Author Topic: Part Two - All 4 Adventure  (Read 23621 times)

Offline bodgie

• Tent User
Re: Part Two - All 4 Adventure
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2014, 07:04:46 PM »
Of course they could. There was a copy of 4wd action in between them.  ;D

So there is a practical use for a 4WD Action mag ;)

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2014, 07:11:19 PM »
Just wondering how these 2 x L/C's would fit in that other thread (s) recently about GVM.
Easy to see why he tipped it over so easily.
Good stuff though, even the wife liked it.
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2014, 07:36:20 PM »
Just wondering how these 2 x L/C's would fit in that other thread (s) recently about GVM.
Easy to see why he tipped it over so easily.
Good stuff though, even the wife liked it.

One vehicle is the 200s landcruiser that has been cut and extended so would be engineered to be registered in its new configuration. Not sure about the other Factory L/Cruiser dual Cab

Offline Pirate_Pete

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2014, 09:04:16 PM »
Just looked at their web site.

"JASON'S TRUCK
2013 Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series
4.2 tonne"

"SIMON'S TRUCK
2013 Toyota Landcruiser 79 Series
3.8 tonne"

It doesn't say how they were up rated without watching the videos.

Offline crykies

• Tent User
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2014, 10:05:52 PM »
I dunno what some of yas are having a whinge about. Lol. I love the show and have been watching it since they started with no sponsors etc.

Was on fraser at xmas time and caught up with jase n his family and what you see happened was a accident that wasnt staged. Mind you if you have all been watching the bog at the creek pulling the noat out took them 4 hrs to get out from. Lol

Anyway love the show nothing better at the moment And you couldnt meet
A nicer guy.

Here is all on fraser. Me. Mum. My 2 kids. N jase. Just south of ngkala rocks.
www.beachloversleds.com.au

Offline broncos11

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2014, 11:26:47 AM »
I've watch this show from the very first episode and love it. I think Jason is a pretty genuine bloke. I've actually emailed him a few times with questions and he's always promptly answered back. Im always very admiring of people who have had the balls and foresight to turn their passion/hobby into their job. Very jealous

Dave
2003 IFS V8 100 series

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »
What ever happened to Rodo?
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline broncos11

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2014, 12:01:39 PM »
What ever happened to Rodo?

I'm pretty sure work commitments halted him as the show wasn't his full time gig.
2003 IFS V8 100 series

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »
I'm pretty sure work commitments halted him as the show wasn't his full time gig.

Thanks god that high pitched bogan voice use to drive me mad
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline tropicbird54

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Yay! CT owner at last!
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2014, 02:48:59 PM »
Ran into these guy's a couple of years ago at Beagle Bay church north of Broome. We pulled up and the two 4wd's were there one towing the big boat and the other towing the quad bikes we went into the church and watched them do their filming.
Talking to them they said they had been filming a series on Cape Leveque.
What really surprised us was that there was no big film crew there was only the two of then and one cameraman.

Offline scoot

• Tent User
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2014, 05:01:51 PM »
I've seen them at magazine dos. They do a great job with limited resources. Definitely could not afford to lose a vehicle. My favourite show of this type by far.

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2014, 09:52:06 AM »
Regretfully there is no one out there that does these trips without the fanfare and pushing their sponsors gear.

The Malcolm Doulgas, Les Hiddens, Leyland Bros etc that we all grew up with I cant recall pushing their sponsors to the extent they do today. The shows back then were all about the country side and places they visited.

I suppose we have to live with it if we want to watch today's concept of adventure.

Mark

I just watched the full episode involving the roll over recovery.........these guys barely pushed any of their sponsors if at all. sure the camera was position well at times i.e. when he was cooking he mentioned his set up with two fridges, you could see they were waecos but he didn't mention waeco once.........the same when they mention the side bars protected the car in the roll over I don't recall them mentioning TJM at all

if they stick to their guns and not over do the sponsors than they have my vote

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2014, 10:08:58 AM »
I do not think it was staged, if it was jason and simon are genuine emmy award winning actors, and are wasted on this show, watch it again and pay particular attention to the body language facial expressions, and the post incident adrenaline dump  that Jason is trying very hard to fight off as his body, tries to expel the massive dump . 

They admit staging the shot but the rest was real in my opinion. I also don,t think they push sponsors that hard, they talk about the gear as it comes up ,

when he talked about fridges he simply said he liked to use the one big fridge and one smaller one , instated of

"as you can see here when simon and I are off the track we rely only on the best equip possible and in line with that we have this weaco cx80 12/24v fridge freezer with is low power consumption and state of the art compressor it is the market leader in fridges out here" ect ect  or words to that effect.

In fact most of us prob push the merits of our choices in equip more than these guys, and we actually paid for our gear .. ??? ???

I like em , and esp their   respect for those airman who died protecting our great nation in ww2..

bit rough with the no shoes and sun safety thing, but honestly they are the not cancer council ambassadors, until i see them red raw and peeling then i will take they are able to manage themselves and thither sun safety.

Jet ;D ;D

opps....sorry we are on the same page

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2014, 10:12:54 AM »
Just looked at their web site.

"JASON'S TRUCK
2013 Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series
4.2 tonne"

"SIMON'S TRUCK
2013 Toyota Landcruiser 79 Series
3.8 tonne"

It doesn't say how they were up rated without watching the videos.

the off the shelf upgrades don't come anywhere near covering the weight of Jason's rig.....I actually wonder if you could ever get a 200 engineers to 4.2T

Simon's truck is only a bees dick over

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2014, 10:32:12 AM »
the off the shelf upgrades don't come anywhere near covering the weight of Jason's rig.....I actually wonder if you could ever get a 200 engineers to 4.2T

Simon's truck is only a bees dick over

The 200s Jason drives having a chassis cut and extension and the removal of the rear wagon section to create an extended dual cab would require an engineers certification ,so one would assume that part of that process would include an evaluation of the suspension, body and chassis to arrive at an approved gvm.

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2014, 10:43:54 AM »
The 200s Jason drives having a chassis cut and extension and the removal of the rear wagon section to create an extended dual cab would require an engineers certification ,so one would assume that part of that process would include an evaluation of the suspension, body and chassis to arrive at an approved gvm.

Yep and given a standard wagon can be upgraded to 3800 couldn't see why a modded, cut 200 couldn't be rated to 4200kg
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2014, 10:48:02 AM »
I just watched the full episode involving the roll over recovery.........these guys barely pushed any of their sponsors if at all. sure the camera was position well at times i.e. when he was cooking he mentioned his set up with two fridges, you could see they were waecos but he didn't mention waeco once.........the same when they mention the side bars protected the car in the roll over I don't recall them mentioning TJM at all

if they stick to their guns and not over do the sponsors than they have my vote

Yeah notice the same thing, a gentle plug for their sponsors is certainly not going to hurt. As long as they don't go don't the Pat Callinan route. I realize these guys need to pay for the show  but I get sick of the ads in Pats show. Also it gets a bit hard to swallow when last season Icom and pirrelli were the chosen ones now it's Cooper and GME. 
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2014, 11:05:47 AM »
Are but then again he was taught by the Ego Mainicle Group on how to promote sponsors ...LOL.
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "