Author Topic: AFL 2024  (Read 17525 times)

Offline Bigpickle

• Swag User
Re: AFL 2024
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2024, 09:24:57 PM »
And if you want to thrash Melbourne, you just need a 19 year old with dash.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2024, 05:02:24 PM »
Bloody ripper of a game last night.
:)
16 6 102. The Bloods.
12 16 88. Western Bulldogs.
10 & 1, Best ever start to a season for the Bloods.

You don't use magic to disappear, ya use a 4x4 & Swag.

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Gazza00

• Tent User

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2024, 09:37:50 PM »
the woof is no longer
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2024, 04:10:28 PM »
AFL has a problem when only halfway though the season there were 157 players on the injury list and that's nearly half a playing team each on average. They're burning players up running them like olympic athletes with the added risk of collision injury and it's showing. Lose a few key players and/or run them with a jab and shuffle the team around and we don't know what we're getting week to week. AFL is now a marathon of attrition to see who can roll up in September with a reasonably full hand.

There's talk about about shortening quarters as a response to the obvious trend but the alternative is to go back to the old way of rotating onballers back to the pockets rather than roll on roll off the bench. That definitely slows the game with more one on one contests.
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2024, 12:35:50 PM »
I reckon if he is having issues watching normal games/tackles and having to turn the game off, he wont ever be the same...

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/pretty-traumatic-christian-petracca-cant-watch-footy-after-harrowing-injury/news-story/a91717a772a8d8d580702ed25fb48ae3
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2024, 11:10:07 AM »

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2024, 07:49:43 PM »
Ahahaha,
Collingwood whinging, they sook when they win.
FFS,

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2024, 08:12:38 PM »
Ahahaha,
Collingwood whinging, they sook when they win.
FFS,
makes ya feel all warm inside dont it.... :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2024, 08:16:22 PM »
What did McRae say?
If it was at the MCG it would a 50, every day of the week.
Guess what princess, it was at the SCG.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2024, 08:18:31 PM »
What did McRae say?
If it was at the MCG it would a 50, every day of the week.
Guess what princess, it was at the SCG.
who cares... its season over :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2024, 11:19:58 PM »
I suspect those leading the footy office tipping comp are those who know nothing whatsoever about footy at present although you have to say the draft and salary cap are working to perfection this season-

As the ladder stands, there would be no matches in Melbourne in week one of the finals, were they to start this weekend, with Sydney (first) hosting Geelong (fourth), Port Adelaide (second) hosting GWS (third), the Brisbane Lions (fifth) hosting Hawthorn (eighth), and Fremantle (sixth) hosting the Western Bulldogs (seventh) – a scenario that would see the league’s coffers take a serious hit.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/health/other/blues-sweat-on-curnow-as-injury-crisis-worsens-in-hawk-hammering/ar-AA1oB5R8

And that's the point as maybe the Footy Gods will have to smile on the ultimate winner with the good fortune to have their best team on the park come finals as it only needs a few key player injuries to go from rooster to feather duster at AFL level now. Go Port!  :cup:
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2024, 08:36:33 AM »
I suspect those leading the footy office tipping comp are those who know nothing whatsoever about footy at present although you have to say the draft and salary cap are working to perfection this season-

As the ladder stands, there would be no matches in Melbourne in week one of the finals, were they to start this weekend, with Sydney (first) hosting Geelong (fourth), Port Adelaide (second) hosting GWS (third), the Brisbane Lions (fifth) hosting Hawthorn (eighth), and Fremantle (sixth) hosting the Western Bulldogs (seventh) – a scenario that would see the league’s coffers take a serious hit.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/health/other/blues-sweat-on-curnow-as-injury-crisis-worsens-in-hawk-hammering/ar-AA1oB5R8

With the AFL locked into x amount of games at the MCG, they’ll make the rules up to suit themselves.

And that's the point as maybe the Footy Gods will have to smile on the ultimate winner with the good fortune to have their best team on the park come finals as it only needs a few key player injuries to go from rooster to feather duster at AFL level now. Go Port!  :cup:
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2024, 09:57:01 AM »
Blues have proven once again playing broken players who aren't fully healed will break time and again... Also recruiting broken players doesnt work.

I guess the players have something to do with it saying they are fit and ready to go when they are nowhere near it... Oh well theres always next year...

on the flip side, bumblers lost after siren :D how good does that feel :D

It'll all gets more lop sided once tassie joins the circus... there arent enough top shelf players to go around now...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2024, 10:28:00 PM »
Well that's Sydney top with 2 home finals and 3 weeks rest for any players carrying injury  :cup:

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2024, 10:34:22 PM »
I missed the game, I have to watch it late.
To see how they are traveling.

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2024, 11:24:08 AM »
Basically Essendon showed up and made a game of it early but the Swans showed who were the better team as the game wore on and got the job done. With that win and an unassailable percentage the Swans can afford a loss last game resting any player carrying injury while the rest keep playing finals for positions below them. A good place to be with 2 home finals but with this season it shouldn't surprise if a no fear young side like Hawthorn end up with the cup if the Footy Gods smile on them. That's where key player injuries and shuffling the team around can cruel any side now and the game is getting younger in that regard.

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2024, 03:57:16 PM »
A question for the AFL experts and afficionados-
Why do so many players taking a set shot for goals remove their mouthguard and tuck it in their sock?
A secondary question- Is it important which sock? ie. on their kicking foot or the other?

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2024, 05:24:15 PM »
Why do so many players taking a set shot for goals remove their mouthguard and tuck it in their sock?
A secondary question- Is it important which sock? ie. on their kicking foot or the other?

Never did it in my day of playing.... 

I guess it does allow them to have a couple of deep breaths with their mouth/airway unimpeded by said mouth guard as part of their set up routine...  NFI on which sok tho.

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2024, 07:00:48 PM »

Hmm,
"Why is this so"
Summer Miller.

And the NRL, some of the goal kickers stick their mouth guard in their undies.
What's with that?

Offline jclures

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2024, 08:31:37 PM »

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2024, 10:42:24 AM »

They were talking about this on SEN few months ago.. it appears most players dont even wear one these days.. just seems to be goal kickers
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2024, 12:48:24 PM »
We know the outcome now with 20/20 hindsight and slowing the video down all angles etc etc-
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/other/lloyd-calls-out-ludicrous-bump-rules/vi-AA1pcwhN
but usually in the moment with really obvious to all you get an immediate whistle from the umpire and stop play. Instead it was play on albeit the ball fell to a Crow's player and that could rightly be play on under the rules.

What I found interesting listening to my son and his mates who play local club or near country footy around Adelaide was their take on it. Basically they couldn't rely on a post Byron Pickett antiseptic AFL game and in Izak's position would have to be situationally aware and turn side on early likely forgoing a mark. They both bounce off each other and ouch play on. So really Dan arriving second had a decision to make and he chose wrong. Instead he should have stayed front on arms open to tackle so likely they would both clash heads and get concussion and that's the luck of the modern AFL game being situationally aware.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2024, 06:13:30 PM »
.. and the quality umpiring continues...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home