Author Topic: New Hybrid Camper - Condamine Campers  (Read 19896 times)

Offline luxabout

• Soft Floor Camper User
New Hybrid Camper - Condamine Campers
« on: August 16, 2016, 11:54:09 PM »
Hi Swaggers,

I've been away from the forum for a long time - I decided to follow my dreams and start building campers for a living!

My business partner John and I have spent the last 2 years designing and building our ultimate camper, and have just launched at the Toowoomba Caravan Show.

We are very proud to introduce to you the Condamine Campers - Hybrid!

We have added everything a camper should have as standard.

We use the Vehicle Components Twin Shock 2.6T Coil suspension with 4 x General Grabber AT2 tyres and CSA mags under a fully welded, hot dipped, 150x50x3mm chassis.

A stainless steel kitchen with 3 burner smev stove and smev sink is complemented by an extensive slide out pantry, workbench, and storage shelves. An MSA dropdown slides allows easy access to the CFX-65 Waeco (included).

We run 400w of Solar, 3 x 100ah AGM batteries, Projecta 25A charger, Projecta DC/DC and solar regulator, full 240V install and LED lights throughout. Where possible, all electrical components are Narva.

The rear door folds down to provide a sleeping space for 2 full size stretchers (included), or provide an internal dining area. A queen size pillow top, innerspring mattress provides plenty of comfort on extended trips. Two cupboards provide ample storage for clothes.

A full shower and cassette toilet is accessible from the inside of the camper at normal floor height, making it easy to have a shower or use the toilet during the night. A Webasto diesel heater and hot water system ensure you can camp all year long with a temperature controlled cabin and continuous hot water.

The roof is lifted automatically by 4 electric actuators operated by remote control. A 7.5m x 3m awning provides ample space under cover for the whole family to stay dry. An extensive side hatch allows the room to store all the "stuff" we take, and a nice area to store the Weber too.

We designed the camper to be the same width and height as Prado or Hilux sized vehicles. Weighing only 1300kg, you don't need a 200 series to pull it!

John and I build them near Jimboomba on the south side of Brisbane using plenty of local experts and companies

We have 3 campers ready to go - one in Pearl White and two in Metallic Silver. Our all inclusive price with all of the above features and more is $64,990.

We'd love to do a deal for a fellow swagger so if you're interested, please give me (Bryan Wain) a call on 0421 117 807. We would also be interested to hear your thoughts and welcome any suggestions :)

Cheers,
Bryan & John

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Re: New Hybrid Camper - Condamine Campers
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 12:05:04 AM »
Interesting design with some great features.

For me personally I require more hard walls as whatever we buy in the near future needs more storage and less setup time as I would like to pull up with hop straight in. If it rains I dont have any wet canvas to worry about. Plus also need air con  ;D

In regards to the price, again its only my personal opinion, its up there with the hard wall hybrids.

The big plus I see is the light weight. What is the tare and gtm and also how many water tanks.

Mark

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:08:37 AM by McGirr »
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia
The following users thanked this post: simpilot

CokeBottle

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 05:48:47 AM »
Firstly, congratulations. You have a great looking design which appears to be unique to the market.

I like the look of the kitchen area.  Some nice innovations there.  Pity I didn't know you would be at the Toowoomba camping show or I would have popped up to have a first hand look.

Some things look a bit fiddly to set up but I can see that you are trying to cater to the family market whereas most other hybrids are designed for couples, so again well done with the design.  However we are just a couple so a question, can you delete the drop down rear door/floor and rear room?  As a couple we wouldn't need that space and it would eliminate a lot of canvas and reduce setup times.  The rear cupboards look great, plenty of space, and I assume would remain if the rear room was deleted?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 05:50:19 AM by CokeBottle »

Offline woolgoolgaoffroad

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Hardfloor
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 08:10:53 AM »
looks great, congrats
Kev

http://woolgoolgaoffroad.blogspot.com.au
Landcruiser + Ultra Breakaway
The following users thanked this post: oldmate

Offline trngia

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 08:54:56 AM »
Looks amazing. Would be great to see a setup video.

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 11:15:06 AM »
 :cup: well done mate looks great, I will have to check one out in the flesh one day. Do you have a set up video as yet?
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline The punter

• "avoiding grey nomads since 2011"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 12:15:39 PM »
Nice!
13 FJ Cruiser
15 Lifestyle Reconn
1980 HJ45

UIZ733

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 06:19:56 PM »
Congratulations on what appears to be a very well thought out product. Full credit for pursuing your dreams.

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 02:45:15 PM »
Definitely enough points of difference there to prick a few ears. Well done, very nice design.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 10:55:28 PM »
Congratulations. ...   love your innovations; and what appears to be a unit dripping with quality  ...   but just a Q -  is there some sort of manual cranking system for the roof;  (like what the Travelander has) - should the electrics fail?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline luxabout

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 11:10:25 PM »
Thanks everyone for the comments so far. It's great to see the feedback is all positive! :)

We are going to do a few videos in the coming weeks.

CokeBottle - We had an overwhelming number of people ask that question at the show! There are a few options for the rear room. If it's not needed at all, it can be replaced with a solid wall. Alternatively the rear fold can stay but does not need to be setup if you don't need the space. A simple canvas modification will allow the rear wall to seal with the door shut. Because the roof is on actuators, the setup time without the rear room would be just a few minutes!

McGirr - the tare on the compliance plate is 1400kg - we overrate it to be on the safe side and allow for customisations. ATM is 2T. We include a 125L water tank as standard, but can do an option of 2 X 90l tanks - but will affect the ball weight.

Basecamp - if one of the actuators fail, the other 3 can support the roof. The shaft can be manually turned to detach it from the roof. They can lift 250kg each and our roof is only approx. 70kg.

Cheers,
Bryan

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 08:31:28 PM »
Looks good but you now need to update your signature at the side and bottom showing the "old camper and HiLux"

Offline Straydog76

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 07:28:31 PM »
looks great , i would like to see it in person . The price is just way out of reach of the average family so you have limited your market to a very small percentage of the 4wd/camping community .

Offline luxabout

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 07:48:19 AM »
Hi Straydog,

Thanks for your feedback on the price. You make a good point, and I certainly agree with you.

I suppose there are always different people in different markets... there are plenty of other manufacturers selling campers in and above our price range at the moment.

We have designed and spec'd a version with less inclusions which would be around the $55k mark.

Cheers,
Bryan

Offline hempo

• Tent User
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 11:23:01 AM »
Bryan that looks excellent.  Really like the kitchen set up there plus the quality looks very impressive.

The unique shape of the side doors look to give plenty of shade without having to set up the awning.  Question though - what is the height from the ground once the kitchen door is open?  Is it okay for people over 6 foot tall?

Cheers
2016 Holden Colorado LS Cab Chassis with 2011 Jimboomba Condamine Camper Trailer

Offline luxabout

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 01:08:45 PM »
They sure do give plenty of protection from the sun and rain. We run a sealed Centreflex hinge too so that water doesn't come through when it's open.

I don't have an exact height with me at the moment, but I am 6 foot and there is plenty of room above my head :D

Offline luxabout

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2016, 09:32:54 PM »
Thought I'd share an article written by Caravan & Camping Sales - not sure about being called a 'nerd'!

http://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/editorial/news/2016/computer-nerds-design-unique-camper-57583

We are going to be at the Cleveland Caravan & Camping show on Friday - Sunday, 23rd-25th of September 2016.

If you're heading to the show, make sure you stop by and say g'day!

Offline rodsswag

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Always dreamed it, now living it!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 08:09:03 PM »
Looks great mate,
Another fantastic Aussie product.

:cheers:

Rod...........
Swag
Coramal Caravan

Offline luxabout

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 08:21:14 PM »
We are going to be at the 2017 Moreton Bay Caravan, Camping, Boating and 4×4 Expo on the 17th to the 19th of February.

Full details are at: http://bayexpo.com.au/

Feel free to pop in and say hi and let us know you're a Myswag member :)

Offline torsion

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2017, 10:29:30 AM »
Hope to see you guys down in NSW shows some day hey.
Second the point about price........ sure your strategic minds can cut costs some how - $65k is targeting the grey nomad market.
Patent it mate, before the parasite Aussie/Chinese business germs copy ya.

Offline luxabout

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 09:46:21 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Torsion. We are in the process of "restructuring" our pricing model to start with a basic version that can be spec'd up with extras.

We would like to come down to NSW shows, but we aren't allowed to without a dealer in NSW. The industry body has wrapped up the market and are trying to stop Qlders from exhibiting south of the border.

We are delivering a camper to Ballarat next week, so if anyone between Brisbane and Melbourne would like to see the camper we might be able to come to you for a private viewing! :)

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 09:25:12 AM »
Checked your trailer out on the weekend and must say they looked great..

defiantly on my short list when ready to upgrade.. :cheers:
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281
The following users thanked this post: luxabout