with weekenders. All council care is you pay your rates and you consult them on matters that concern them.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2018, 07:00:04 PM »
Yes lovely block up on top its red sandy loam wallum over the edge, Yes Jim should clean his crap up I think he has dropped the value of every block around there by thousands,  My brother Dennis built the dam with his 275 hp cat D8 dozer It was going to be a lot bigger but he hit a big coal seam where the wall is and had to stop building it as big, as the was leeking bad but it must of took up over the years , Craig

Yeah Troy the manager was telling me about the dam. Beautiful soil up there, and very well cared for. Yeah the dam is a bit small, at about 4 hectares. I keep meaning to through a line in and see what jumps on, apparently its heavily stocked and never been fished.
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2018, 07:06:15 PM »
At least the agent's commission would be low  ;D

Not bloody likely lol........I'll earn every cent selling this thing. Its been on the market for years at moon money.  ;D

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2018, 08:49:07 PM »
Probably 3 or 4.

Sounds a good deal then. I could probably stretch to 2 shares if I get my brother to sell up some property in Sydney we share ownership in.

Noosa shire biggest pack greeny iceholes to deal with

How will the new Noosa council planning scheme that commences in July effect potential development of this property. The scheme appears to be a regression to the green days.

Nomad I'm guessing you are with R/W commercial? I was looking around at factory units up the coast. The R/W page has some options.

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2018, 05:53:05 PM »
Hey Rags,

Come on up for a visit. Happy to take you for a drive around it.

With regards to the town plan I doubt that it will change very much from the current plan with regards to Rural Desigantions. IN other parts of the plan we have been working hard and sit on a number of Council lead panels to create better development of existing areas such as Noosaville and Noosa Junction to better service the local business community.

This property has specific approvals relating to the golf course, functions etc. The remainder of the property is an as of right siutation. There are three titles to the property, that could be sold individually or boundary alignments undertaken (STCA) to craete more even lots. 1 of the 3 lots is currently Land for Wildlife, personally I would integrate that with another title and create a third saleable property. The Land for Wildlife section is low lying and undeveloped.

I am one of the Directors of that business, the ugly one with the shaved head that looks like this  ;D

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2018, 10:54:13 AM »
I am one of the Directors of that business, the ugly one with the shaved head that looks like this  ;D

Ohh, & here we were, thinking you were Louisa ;D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2018, 03:59:21 AM »
He only goes by that name when the wig is on and he's out with the boys.....  ;D
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.
The following users thanked this post: Nomad

Offline oldblade

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Porsche it's broken again
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2018, 10:40:55 AM »
We ended up doing what was written in the title of this thread

1hr 45min from home (Sydney) no traffic to get there no freeways
60 acres had a house on it but burnt down (that’s another story to be told around a camp fire)

Has power connected 25 min to the hunter valley tar road to the gate

Our little heaven

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2018, 05:16:06 PM »
Very nice...…
Gorgeous dog too.
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2018, 06:37:57 PM »
We ended up doing what was written in the title of this thread

1hr 45min from home (Sydney) no traffic to get there no freeways
60 acres had a house on it but burnt down (that’s another story to be told around a camp fire)

Has power connected 25 min to the hunter valley tar road to the gate

I am guessing that set you back many multiples of the one I originally posted, looks great though.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 08:04:51 PM by tryagain »

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2018, 07:04:37 PM »
I went and looked at a farm today that was absolutely stunning 600 aces with a large orchard, 20000 trees. It had the required sheds but no house. The owner took me to his camp site. Views from Coolum to Teewah and Lake Cootharaba. Camp site had a 50sqm timber deck with hidden shower and toilet and permanent tent with king size bed, kitchen and 4 bunks. Outdoor had a number of fire pits and burners. I could live in it....without the kids but.