Author Topic: I'm Having the Worst Year of My Life  (Read 6785 times)

Offline MR MAC GU

• Soft Floor Camper User
I'm Having the Worst Year of My Life
« on: May 07, 2011, 07:13:21 AM »
I don't know how this year is going for everyone else but I have been having a shocker and can't wait to see the end of 2011.

It all started back at Christmas/New Year when we were camped at Fraser Island.

This is my list of issues.

-Busted the zipper on my new camper trailer
-Wife had a car accident
-Wife was injured in accident and is still recovering
-Wife's car was written off
-Wife's car was insured as the wrong model and the payout was crap (still dont know how this happened)
-The home fridge blew up on our 13th wedding anniversary (it was a wedding present)
-Received a $1400 power bill due to the fridge issue.
-My car was broken in to and everything was stolen (about 10k worth of gear and damage)
-The wheel fell off my car a few days after it was broken in to. (I guess they were trying to steal the wheels too)
- Wife found out she has skin cancer and has to have removed.
-On my way home from work last night I was the meat in a 3 car sandwich on the Gateway Motorway.

Plus many other things have gone wrong but these now seem insignificant.

Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket...

Roll on 2012...
"I live with Fear everyday and sometimes She lets me RACE"

The Motley Crew 4x4 and Social Club of Australia inc
www.themotleycrew.com.au

2004 GU Patrol ST Wagon with all the good touring gear.
"Lifted Locked and Loaded"

2010 Kimberley Platinum Extreme with "extras"

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: I'm Having the Worst Year of My Life
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 07:22:56 AM »
Bloody hell Mr Mac that's a lot of crap to deal with. Look on the bright side, it can only get better. If not stay in bed for the rest of the year.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline kiwipete

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 07:31:47 AM »
Bloody hell Mr Mac that's a lot of crap to deal with. Look on the bright side, it can only get better. If not stay in bed for the rest of the year.
X2

But suddenly my Year just got better.... Mr Mac - When you are next in Canberra Look me up and I'll buy you a Beer.....  Roll On 2012
KiwiPete
1991 HDJ80
Explorer Campers & Canvas - Lawson Off Road
http://www.explorercampers.com.au/
Canberra

Offline Silvo

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The grass is greener where you water it..
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 07:34:17 AM »
wow.. that is terrible.. when i first looked at the list size it thought there may be little things on it..

i'll be another to buy you a beer if we meet up.

dan
Dan - 2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE and Lifestyle Camper AT10 EVO

Offline Gunna Do

• "To Infinity and Beyond"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 07:38:37 AM »
Seven out of your eleven major issues have involved motor vehicles.  Perhaps buy a bike and ride that for the rest of the year.  ;D

Only joking, keep your chin up, when this run of bad luck ends, you'll appreciate how good things are when they go smoothly.

Look on the bright side also, it should be at least 13 years until you need another fridge.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:56:41 AM by Gunna Do »

Offline GU_Thomo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 07:42:23 AM »
What a way to start the year ??? ??? ???
You must have killed a litter of black cats and destroyed a mirror factory to cop all that.
It has got to get better from here.

GOOD LUCK

Parry

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 07:56:02 AM »
Things are bad but they could be worse . You here to tell of bad tidings & that's got to be the up side . Always look at the Bright side of Life , When your chewing on life's Grissel , give a little whistle & remember that the last laugh is on you .
I hope that helps a bit  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline AKB

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 08:53:28 AM »
Wow I'm sorry to hear that, hope your wife recovers soon and your luck changes

Offline Duchess

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "Its not as hard as you think, you know."
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 11:03:13 AM »
Things are bad but they could be worse .

Speewa is on the money. There is always someone worse off than you and even me.

When I was the age you are now (about 4 years ago) I was widowed...now that was a sh*t year but things are on the up. So yep, there is always a brighter side too...

"I've got one job on this ship. It's stupid but I'm going to do it!"

www.duchessandthedukeontour.blogspot.com.au

Offline dno

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcome to gods country
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 11:46:58 AM »
In times like these its important to look after each other and your health, the rest is just financial inconvenience that will be overcome. I am lucky enough to be now working for about the next 12 months to pay for an accident i had durring the floods over Christmas. Yer dosen't matter how it looks, could have always been worse. 
Chin up.
dno.

"The first half of our lives are ruined by our parents  and the second half by our children."

Clarence Day

http://www.youtube.com/user/67dno/videos

Offline morgue

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 01:11:24 PM »
Damn, that Chinaman, must have hated your gutz and you should not have kicked that black cat whilst you were walking under the ladder, then tiped over the mirror on the wall and smashed it.

Eventhough you feel lower than a snakes armpit and you are smelling the BO, eventually you will come out the other side the light will be shining and things will be smelling like roses...now to start off.

Grab the clan, depending on space at your joint, outside, dig a little pit, throw on some wood and have an outside fire.
Roll up some spuds in foil and put them in the coals, whack some sour cream on them, then sit back in your camping chair, sip the ale / wine and gaze up at the stars  (you might have trouble with the light of Brisbane)...but it's the thought that will count.

Tommorrow is a new day.

Offline gibbo301

• Still doing it in my Aussie Swag
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 01:25:52 PM »
Well there,s not much more to say that has,nt allready been said  :'( just keep your chin up and thing of some good things (their has to be some good things happend this year hopfully)

Gibbo.

Offline POD

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Just get out there!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 04:54:25 PM »
I know it's REALLY difficult to smell the roses when you're up to your eyeballs in cow Shit but, indulge me for just a moment - let's look at the positive things that have happened (in brackets) from the negatives you have stated:

-Busted the zipper on my new camper trailer (hopefully was still under warranty and will be fixed. If not, this isn't REALLY a big thing in the whole scheme of it, is it??)
-Wife had a car accident (see next one)
-Wife was injured in accident and is still recovering (she's alive and SHE's RECOVERING)
-Wife's car was written off (she's alive)
-Wife's car was insured as the wrong model and the payout was crap (still dont know how this happened) (you have learnt to be more careful of these things and I'm sure you checked all of your other policies - find any more"issues" here - bet you did and they're fixed up now. Money is money, your wife is ALIVE)
-The home fridge blew up on our 13th wedding anniversary (it was a wedding present)(so what, fridges come and go and 13 years is a good stint from an electrical appliance, now you have a new beer home)
-Received a $1400 power bill due to the fridge issue. (Ouch, but you have learnt. Be grateful your house didn't burn down due to a short circuit. Then you would have found out the house was under-insured and....)
-My car was broken in to and everything was stolen (about 10k worth of gear and damage) (That's just Shit. Annoying, pain in the arse crap. These arseholes should be strung up. Was it insured, for the correct amount??)
-The wheel fell off my car a few days after it was broken in to. (I guess they were trying to steal the wheels too) (yeah, that's crap too, but you're alive)
- Wife found out she has skin cancer and has to have removed. (I think she's one of the lucky ones to find out now and have it removed before it's too late)
-On my way home from work last night I was the meat in a 3 car sandwich on the Gateway Motorway. (YOU'RE ALIVE - not your fault, the car can be repaired or replaced - YOU'RE ALIVE)

You  think you're having a Shit year - just be thankful you weren't the ones camped down in Mandurah. Or you think things are bad, head into the children's hospital for a day. Now, I know things look bleak but, CHIN UP HAPPY CAMPER AND GET ON WITH IT. OK?

Good luck to your wife and help her through this by being positive and talking about the things you'll do together when it all passes.
"Never trust an internet quote." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rescue1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • D40 Navara [HIS] T31 X-Trail [HERS]
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 06:41:45 PM »
Well for one you made me realise that the past week I had wasn't so bad after all...

Now I'll be up your way sometime next month so if you are still feeling down and need some chearing up I'll drop by with whatever is your favourite drop (just let me know what it is so I can pick it up at duty free on the way back home) and tell you about my dramas.

We will need to finish the entire bottle because given your run of luck at the moment you'd only drop the bloody thing on the valuable rug you've got at your place and it would bounce up and take out your new flat screen TV.....

Now I've probably made you completely depressed and you're thinkinging of just going out to the shed and hanging yourself; don't do it the rope will break and all you'll get is a big bruise on your backside.

Bad times don't break us they make us stronger so the good times seem twice as great.

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 07:06:52 PM »
I still remember the turning point on my worst ever year. Everything was going to crap...found my girl friend  at the time was cheeting, worked in a family business, parents sold it and new owners sacked all family...had to sell my house to find out that the solicitors had stuffed up my divorce years back and had to pay out ex wife again , over twice the value of the house when we divorced just to name a few things..anyhow helping my parents move stuff to a a property at burrem heads...heading back to Brisbane I offered to Tow 1 of the trailers back so randomly grabbed the front one.......a big Hill just before gympie the Ute filled with smoke and the clutch was gone .... I was so pissed could not help family without something going wrong... Then noticed of the choice of 2 trailers randomly I had grabbed a car trailer ....then realized that if I was truely having bad luck I would have grabbed the other trailer....called a mate who's drove out to hook up the trailer with Ute on top.....and life got a lot better after I started looking at the other half of the glass
Sorry about typing ...this is a lot on the mobile phone whilst enjoying a rumbo with my wife and kids in my CT at the beach....crap I didn't pack the rum well life is nearly a lot better
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:15:57 PM by cancan »
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 07:43:16 PM »
look on the bright side....
atleast you still have witty, good looking friends like me to go camping with  :cheers: ;D ;D ;D
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline meimarocu

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 08:51:07 PM »
Mate, Sorry to hear of your pain, hope the wife is better soon.
I to have had a rough 1-2 yrs, and i just try to be a glass is half full
and not let the kids in on the greif.
I use ' could be worse could be living in a 3rd world war torn country"

Stay positive mate.

Cheers Ian.

Offline ehsc

• FIRE EARTH MOON STARS THATS LIVING
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • JUST DO IT
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 09:09:14 PM »
well Mr Mac !

I Though ive had it rough with just so much bad weather hard to make any money, when its been wet for the first 3 mths of this year and last year ,work in agriculture irrigation mainly, can:t do much when wet.

I think you should buy some lotto tickets surly you must be due for some good luck.

All the best  :cheers: ehsc
2017 Isuxu D-max
2003 Jayco Freedom Outback

Offline carinya

• Tent User
  • Nothing $30 million wouldn't fix
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 08:39:44 AM »
I'm gong to stop whinging about having no time to do stuff.
MK Triton Dual Cab.
Cheap gal trailer with some stuff added.

Offline bussoboy

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Wanting to travel before all the roads are sealed
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 12:10:42 PM »
the first 4 months of this year have been crap for us too, but not a patch on whats been dumped on you and your better 1/2.

but we have decieded it was only the first 4 months of crap, the next 4 will be awesome to make up for it.

the first step was paying the deposit on the new camper trailer
2011 GXL 200 Series & 2017 Kokoda Endure 111

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 05:27:40 PM »

Yep could have been lots worse ... you could have logged onto a Knitting Forum by mistake!   ;D

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 07:34:07 PM »
Knit 1 , Pearl 1 Knit 1 , pearl 1
No matter how your hammered in life its just another dint to make you the you that you are . Its for a reason you will come to understand eventully    :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust