Author Topic: lifestyle breakaway ultra - no standard bunk option (special request only)  (Read 4351 times)

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
hi all,

thought this may be of interest to some, in the same boat as us...

we had the lifestyle breakaway ultra (with bunk bed option) at the top of our new camper list...

appears as though they don't do the breakaway with bunks now, only the standard lounge option...

https://www.lifestylecampertrailers.com.au/our-range/breakaway-ultra/floorplans/

looks like the iconn has moved to the top of our list... unless we find a good bunk-optioned ultra second-hand...

i still prefer the lifestyle campers (ultra and iconn) to the modcon hybrid...

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 12:15:21 PM by paceman »

Offline brettk

• Tent User
Re: lifestyle breakaway ultra - no bunk option
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 11:08:21 AM »
It still has the bunk layout  as an option on the website

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: lifestyle breakaway ultra - no bunk option
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 11:55:37 AM »
It still has the bunk layout  as an option on the website

unless i am blind, the link i included in my original post shows only one layout available, for the ultra...

the iconn has multiple layouts, but it appears as though the ultra no longer does.

i'm trying to get a hold of them to confirm or deny, but no-one answers... 'just leave a message'...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 12:06:22 PM by paceman »

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
the plot thickens...

just spoke with a sales rep at lifestyle qld...

she said that the ultra is still available with bunks, but only as a special request (not a standard option as before)... this will also affect delivery times, she said...

they removed the option from the website as it's not a standard layout option any more...

she also mentioned that if you want bunks, they strongly recommend moving to the iconn, because the bunks were bigger and that was based on a fair bit of feedback from ultra users...

so, i've changed the thread title...  interesting marketing move to remove it from the website as a standard layout option... :)

Offline brettk

• Tent User
What's the price of the icon?

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
So, the Iconn is 3 grand dearer, plus you still have to option the bunks.

I'm pretty happy with the Ultra and I would still have it over the Iconn because it suits us better !
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
So, the Iconn is 3 grand dearer, plus you still have to option the bunks.

I'm pretty happy with the Ultra and I would still have it over the Iconn because it suits us better !

do you have bunks? 

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Is the Icon the one, that when you have bunk beds in it you have to have the fridge sitting outside the camper so someone can come along and steal it?
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
Is the Icon the one, that when you have bunk beds in it you have to have the fridge sitting outside the camper so someone can come along and steal it?

it's the same setup as the ultra... you can slide it in, if you wish, just means moving the bottom bunk mattress and bedding...

not sure what the issue is... we have our fridge outside in our current soft floor all day and night when we camp...

yes, someone might steal it, but then they might also steal everything else at our camp as well...  i'm not interested in packing up everything (kitchen, chairs, solar), every time we go out for the day... 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 03:23:45 PM by paceman »

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
We don’t pack chairs and other such stuff up, but do padlock the hatch shut that contains a over $1500 fridge in it. Yes it’s not hard to break into that if you really wanted to, but it stops opportunistic thieves that steal expensive items, and i’ve read of numerous fridges stolen over the years by such grubs.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
We don’t pack chairs and other such stuff up, but do padlock the hatch shut that contains a over $1500 fridge in it. Yes it’s not hard to break into that if you really wanted to, but it stops opportunistic thieves that steal expensive items, and i’ve read of numerous fridges stolen over the years by such grubs.

I just use a bit of stainless cable looped around the trailer and the fridge...

I can’t really afford the bigger trailers that allow for bunks and for internal fridgenstorage, so this will just have to do... if and when it happens...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 06:28:15 PM by paceman »

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
do you have bunks?

No, I have a seat and inside upright fridge..

With a starting price of 26k, add a few extras.....extra batt, upright fridge,240 power pack, Rego, delivery to Sydney dealer.....full price was 32k
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
No, I have a seat and inside upright fridge..

With a starting price of 26k, add a few extras.....extra batt, upright fridge,240 power pack, Rego, delivery to Sydney dealer.....full price was 32k

OK...

Was mainly looking to provide some info to those specifically looking at the bunk option, such as myself...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline swinnyy

• Learning the Ropes
We have the 2018 model with bunks and had a look at the Iconn recently. The Iconn is slightly wider than the ultra, so this is a bonus for older kids. Jump on the Lifestyle owners group on Facebook, there are people who have modifications to allow a bunk to be setup on top of the dinette layout etc.
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline Lance Milne

• Learning the Ropes
I am a new member to the group, but I thought I would let you know that yes they are still making the breakaway with bunks. I ordered mine on July and it will be ready mid October. Going to check out the factory and trailers this weekend.
The following users thanked this post: paceman