Author Topic: Our new pinnacle.  (Read 3777 times)

Offline robdeb

• Learning the Ropes
Our new pinnacle.
« on: May 29, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
Hi all took delivery of our new pinnacle camper[fully enclosed version] yesterday.Spend today cleaning it [road dust] and seasoning tent and going over it in general.Over all very happy with trailer construction and tent.We do have a couple off issues though. The wrong hitch was fitted.Web site shows a hitchmaster do35 .The trailer has a orac. Will be contacting them tomorrow to sort that out. Water tank has two holes at the top IHF ,any ideas as to what they are for apart from letting water out[leak]lol. We also  have 4 triangular shaped pieces of canvas with velcro, no ideas what to do with them. Maybe someone else does?? Will spend the next week or so doing our mods, pinch weld seals etc. Looking forward to taking it out first time on Liz's birthday long weekend.

Will upload pictures once we have taken some. look forward to seeing you on the road.
Rob and Deb  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:23:52 PM by robdeb »

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
Re: Our new pinnacle.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 07:55:37 PM »
Good luck with the hitch, the DO35 is definitely a better unit. You've checked the paperwork and made sure it wasn't an optional upgrade I presume?

Those holes in the water tank are breathers, that allow you to fill and retrieve water without creating an airlock or vacuum. Ideally they should be plumbed high up nar the filler so that (1) water doesn't slosh out, and (2) so that nothing else gets into the tank.

If you have any doubts about what you've got, in terms of delivered state, clear those up before you go too far with your own mods.

Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline robdeb

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 08:04:16 PM »
Thanks for the water tank info.Paper work does not say anythink about hitch but on their web site and on ebay it showed it with the do35.

Offline areyonga

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 08:08:49 PM »
The triangle pieces of canvas with velcro are usually to put in the gap at the end of the windor awnings so you can leave them open on poles and the rain wont come in the sides, could be wrong but I have them on mine.

Wil
Toyota Landcruiser 200, Olympic Marathon 22.6 van

Offline Lemo79

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 08:11:02 PM »
G'day Robdeb, hope you love the camper. Think you will find the triangle pieces of canvas are for putting along your Annex in wet weather and pegging down with a rope to give the water a place to run off and not pool.

And welcome to Myswag.

Lemo

Offline Lemo79

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 08:13:25 PM »
Just read wills post, are we talking small pieces of canvas or large? Think Will is on the money there if they are large.

Offline Silvo

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The grass is greener where you water it..
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 08:20:11 PM »
holes are definitely breathers.. i had a couple in my water tank, that i sikflexed up and ran a breather up high. before i did that, i was losing half a tank of water before i got to camp..

dan
Dan - 2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE and Lifestyle Camper AT10 EVO

Offline areyonga

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 09:38:17 PM »
Could be either, look at the outside covers on the windows and there will be velcro behind that attaches to the triangles.  I have them on my window over the bed but my daughters CT has them on the large windows the other end of the tent.  Its for wind and privacy bur lets the breeze go through if its hot.

Wil
Toyota Landcruiser 200, Olympic Marathon 22.6 van

Offline robdeb

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 10:29:42 PM »
Canvas could be for windows . Will check it out tomorrow.We also have the small pieces for attaching to the roof to let the rain run off easier

Offline robdeb

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 06:46:27 PM »
New hitches is is on the way and yes the triangle canvas is for the window flaps.Thanks for the help.

Offline GU Rich

• "RED DUST BOUND"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT'S CAMPING.
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 08:41:25 PM »
When I ran my hoses when I fitted my water tank the breather hose was run to the filler, There is another smaller hole that is the breather. When I'm filling it you can hear it gurgle before it shoots out.

Pics of the breather outlets.

These spacers were fitted so the tank would fit snug under the trailer and also leaving plenty of room for the breather hoses to run across to the back of the filler.

Cheers
Rich
IF YOU SEE US OUT AND ABOUT COME AND SAY G'DAY!

FOLLOW ME ON
https://www.instagram.com/offroad_touring/

Offline robdeb

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 08:49:20 PM »
When I ran my hoses when I fitted my water tank the breather hose was run to the filler, There is another smaller hole that is the breather. When I'm filling it you can hear it gurgle before it shoots out.

Pics of the breather outlets.

These spacers were fitted so the tank would fit snug under the trailer and also leaving plenty of room for the breather hoses to run across to the back of the filler.

Cheers
Rich
Thanks gu looks awesome if not alot of work.Planning to run hoses up as high as I can and  put a goose neck with a bit of mesh over the end to stop the critters getting in :cheers: