Author Topic: Christmas Trip  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Onion

• Tent User
    • Open-AudIT
Christmas Trip
« on: December 29, 2016, 02:16:20 PM »
We headed down south to the Outlaws and then on to my parents place. Hooked up the Trackabout and away we went. Travelled near 1,500 km and didn't have a single issue with the trailer. I'm so glad we bit the bullet and spent a bit more than we planned to. It's second hand, but god damn it's like new! We got some wind at Nambucca Heads (my parents tell me it won't let up of late). I made sure the ropes and pegs were well sorted and even to 40 km/h it was sitting solid. Combine that with the last time we went with pretty solid rain (remember that severe Brisbane storm in early December) and we're pretty bloody happy it'll stand up to just about anything.

The Christmas present this year was a Waeco. Now all I need is a solar panel. And maybe a boat rack and tropical roof and.... oh god the mods! The Missus is even floating the idea of a real 4WD!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 02:23:33 PM by Onion »
Trackabout owner.

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
Re: Christmas Trip
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 02:24:46 PM »
Well done mate, the Traccky's are a quality bit of gear.

Just as well there are Birthdays, Wedding Anniversary's, Kids B/days etc so you can get all the mods done!!

Hem
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Christmas Trip
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 03:10:49 PM »
Looks fantastic and glad you had fun