Author Topic: Camping & COVID19  (Read 18369 times)

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Camping & COVID19
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2020, 09:34:27 AM »
Would rather a couple of weeks of pain than 6-12 months of unpredictability..

Unfortunately, I think that may be what we're all looking at it, if not longer ??? :'(

Reading a comment yesterday from somebody official, that suggested 12 - 18 months! :'(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline MrCruza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2020, 11:32:35 AM »
Going camping for 6 days with a bunch from the Mitsubishi 4WD club. Private property about 40K SE of Tenterfield, about 20Ks from the nearest phone reception. Will be good to get away from all this bad news for a few days.
Cheers, John.

'12 Cruiser
2020 NextGen Blackline

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »
Crazy amounts of caravans and campertrailers on the freeway this morning... i mean 50+ spread out along heading in different directions
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2020, 12:05:01 PM »
Crazy amounts of caravans and campertrailers on the freeway this morning... i mean 50+ spread out along heading in different directions

Taking advantage of early school holidays I guess.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2020, 01:04:07 PM »
Im currently half way thru a two week in office stint. Great as no one around (University, classes are online).

I then do the two week at home stint leading up to Easter, when i then go on two weeks leave. If things work out ,and local covid transmission hasnt become a thing down here  we still plan to hitch up the camper and head away.

I then come back to work and go straight onto another two weeks at home session......  i wonder if fhey would twig onto the possibility that i might be doing it remotely away from home at some spot with reasonable connectivity.  All i would  need to take along extra would be a couple of work shirts and a green sheet for the fake office backdrop whist attending meetings remotely via Zoom......

Anyway, either way I wont see my desk for 6 weeks .

:cheers:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 01:06:42 PM by Mace »
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2020, 01:33:54 PM »
we have been going Gordon Country the past few years. They have a statement on thier homepage saying still opened (at this point in time), but a few changes in place. At this point in time we are kind of still planning on going, will prepare like we are, but TBH, not convinced we will actually do it

At this stage the indication seems to be that the Easter camping can proceed, HOWEVER we will be implementing the following policy. This policy is subject to change pending developments over the coming weeks:

1. To reduce risk and the use of shared facilities we are asking that campers make arrangements to be self sufficient. Please make arrangements to obtain a portages loo and shower. Shared facilities will remain open but guests will use at their own risk.
2. Extra cleaning of the shared facilities will be rostered.
3. NO ONSIGHT BOOKINGS will be taken – all guests must prebook and bring with them their booking confirmation emails that details the nights and no of guests. The reason for this policy is to minimise face to face bookings and handling of cash as well as being able to monitor and manage the exact number of people onsight.
4. Follow government policies – if you have travelled, are at risk of having been exposed or are experiencing flu or COVID19 symptoms please do not come. Staff reserve the right to refuse entry.
5. We will be issuing extended credits of 9months to guests who wish to postpone their Easter camping due to COVID19. These postponements must be requested in writing on email.
6. We will be restricting sites and directing campers to particular areas. We will aim to the best of our ability to look after bookings made first in time. This is not our usual policy but these are extreme times and we need to consider the best way to mitigate risk. This will mean that some guests may not receive creek sites. We will be strictly ensuring numbers are limited on any one sight. This may mean some guests are directed to more remote sites and we will be utilising more overflow areas to spread people out.

7. We may yet consider closing the onsight shop. We hope to still provide ice but on a self serve basis. This is not confirmed one way or another at this stage.

We remind guest that we are over 4000acres and the Bush is probably one of the safest ways to self quarantine whilst enjoying a holiday! We are doing our best to balance all the competing considerations and follow government advice.

The above policy will apply to our regular weekends as well.

Cheers

Justin

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Sorry, did i offend you with my Common Sense?
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2020, 01:46:25 PM »
we have been going Gordon Country the past few years. They have a statement on thier homepage saying still opened (at this point in time), but a few changes in place. At this point in time we are kind of still planning on going, will prepare like we are, but TBH, not convinced we will actually do it
Thats why its safer to come join us at Levuka  8)
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/markgu/patrol?fu=5470975

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2020, 01:49:25 PM »
hahaha, ive been trying mate, but the misso still has memories of the mud and flooded camp sites from what was it....maybe 4 years ago.

I keep tellin her the spot Mark has is always dry and constant sun, but she doesnt believe me :)
Cheers

Justin

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2020, 01:51:13 PM »
All i would  need to take along extra would be a couple of work shirts and a green sheet for the fake office backdrop whist attending meetings remotely via Zoom......

Little bit of black inso tape over the camera lens - "Yeah, sorry you can't see me - camera's packed up & I haven't been able to sort a replacement yet" :angel: ;D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2020, 02:01:37 PM »
Im currently half way thru a two week in office stint. Great as no one around (University, classes are online).

I then do the two week at home stint leading up to Easter, when i then go on two weeks leave. If things work out ,and local covid transmission hasnt become a thing down here  we still plan to hitch up the camper and head away.

I then come back to work and go straight onto another two weeks at home session......  i wonder if fhey would twig onto the possibility that i might be doing it remotely away from home at some spot with reasonable connectivity.  All i would  need to take along extra would be a couple of work shirts and a green sheet for the fake office backdrop whist attending meetings remotely via Zoom......

Anyway, either way I wont see my desk for 6 weeks .

:cheers:

Zoom Corporate (which is what we use at Uni) has a green screen option... I can't remember how to set it up, but you can do it...

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2020, 02:23:01 PM »
hahaha, ive been trying mate, but the misso still has memories of the mud and flooded camp sites from what was it....maybe 4 years ago.

I keep tellin her the spot Mark has is always dry and constant sun, but she doesnt believe me :)
we havent had rain since you guys were last there  :D :D
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

3rd time lucky

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2020, 04:11:02 PM »
Booked Teewah Beach for the first week of the school holidays which leads into Easter. Glad I did. Just checked the Qld Nat Parks website and they are now restricting camping permit numbers. I understand the reasoning,  but it sort of stands on its head when you consider that we are  told to stay home, and  we have  far greater density of people per square kilometer here than could ever achieve camping at Teewah, even at full capacity.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2020, 04:32:20 PM »
Thats why its safer to come join us at Levuka  8)
You can guarantee that  ???
How many people pack into Levuka at Easter, couple of hundred ???
Nice one.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2020, 05:19:31 PM »
You can guarantee that  ???
How many people pack into Levuka at Easter, couple of hundred ???
Nice one.
So Jon, have you been in contact with the owner of Levuka?
I'de say not.
He has been given authority by the health department that because of the limited amount of campers( which is controlled by council regulation all year round) and in such a big area ( 120 acres) to be able to open the gates to Levuka at Easter.

Besides, the comment  "Thats why its safer to come join us at Levuka   8) " was just humour shared between JD-120 and myself.It is not a fact that is safer against the Covid-19 virus.

Sheesh.
Take a chill pill and relax.
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

3rd time lucky

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2020, 05:50:11 PM »
Mark, I may be able to pop down for a night. Do I need to book and is it too late?

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2020, 05:54:16 PM »
Mark, I may be able to pop down for a night. Do I need to book and is it too late?

Easter is 3 weeks away...anything can and maybe will change by then. Some are predicting a full country lockdown ?
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2020, 05:56:10 PM »
Everyday this is changing, everyday there is a new requirement, restriction.
Just because the property owner(levuka) has dotted all the i's and crossed the T's now,
Doesn't mean things will not change in the next three weeks for this event,
To believe that is foolish.
Events all around the country are cancelling/closing, pubs, restaurants, FFS our RFS meeting as been postponed until further notice.
Other examples, Presentation night for the Lawrence Rodeo, where we were to give back to the communitty $30 000.00, Cancelled.

Chilled?
Spent the day at Shark Bay, couple of JD's now.

Have a great evening.

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2020, 05:57:31 PM »
Never too late mate.Your welcome at our fire anytime. You know were we are, still in the same spot. see you there  :cheers:
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2020, 06:07:13 PM »
Look Jon, if you dont want to join this My Swag trip at easter then dont concern yourself about it. There is no need to make up people's minds for them,they are able to make up their own minds thank you.
Im only going on what Robert ( Levuka owner) has told me to date and thats why the trip  is still on at this stage.

Hope you understand now.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 06:09:16 PM by MarkGU »
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2020, 06:10:01 PM »
You've quoted me,
And replied within the quote??
Oh,

Edit,
You've edited your reply.
Nice :)

Btw, I am not making other peoples minds up for them.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 06:13:52 PM by Hairs »

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2020, 10:33:17 PM »
Nigel.

Great to speak to you tonight  :cup:
Your right tho..........there still are some great people out there & some that are not so great.
Trick is being around the ones who are great & ignore the ones that arn't  8)

Will be great to catch up again soon.  :cheers:
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

3rd time lucky

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2020, 10:44:16 PM »
Anyone who doubts the friendly & welcoming attitude of myswag needs only to read MarkGU's thread on Levuka Easter 2020
The following users thanked this post: MarkGU

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2020, 10:44:35 AM »
May stop a few events. 

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-australia-live-updates-bondi-beach-closed-spain-deaths-increase/01f9d3d4-f467-4b28-9958-c8c2a8df1bb9

All 'non-essential' travel to be banned: Scott Morrison
By Stuart Marsh11:27
Prime Minister Scott Morrison has recommended all Australians avoid non-essential travel as the government works to contain the outbreak of COVID-19.

"After consulting with premiers and chief ministers overnight, we have decided that we are moving immediately to recommend against all non-essential travel in Australia," said Mr Morrison.

"All non-essential travel should be cancelled.

"Work-related and compassionate grounds, those types of arrangements, is essential but also essential supplies and other important arrangements needed to keep Australia running."
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2020, 10:48:03 AM »
May stop a few events.
all our club events havee been stopped - including all our trips to fire damaged areas out east we had planned....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2020, 10:58:56 AM »
I'll still go camping.....but it will be to a secluded site with no others.  Unless it's like one of those movies where the virus spreads across the nation with the breeze, I'll be safe !!  8) 8)
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra