Author Topic: The Daily Scam Thread  (Read 106300 times)

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
Re: The Daily Scam Thread
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2023, 11:13:13 AM »
LOL!!!
theres one in UK where bloke runs backwards with his motor scooter into the car thats stopped behind him... dude does an olympic gold medal dive onto bonnet - and once he realises she has dash cam he and his "witness" take off into sunset...

Edit: hows the bonnet dive LMAO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnP7-1-W4VQ

Thanks for that... I just spent an hour watching "fake insurance scams" on Youtube... bloody funny though.. :)
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #326 on: May 04, 2023, 11:37:26 AM »
I didn't think of it at the time, but a while back my wife parked at the local supermarket, and while she was sitting in the parked car, the car parked in the spot in front reversed back into her. You can clearly see on the dash cam that my wife was stopped at the time, and hear my missus honking the horn at the sheila in the car in front of her before she hit. My mrs got out and gave the woman a mouthful, and pointed to the dash cam in her car.

I don't know if it was an attempted scam, but there was bugger all damage done to either car, just a scuff on the wife's roo bar. But the woman didn't have her drivers licence on her, and gave a false name and address anyway, as we found out when I googled the address.

Goes to show though, that it does pay to have a dash cam.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #327 on: May 04, 2023, 12:56:13 PM »
Quote from: Troopy_03
Thanks for that... I just spent an hour watching "fake insurance scams" on Youtube... bloody funny though.. :)

the sad thing is people get away with this Shit sometimes when they are so obviously a scam...

Front and rear dash cams for everyone !!!!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Raym

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #328 on: June 28, 2023, 07:34:36 PM »
Woohoo apparently I have won 1.25 mil in Euros. An online lotto with ticket number & serial number It is in the bank just click here it says lol lucky me.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #329 on: January 17, 2024, 02:23:19 PM »
This Shit is soul destroying

Scammers hit Australian Toyota LandCruiser buyer, steal $100,000

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/scammers-hit-australian-toyota-landcruiser-buyer-steal-100000
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home