Author Topic: Trek Bwana info please  (Read 1598 times)

Offline LuckyDog

• Soft Floor Camper User
Trek Bwana info please
« on: January 02, 2015, 09:30:24 AM »
Hi Swaggers, just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Trek Bwana trailers?

Looking at getting one that's slightly damaged to repair and pass onto the stepdaughter for her first camper.
looking at these as they seem light enough for her to tow with a Suzuki

Thanks in advance

LD

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:43:41 AM by LuckyDog »
2016 Landcruiser GXL SC with Obieco Canopy
Kedron 2002 XC poptop
Don't use either as much as i like,
Would every Day be too much to ask tho?

Offline HuskyInAuz

• Swag User
Re: Trek Bwana info please
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:13:03 PM »
I bought the shell of a Trek Bwana in late June '14 to make into a "CSU", Camping Support Unit.  Installed a Huntsman 1600mm SS kitchen (POS btw), 58L under-slung water tank, MSA large refrigerator slide, installed various 12vdc points and then built up the front pod as the power pack.  2x120ah Fusion AGM batteries, 12vdc 3 way switch, fuses, 1000w inverter, 30ah charger, 30a solar regulator and then a 100 w soft panel PV. 

We stored the tent, SI mattresses, Weber, portapotti, and 2.5M square canopy, 80L Waeco and other stuff.  Probably loaded more than the normal CT would have been.  We towed it 7800 klms to FNQ and back didn't know it was there.  The only problem was I drove to fast for the tyres the previous owner had put on, blew one out just north of Moree on return.

It works fine for blacktop and semi-off road, slipper springs and sleeping on the ground is why we are looking to upgrade to something else.  I'll resize some pictures and post.
"Pressure makes diamonds" -- George S. Patton

2004 Nissan Patrol 4.2TD way too many mods, wish I had it here.. Dodge does okay though

2007 Dodge RAM 3500 Laramie DRW (6.7LCummins  / 6sp Allison)