Author Topic: Which Roads in Queensland ?  (Read 13264 times)

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Which Roads in Queensland ?
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2019, 12:25:36 PM »
You will be pleased to know that the Queensland Department for Wildlife have just released scientific proof that crocodiles in Queensland are actually vegetarians.  Years of research can,t be wrong.  Let all your Southern friends know of this breakthrough research and encourage them to swim in any waterhole, sea, pool, river or billabong they want to.

On behalf of all Queenslanders we welcome you all to enjoy our waterways to your hearts content.....

WTF? Maybe that's why crocs always say can I have fries with that.

:angel:
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2019, 02:14:24 PM »
But back on topic......
That cranky old bugger that drove up from the freezer must have crossed the border by now, so we can bring those night time temps back up to double digits again.... :P

Nope, I'm still herein Queensland, borderline weather 1 day, crap the next, talk about false advertising  ::) ::) ::)
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2019, 06:25:38 PM »
Nope, I'm still herein Queensland, borderline weather 1 day, crap the next, talk about false advertising  ::) ::) ::)

hahaha....she,s bloody freezing in Cairns as well. couple of mornings of single digit numbers...brrr :D
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2019, 08:19:49 PM »
hahaha....she,s bloody freezing in Cairns as well. couple of mornings of single digit numbers...brrr :D

Must be this global warming thing   ???

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline jclures

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2019, 09:23:12 PM »
I am in Cairns now, I can tell you it is not cold, it is just the lowlanders on the coast complaining.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:06:04 PM by jclures »

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2019, 07:10:21 AM »
I in Cairns now, i can tell you it is not cold, it is just the lowlanders on the coast complaning.

Its cold alright...now bugger off back up to the cold country and feed your penguins!!!
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline BC66

• Tent User
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2019, 07:13:32 AM »
Feels like -2.7 where I live in Qld.
Too many Mexicans up here freezing the place. Go Home !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2019, 08:04:24 AM »

Mexicans.... Go Home !!!

I fixed ya post for you.... no need to thank me, just send me money.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2019, 08:13:57 AM »
I'd be checking temps just over the border in the death zone before whinging about QLD. Jesus punished the Glenn Innes Philistines with -9.2 c yesterday. Feel free to head South again.

Offline BC66

• Tent User
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2019, 10:55:29 AM »
Safely arrived in Gympie this morning , as usual Mexicans driving slow in the right lane grrr

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2019, 02:14:45 PM »
Which roads in QLD....Hopefully ones that the Rubbernecked,  cant merge,  dont have a clue, its all about me, I will do what ever I want and we will slow four lanes of National highway to a stop start traffic jam  crawl for a 100 km's and P*ss interstate visitors off,  arnt on ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2019, 07:25:25 PM »
I fixed ya post for you.... no need to thank me, just send me money.

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2019, 04:34:04 PM »
With the July edition of dash cam Australia due out any day, a certain Mexican wobbly box owner is bound to appear in several places holding up traffic at 80kph, doing u turns in stupid places and generally, just being hopeless on Qld roads.

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2019, 08:31:18 PM »
With the July edition of dash cam Australia due out any day, a certain Mexican wobbly box owner is bound to appear in several places holding up traffic at 80kph, doing u turns in stupid places and generally, just being on hopeless Qld roads.

Fixed it for you Jeepers  :-*

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2019, 04:00:40 AM »
ffffhhhttt, our roads are some of the best in the world. Look at India for example.

Offline BC66

• Tent User
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2019, 12:30:40 PM »
Our roads would be better with out P platers and Commodore ute’s on them.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2019, 09:39:26 PM »
I would just like someone to explain when travelling on the M1 through the Gold Coast from say the Smith Street Exit to the Palm Beach Exit why traffic on the inside lane comes to a complete halt, while the other lanes of traffic are still moving?  There should be no reason for the inside lane to be that affected by those wishing to merge onto the M1.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2019, 10:32:25 AM »
Drove down the M1 from Burleigh to Currumbin yesterday lunchtime.

Joined it at Reedy Creek & it's at a crawl (30 - 40 kph, occasionally stopping altogether :'().

Get to the back of Palm Beach, go under the 19th Ave overpass, & floor it to accelerate up to the 100k limit as the traffic all disappears in front of us.

Why ???

There was absolutely no reason for anybody to be crawling - no accidents, no breakdowns, no cops, nothing ... ???
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2019, 10:41:52 AM »
That Goldy traffic is a reason i never visit the place....it's 45 minutes down the road on a good run and I haven't been to Surfers or anywhere around that Goldy region in a long long time.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2019, 01:51:54 PM »
That Goldy traffic is a reason i never visit the place....it's 45 minutes down the road on a good run and I haven't been to Surfers or anywhere around that Goldy region in a long long time.

To be fair, people who live on the Gold Coast  don't go to Surfers either, I remember a conversation at a work function years ago and the average would have been 5+yrs since people had been there. Comparatively, when I moved up from Sydney I marveled at the lack of traffic, it has got worse since then but still isn't even close to what Sydney was 10yrs ago.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2019, 06:13:07 PM »
Drove down the M1 from Burleigh to Currumbin yesterday lunchtime.

Joined it at Reedy Creek & it's at a crawl (30 - 40 kph, occasionally stopping altogether :'().

Get to the back of Palm Beach, go under the 19th Ave overpass, & floor it to accelerate up to the 100k limit as the traffic all disappears in front of us.

Why ???

There was absolutely no reason for anybody to be crawling - no accidents, no breakdowns, no cops, nothing ... ???

Do the trip north takes about 20 minutes about midday, the trip back south about mid afternoon and it can take an hour with lots of stopping.  The roadworks is 80 and can slow you down but
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2019, 06:19:58 PM »
To be fair, people who live on the Gold Coast  don't go to Surfers either, I remember a conversation at a work function years ago and the average would have been 5+yrs since people had been there. Comparatively, when I moved up from Sydney I marveled at the lack of traffic, it has got worse since then but still isn't even close to what Sydney was 10yrs ago.
it's not just Surfers for me though, I pretty much avoid the entire Goldy and will head over the border instead if I wanted to go to a beach down that way. I honestly can't recall how many years it's been since I visited a Gold Coast beach, would be 10 - 15 years minimum I'd say....i prefer to go North and park my 4wd on the beach instead,  atleast I don't need to carry anything or walk to the sand, and my fridge is super handy also...lol.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2019, 06:59:50 PM »
it's not just Surfers for me though, I pretty much avoid the entire Goldy and will head over the border instead if I wanted to go to a beach down that way. I honestly can't recall how many years it's been since I visited a Gold Coast beach, would be 10 - 15 years minimum I'd say....i prefer to go North and park my 4wd on the beach instead,  atleast I don't need to carry anything or walk to the sand, and my fridge is super handy also...lol.
Me too. I lived on the goldy in the late 80’s and loved it. Now I get up early to drive past it before all the tatoo’d legends hit the right hand lane with their heads up their arses. We take subbies down there from brissy rather than the inevitable Shitfight with the locals who couldn’t plan a pissup in a brewery much less show up in boots and have a swms in their top pocket.

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2019, 10:08:16 AM »
Oh I love this, even the locals admit they are crap drivers, while us Mexicans just trundle along, minding our own business  :angel: :cheers:   

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2019, 10:58:35 AM »
Oh I love this, even the locals admit they are crap drivers, while us Mexicans just trundle along, minding our own business  :angel: :cheers:

Queenslanders do seem to take the keep left unless overtaking more as a suggestion than a rule

Me too. I lived on the goldy in the late 80’s and loved it. Now I get up early to drive past it before all the tatoo’d legends hit the right hand lane with their heads up their arses. We take subbies down there from brissy rather than the inevitable Shitfight with the locals who couldn’t plan a pissup in a brewery much less show up in boots and have a swms in their top pocket.

I was working on a very high-end residential site a few years back and was surprised at the level of workmanship I was seeing, especially since moving up from Sydney, as the standards here seemed much lower than there. After chatting to the other trades I discovered that literally all on-site at that stage did there trade in Sydney. As the job progressed to the finishing stages, I made it a point to ask about the trades that came onsite and their background, there were a few issues in the later stages of the job, all of them were from people who got there trade here. Thought it was mainly a laid back QLD thing but might just be a GC issue. I also knew some people who built a more modest house here on the GC, after many disappointments they made a point of asking people where they did there trade, if the answer was here then they were immediately ruled out, seemed to serve them well for the remainder of their build.

Can understand heading north from Brissy for beaches, admittedly on long/hot weekends I give the local beaches wide berth due to the hordes that descend down the M1, other times though I find GC traffic much better to deal with than Brisbane, I guess it's a case of better the devil you know than the one you don't.

The following users thanked this post: GBC