Author Topic: Stay safe out there  (Read 1453 times)

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
Stay safe out there
« on: January 10, 2019, 08:40:40 PM »
https://www.northerndailyleader.com.au/story/5836233/family-torn-apart-in-deadly-crash-two-recover-in-hospital-update/

We were diverted around this crash soon after it happened. The diversion saw every vehicle travelling the highway sent down a bush track that should be 4WD only for a couple kilometres - we thought the rental motorhome in front of us was a sure bet to lose his air conditioner, and were slightly concerned when he was looking rather close to tipping over right in front of us!

Ok jokes aside, it was a pretty horrible and sobering wake-up call demonstrating how horrifically things can end... While I might joke about the offroad capabilities of a motorhome, what happened on the highway that day was nothing short of tragic. In that section the road is good - it’s not the windy mountain range part of the Oxley Hwy for those who know it! It was the middle of the day. Visibility would be ok, roos wouldn’t be around... so everyone left behind is left scratching their heads about how this poor family came to so much grief that day. None of us armchair experts have any clue unless we were there or know someone who was...

Drive safe. Don’t drive tried. Don’t let yourself be distracted. The road can be a dangerous place. Don’t let it ruin your life, or your family’s... Stay safe guys.
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Stay safe out there
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 08:49:51 PM »
35 years on the road in my old job I came across and saw a few accidents take place, most on country roads where a moments lapse of concentration or the often spoken about micro sleep were the cause
Single vehicle accidents can often be difficult to get your head around as to how they happen until you actually get to speak to someone involved.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru