Author Topic: Camplet Camper Trailers and Peugeots  (Read 1894 times)

Offline sdzno

• Learning the Ropes
Camplet Camper Trailers and Peugeots
« on: February 19, 2011, 08:58:07 PM »
Hello I'm new here and I'm in need of assistance please, I have a Peugeot 307 Touring Wagon, with a non braked tow weight of 750kg with a towball weight of 65kg. (We will eventually buy a 4WD but want to start our adventures with our current car, can't quite afford a Landcruiser yet!) I am looking at the Camplet Savanne Off Road camper trailer, due to it's light weight. Is the Camplet going to be suitable for the harsh conditions of the Aussie Outback, will it survive the 4WD tracks once we upgrade our car? Is there anything we should know, good, bad or otherwise about the camplet? We are also looking at a Customline Camper Trailer? Any suggestions or advice would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:02:29 PM by sdzno »

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Camplet Camper Trailers and Peugeots
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 09:08:33 PM »
Hi sdzno and welcome to myswag.

Looking at the Camplet website I think it would be ok for your Peugeot but does not look suitable for serious off road.

The Customline would probably be a better choice.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline sdzno

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 09:15:02 PM »
Thanks! We too thought it looked a little on the, how can i say, not so sturdy side, but looks can be deceiving. It's so hard to know when there are so many options out there and they all say they can do exactly what we want. But can they is the question we're trying to answer. Thanks again!

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 09:59:33 PM »
Gday sdzno and welcome to My Swag, as D4D said the customline would be a far better option and would see you right for a long time into the future :cheers:
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback