Author Topic: Our 1st ever show & Thank You  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Sundiesel

• Learning the Ropes
Our 1st ever show & Thank You
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:23:22 AM »
My wife, Sandy, and I went to our 1st ever 4x4 & Camping show in Queanbeyan last weekend.
Wow, what an event. Although it was damned hot, we were like mice in a cheese factory.
Being new to this CT thing, were were looking at the lower end of the market. But this didn't stop us from looking at the top end though and what we saw was pretty mind blowing stuff.
We had a good long look at both Johnno's and Camel Campers. Both had stands with very helpful folk in attendance and Sandy and I left them feeling pretty well educated. We were also disappointed in one of the bigger, well known manufacturers build quality not being as good as we expected.
We found that some of the little guys have much better, value for money, deals than the bigger guys.....generally.
From what I'd learned from lurking on these pages for the past month or so, I felt I was fairly well  up to speed when I got there and used that information as a guide in learning more. So to those folk who offered me advice by answering my posts and to those others who did so without knowing it, Thank You.
Cheers,
Rob

Offline bobnrob

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Our 1st ever show & Thank You
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:59:53 AM »
My wife, Sandy, and I went to our 1st ever 4x4 & Camping show in Queanbeyan last weekend.
Wow, what an event. Although it was damned hot, we were like mice in a cheese factory.

Your 1st mistake was going to the show Rob
Your 2nd mistake was enjoying it...   ;D

We've been to a few now over the years, and I still feel like a kid in a lolly shop each time I go  lol
My wife gets affected leading up to them as well...she starts saying NO! all the time, like she has tourettes or something, can't quite put my finger in it   :-\   ;D
Bob and Robyn

Offline Brumbypt

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Trailers, trailers, trailers, trailers..
Re: Our 1st ever show & Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 12:20:11 PM »
THere nothin wrong with looking at the top of the range items when you are only going to buy the basic unit.
I do it all the time, its great for research and to see what you are missing out on. Some times you can see some things that you really like and then get them put on your basic unit, either before or after you buy it.
Or you forget about the basic unit and then upgrade a little.

for example the thickness of canvas, electric pump on the kitchen, or something else..

Peter,
iPad with IOS 7.0.4 using Tapatalk HD
1993 80 series landcruiser