General > General Discussion

Which Hardfloor Camper for a family of 4?

(1/3) > >>

Craig.td42:
Hi,

I'm in the market for another camper. I am wanting a hard floor camper with quick setup, i am thinking of an Aussie Swag camper but am undecided.

Could possible go for a Camprite, just undecided. Just thinking of storage and sleeping areas for the kids, value for money and weather to buy second hand or new.

I would appreciate any words of wisdom.

thanks

Craig

Kit_e_kat9:

Check out my Tech Tip:  http://www.campertrailers.org/buying_the_right_camper.htm.  This is how we decided on ours.  We don't have kids, but bunks would work ok in an AS.  There is always the option of the kids room as well.

Kit_e

kiva:
Exactly our situation. We have two little ones (three and seventeen months) and needed to put them somewhere. For us, the best option was from Ultimate. The kids can sleep in an "under bed room" that attaches under the flip out area. The other option is that the internal couch transforms into a bed and the kids can sleep "top-and-tail" thus avoiding the setup of the under bed room. If the kids are still very young then they can also sleep in the king size bed, or perhaps one parent with two kids in the king bed and the other parent on the single bed. We typically have the oldest upstairs on the single bed and bubs in the under bed room. For a quick overnighter which avoids setting up the under bed room I'll sleep on the single with everyone else on the king.

We also looked at the Camprite and they are a wonderful piece of kit and also had a place for the kids. However the missus loved the idea of a king size bed that is in an Ultimate and we both figured that our little ones will migrate outside to swags/tents when they are a bit older. As such, the two single beds on the Camprite wouldn't get much use after a while.

As for storage, there is quite a bit. The nose cone is quite large and inside there are cupboards under the kitchen. The cushions for the couch/single bed lift up to reveal more storage areas and there are the external storage lockers as well.

Good luck with your research!

LC:
There was a discussion recently about kmiberley's and Aussie swags - here is the link

http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=9031.0

BigJules:
There would  be little debate that Cub have the most internal space in the hard floor category, though perhaps not as fancy or possibly even as durable as those others you mention.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version