Author Topic: Cameron Campers  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Sixtys Guy

• Soft Floor Camper User
Cameron Campers
« on: March 13, 2010, 04:42:53 PM »
Had a real good look at these at the Melbourne Caravan Show. The Mrs and I thought it was great. We have gone from a cheap camper trailer to a Jayco Hawk and now are looking to go back to a camper trailer. The Cameron 'Concept' camper goes up and down amazingly easily. The only thing that is holding me back is the price - the one they had there with all the options was close to $30K.  Does anyone here own one that can give me some advice?
2009 Dual Cab Hilux
2009 Southern Cross Canvas Bush Mate

Chester

Re: Cameron Campers
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 02:18:41 PM »
Had a good look at the Cameron at the Adelaide C&C show. They look like a great design with excellent quality but the price is just way out of our leauge. The new concept system reminds me of the way the OZ tent works applied to a CT. Also like the way the bed is oreientated Nth/Sth on a side fold CT.

Would love to be able to take the plunge especially being from Adelaide but we are leaning towards the Tambo from Melb as it is sooo much cheaper and I'll just have to grin and bear the extra setup time etc.

Would also love to hear from a CC owner.

Cheers,

Chester

Offline Sixtys Guy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 02:50:18 PM »
The wife loved it at the Melbourne show and she doesn't even like camper trailers. She wants the Jayco sold and our money invested into one of these. But I'm in the same boat as you. $$$ It's out of our league. We had a good look at it and the bare trailer and tent is $13K alone and $25K with all the options we want ($30K with all the fruit). I priced up an Outback Campers Birdsville with (almost) all the fruit and that was around $14K. The one thing we really like about the Cameron (apart from the bed orienatation, the superquick tent setup & the multi purpose cover) was the attached kids room that can be left on when folding it up. Anyone know of any other camper trailers that have this feature? Outback has to be zipped on and off each setup time. Johnnos have one, but it comes off the awning, not much use when you don't put the awning up.
2009 Dual Cab Hilux

Offline Johnno convert

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 06:43:47 PM »
Does anyone know how much just the tent cost on one of the concepts?

Offline Sixtys Guy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 07:41:06 PM »
I'm not sure if you could just buy the tent. The tent is integrated into the trailer. Give them a call.......
2009 Dual Cab Hilux

Offline Johnno convert

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 10:53:46 AM »
cameron will not sell the tent separately, tried them on that :(

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »
cameron will not sell the tent separately, tried them on that :(

Try Central Coast Canvas, he will put his tent on any trailer you want.

Baz.
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline Johnno convert

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:02:05 AM »
I think that we liked the idea of the concept camper, but not the price of the outfit