Author Topic: 'Daily Rant Thread' 2015  (Read 561734 times)

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
Re: 'Daily Rant Thread'
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »
Hairs, you say it's a new NBN tower & then they talk about switching over - has NBN or anyone else advised that you can now get access to NBN?
My ISP is Exetel.
I've had a few problems over the 10 years or so I have been with them. Pulled them up a few times on their(Telstra's) BS, and our connection improved.
Yes, doing a NBN search address shows that we can access NBN.
An ISP Agent(Good Mate) has also said we can.
Next week I will churn to the NBN, see how that works out.
 8)
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2015, 06:51:35 AM »
That's good to hear - hopefully your problems are over?

Bit strange that nobody has been in touch with you though? My understanding from reading other forums is that when NBN becomes available in an area, NBN Co advise you that it's now ready to go, so contact someone off this list of ISPs to sort out a new plan & transferring across, & you've got to do it within 18 months from now, because that's when the existing copper lines will be switched off at the exchange - if you haven't moved by then, you lose everything - phone, internet, fax, alarm ... Be interesting to find out how far down the 18 mths you are, & how long ago you could have switched?

Good luck!

:cheers:
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2015, 12:32:09 PM »
Rant 1

Why do Arnotts bother putting the break line in salada biscuits if it will not follow the line

Rant 2

Concrete poured at 32mpa should hit its strength a lot quicker than it has, costing us a fortune at the moment waiting for it to hit strength

GG

scarpsD40

'Daily Rant Thread'
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2015, 01:02:34 PM »
Rant 1

Why do Arnotts bother putting the break line in salada biscuits if it will not follow the line

Rant 2

Concrete poured at 32mpa should hit its strength a lot quicker than it has, costing us a fortune at the moment waiting for it to hit strength

GG
lol........sitting here reading this and thinking of my tradie son and his mate having this conversation. One would say to the other, you need to harden the **** up. In this case, just not sure which one, or both;D

No offence GG, just a funny read

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2015, 01:28:25 PM »
Just atm I am seriously p1ssed off  >:( >:( I have absolutely nothing else to rant about  >:D >:D >:D >:D
I'll give ya 5 mins >:D
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2015, 01:56:03 PM »

GG
I remember when doing a major commercial project that we had to take 3 test cylinders every 3rd truck of concrete. 1st was tested at 7 days & was expected to be a minimum of 90% of specified strength, if it didn't measure up, the concrete company was sent a please explain. The 2nd cylinder was cracked at 14 days at which it was supposed to be 95%±. The final test was done at 28 days at which point the concrete had to have achieved its rated strength, if it didnt then the preceding & subsequent loads weren't paid for until a test came up to scratch. You can imagine the cost impliactions to a concrete company so most test cylinders achieved the desired MPa at 14 days. Most of them are 40MPa+, i found cos its cheaper to add a 100kg of cement when mixing it. In all the tests & loads out of about 800m³ i only ever had one fail & only by 1.5MPa. The architect & engineers gave the supplier a pass, because i had records of placement & could determine the location of the placed concrete & was accepted as non critical.

Unless your going to load the concrete with 5x its capacity  & it was poured within the last 3 days, why would you be waiting. Sounds like someone is bullShitting you about delays  ;D
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Artie01

• Tent User
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2015, 03:11:24 PM »
Really? I mean Really????? 2am in a UK airport motel..the fire alarm goes off, everyone outside...... smoke up the fire escape.....2 hours later allowed back inside, flight leaves at 6...really????

On checkout (and no sleep), I ask the guys on the counter what was the fire about? Fire sir? What fire?

This one dickhead....

Much calmer 2 hours later as I was leaving to catch a plane.....sleep? wazzat?

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2015, 03:52:15 PM »
Rant 1
GG

x 1000000   >:D

grrrrrr
You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2015, 04:09:16 PM »

Rant 1

Thats to give us something concrete to rant about....... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Tracker.
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2015, 04:47:21 PM »

Its like a serving suggestion .... this is what it could look like but in reality no where near it
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2015, 05:48:26 PM »
Rant 1

Rant 2

GG

Here is one for you that relates to both your rants.
Why does concrete crack everywhere except the expansion joints or the saw cut relief lines

scarpsD40

« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2015, 05:54:26 PM »
Same with chocolate, never breaks on the mold lines. Reckon they're just there so there's less chocolate needed.
Chocolate companies that don't use the mold lines, always have thinner chocolate.....just sayin

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2015, 06:00:27 PM »
Yea, these give me the Shits!
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline Jackdawg

• Swag User
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2015, 07:27:00 PM »
Rant 1

Rant 2

GG

Some boofhead probably added more water, or you got ripped off. Concrete should hit strength real easy in the current weather!

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2015, 07:47:48 PM »
I'll give ya 5 mins >:D

Thinking, thinking, thinking, nup, oh hang on, yep, I've run out of bottles for you know what   >:D >:D ;D ;D ;D
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2015, 07:50:51 PM »

Rant 2

GG

wait for the next 4 or 5 truck pour, distract the drivers and chuck in a litre of diesel into the aggie  or a shovel of fly ash  >:D >:D

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

scarpsD40

'Daily Rant Thread'
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2015, 08:21:15 PM »
Thinking, thinking, thinking, nup, oh hang on, yep, I've run out of bottles for you know what   >:D >:D ;D ;D ;D
my rant is when I reply to your pm with a pm of my own and with all your advanced linux and IT guru knowledge, you clearly haven't seen that you have mail and read it yet
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:39:04 PM by scarpsD40 »

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2015, 09:23:03 PM »
my rant is when I reply to your pm with a pm of my own and with all your advanced linux and IT guru knowledge, you clearly haven't seen that you have mail and read it yet
Oh yes I did

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"
The following users thanked this post: GregP

scarpsD40

« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »

Oh yes I did
lol.....check my reply

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2015, 10:00:47 PM »
lol.....check my reply

Am I forgiven  :-*

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

scarpsD40

« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2015, 10:11:04 PM »

Am I forgiven  :-*
could never be upset at you Keith ;D

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2015, 04:24:16 AM »
Fibber
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline mickmac42

• Swag User
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2015, 11:30:20 PM »
1. The climate change rally in Sydney. They closed of a big section of the city so that a bunch of people could walk down the streets. What the hell did this accomplish? I had caught a taxi from the airport and was trying to get to Circular Quay, but ended up getting stuck in a traffic snarl of people trying to get into or around the city. My 30 minute trip became an hour long trip. Combine that with all the other cars, trucks and buses, and that's not helping their climate change cause. What did they accomplish by walking around in the city that they couldn't have done in the Domain, where they started from (and left a bit of litter by the looks of it as i drove past... twice).

2. Inconsiderate people at the train station. Having given up on getting through the city, i jumped out and caught a train from St James to Circular Quay. My wife and i were the only ones getting off our carriage but we were confronted with a wall of people about 10 deep waiting to get onto the train. Many of them seemed to have been involved in the climate change rally. I was under the impression that people on the platform should allow the disembarking passengers to get off the train before trying to get on. I stood in the doorway of the train, taking up most of the doorway as i'm a pretty big boy and was carrying all my bags, waiting for a path to clear. Everyone just looked at me as though i was inconveniencing them by not getting out of the way. I ended up just wading into the crowd, using my forearms to shove people out of the way so i could carve a path for my wife to follow. All it would have taken was for the people directly in front of the door to take one step away and i would have had a clear path. The fact that i was able to push them out of the way shows that they were both capable of moving away, and unwilling to take even one step. What the hell is wrong with people?!?
Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2015, 07:27:46 AM »
People have the right to voice their opinions, but they need to be mindful of other people and how they affect them.  I do not know what they achieved doing a sit-in at our parliament yesterday.  Felt sorry for the security staff that had to carry them out of our building.  And what was the go with one standing up and doing the haka!  :-\   Perhaps go back to your parliament and do it there.  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2015, 10:00:09 AM »
People have the right to voice their opinions, but they need to be mindful of other people and how they affect them.  I do not know what they achieved doing a sit-in at our parliament yesterday.  Felt sorry for the security staff that had to carry them out of our building.  And what was the go with one standing up and doing the haka!  :-\   Perhaps go back to your parliament and do it there.  Kevin

I am quite convinced that many of those muppets that go and these demonstrations would'nt have a clue or even care about what the protest is about. It's obvious that most of them don't have jobs or they would'nt have the time to demonstrate during working hours and as long as it does'nt interupt with their dole collection time they are quite happy to inconvenience everybody else. As for the "Haka" that does'nt belong here and has no place in front of our parliament. >:( >:(