Author Topic: 2011 JAYCO BROCHURE  (Read 10387 times)

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
2011 JAYCO BROCHURE
« on: February 16, 2011, 08:36:13 PM »
Jayco have finally updated their website with new brochures;

Happy reading swaggers

Mark

http://www.jayco.com.au/#/Products/Camper_Trailers/Nav_1_e/Brochure

mcbadger

Offline oldblade

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Porsche it's broken again
Re: 2011 JAYCO BROCHURE
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 09:15:07 PM »
Thank you my swan just lost a couple of k in value

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 09:20:18 PM »
Do Jayco's lose value???

Looking at second hand options at the moment and it almost seemd more worth while to buy new.
mcbadger

Offline oldblade

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:28:30 PM »
Talk to me in a month after our trip you may be able to get a 08 swan with all the toys including independent suspension for a reasonable price

Offline Nutto

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Burning desire to camp.....
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 10:06:35 PM »
First impressions: (from a 2010 run-out owner  ;D )
Jury still out on that front boot....Hope you can still get a 6" PVC tube under it  ???

very light colour timber interior - similar to the look from around 2001. Really, I think I prefer the interior timber look of mine (a bit darker), but that always going to be subjective....
The new fabric colours introduced are horrendous. The best ones are the 2 carry over ones.
The tent looks like the 2005-06 models.
The door seems to be an improvement (wonder if they seal the door vent properly now (see my eariler post on this...)  )

As I collected my 2010 model last month and it's first registered in 2011, I did get the free 3 year roadside assist (for what it's worth)
 :cheers:

Offline Nutto

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Burning desire to camp.....
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 10:13:02 PM »
Do Jayco's lose value???

Looking at second hand options at the moment and it almost seemd more worth while to buy new.

Picked my Hawk O/B up last month for $23.5k. (bagged flys etc, pole carrier, racks)  ;D  That's why I went new, and feel good about the prices of 2nd hand ones now  >:D
Place I got mine from still has a 2010 Swan O/B for &25.5k I think  ???

Variflex

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 11:34:37 AM »
I stopped in at Jayco on Monday to have a look at the new range, I only inspected the Outback model, I love the new colour scheme but not sure on the design of the wheel arch flares (only cosmetic I know)
From looking at the Outback i am confident you can fit a good pole carrier or two on the drawbar under the nose cone.
I'm not a fan of the new nose cone, seems a little limiting and difficult to access when the bed is out.

The interior looks great, in all it's not a bad package and good to see that jayco are making slight changes, would hate to see them stand still

Cheers
Darren

Offline NewcastleKnight

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 11:46:18 AM »
For those who have seen them is the roof now fibreglass?  Also I notice in the accessories they have a fold down table available, I wonder whether they will fit on the old model Jayco's?  The after market ones I have seen won't fit.

Offline swillo5

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 12:50:26 PM »
NK, the roof is now fibreglass and it is all one piece/seemless.  IMHO it is one of the key improvements of the new model.  They other key improvements are drop jacks as standard on outback models and new door system.

Other changes are colours (they were going for a more "outback" look with the 'burnt orange'), style and the boot.  The boot includes the gas cylinders now and is much deeper.  We measured it and no issue with pole holders under the boot.  In fact they fit snugly under the boot and dont sit in front of it as with current model.

The interior colours are actually really smart looking.  The brochure doesnt do it justice.

I agree that the wheel arches will take a bit of getting used to but all in all I think the changes are a good move forward and if faced with a choice I would go the 2011 model.  Thats a moot point anyway beacuse unless you want standard floor stock with no factory fitted extras you dont have a choice of models.

Offline oldblade

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 02:17:02 PM »
I like the one piece roof after ours had a leak that would never happen with a one piece

The door take it or leave it
The front boot if it can hold 2 9kg gas bottles it's a winner

Good to see then updating

I'd love to see a hard roof over the beds like the expanda I am not sure how I'm not an engineer

Offline Bushman

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Apprentice Grey Nomad"
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »
For those who have seen them is the roof now fibreglass?  Also I notice in the accessories they have a fold down table available, I wonder whether they will fit on the old model Jayco's?  The after market ones I have seen won't fit.

Marc you should be able to fit one of those fold down table no problem as long as you have a flat area on the sided big enough.
09 Pajero NT  RX Limited  (SOLD)
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback  (SOLD)
2019 Trailblazer LTZ (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (SOLD)
2021 Pajero Sport GLX
2020 Vacationer Roadtracker.

R.I.P "MILO"  The Border Collie 2008-2018
Forever in our hearts 🐾🐾

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 04:10:07 PM »
The fold down tables were an option in the 2010 brochure
mcbadger

Offline NewcastleKnight

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 07:48:04 AM »
Ok they did not have them in 2009, or at least the dealer did not tell me about them...will have to check them out.  I have looked at the aftermarket ones at the shows but the height of them would not fit on the available space on my Jayco.