Author Topic: extras on 2011 Jayco Swan Outback and 'flaw' in 2011 model  (Read 6606 times)

Offline swillo5

• Sleeping Bag User
extras on 2011 Jayco Swan Outback and 'flaw' in 2011 model
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:47:54 AM »
HI All,

I am new to the world of camper trialers (or will be when I get the new swan outback in April) and new to myswag.  there is some seriously helpful info on here.

We ordered the new 2011 model 'blind' having not seen any brochures or anything and we are getting the following add ons:

Bag Fly (Coolibah I think)
Innerspring mattress for Queen bed
100amp battery
DVD/CD
shelves in wardrobe
extra gas bottle and holder
extra 82L water tank
roof racks
pole holder
Hot water service with outdoor shower
....and we added a rear door to the annex

We were thinking of getting (but havent yet orderd) the following:

control panel with battery and water tank level indicator
swing away jockey wheel

has anyone got any views on these items?  are they a must have?  Any word from anyone who got them or didnt get them and reckons they should have would be appreciated.

Also, we went and saw the 2011 model at the local dealer yesterday.  The gas bottle holders have been taken off the draw bar and  put in the boot.  They did it to make the boot larger (it comes out to where the gas bottle holders would have been).  The boot is now deeper but the trade off is you have 2 gas bottles in there.  The result is you proablay end up with about the same amount of space in the boot as the 2010 model.

The other effect of it is that you have to open the boot lid all the way up to get the 9kg bottles in an out and you cant open the boot completely with the beds out.  The result is that with the beds out you cannot open the boot lid high enough to get the gas bottles out.  Unless they alter it slightly and cut the boot away a little more anyone with a 2011 modell will have to push the bed over the draw bar in every time you want to get you gas bottles out to refill.  Two 9kg gas bottles is a lot of gas so it might only matter if you are away for more than 2 weeks but still it is a bit of a design flaw.

Offline richee

• Tent User
Re: extras on 2011 Jayco Swan Outback and 'flaw' in 2011 model
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:56:18 AM »
Gidday swillo5

Welcome and some nice options on your Swan, you will love the hotwater and shower  :cup:.

control panel with battery and water tank level indicator - wish I had this added to our Eagle
swing away jockey wheel - our dealer would not fit one of these, didnt really ask why

Richard

2007 NS DiD GLX Pajero
2010 Jayco Eagle

Offline theflyingbadger

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »
control panel with battery and water tank level indicator

do it. we've got it in the Hawk, very handy. Also worth noting that for jayco to fit one costs barely more than the cheapest you can buy the unit for alone.
Jon

CRD TD42TI Patrol - Ultimate Xtrk TBD

Offline Nutto

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Burning desire to camp.....
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 10:22:30 AM »
Re the swing up jockey wheel, i asked about this when I picked my 2010 runout model Hawk last month.
The reason they don't do these (as I was informed) is that the swing up wheel pin that the wheel rotates up on , is not deemed strong enough or robust enough to support the weight of the camper at the front.   I tend to agree that the swing ups are not as sturdy in the long term.

:cheers:
Nutto

Offline Bushman

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Apprentice Grey Nomad"
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 01:52:06 PM »
You wont regret getting the Hot Water System and shower they are great, I'm not a fan of the Swing-up Jocky wheel, while it is convenient to always have it where is required. the ground you park on is not always level and more offen than not you can't swing the wheel down to its locked postion, there for having to use a jack under the drawerbar to lift it enough.

control panel for battery and tanks is good too.
09 Pajero NT  RX Limited  (SOLD)
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback  (SOLD)
2019 Trailblazer LTZ (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (SOLD)
2021 Pajero Sport GLX
2020 Vacationer Roadtracker.

R.I.P "MILO"  The Border Collie 2008-2018
Forever in our hearts 🐾🐾