Author Topic: buying new camper  (Read 1527 times)

Offline hotfuzz

• Learning the Ropes
buying new camper
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:24:08 PM »
Hi all i am new to the forum and am purchasing a new camper trailer, i have found this forum to be a great help.I thought the customline campers looked good value for my budget. I noticed in an  earlier thread that someone said that while they were happy with their customline there were a few problems , i was wondering what problems people have had with their customline campers.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:39:29 PM by hotfuzz »

Offline craigtempo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • welcome to the party that never ends
Re: customline campers
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 10:43:26 PM »
we ordered ours from the Sydney camping show at rosehill last year .

its a great ct BUT i think ordering from the show puts them under pressure to get out all the show orders quickly .ours got delivered with a few holes in the tent walls and some stitching wasn't finished properly  .there are a few other minnor issues that arnt even worth mentioning as well .the after sales service i thought was fantastic .we simply sent photos of the holes in the tent and they trucked it back up the queensland [ we lived in Sydney at the time ] and fixed it . they also did a few mods to our tent for free.ours just seemed to be rushed through during the build .

i think they are a great base in which to start .they are a great tent and a good trailer . we often have other ct campers come over when where camping and they are impressed with tent and usually p.off when i tell them the price  ;D ;D

we have the 9ft deluxe off road and we love it .

Craig

Offline hotfuzz

• Learning the Ropes
Re: buying new camper
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 10:56:41 PM »
 The value for money seems to be a common theme with the customline ct,s
 Thanks

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
Re: buying new camper
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 06:47:29 AM »
We have an 08 model purchased 2nd hand and found it great as a starter for the money. The key parts I don't like have been fixed on the current model, taller 12ft tent, better spreaderbar positions for annex. Well worth a look in this price bracket
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller