Author Topic: Another tyre question.  (Read 1367 times)

Offline cetacean

• Soft Floor Camper User
Another tyre question.
« on: May 16, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »
G'day all,
              Don't worry,not going to start another "best ALL-TERRAIN tyre question",but looking at a choice of 2 tyres to replace the BFG'S on my rodeo. Being 245/70/16's my choice of light truck tyres is somewhat limited,but I can get the new Bridgestone 697 LT's in that size for around $250 each. Thing is a mate who happens to be a HANKOOK agent is trying to sell me Hankook Dynapro RF10'S for around the same price or a tad cheaper. Which would you go for ??

Thanks Darryl
Mazda BT50, Trakmaster Sturt X-- Country, Stacer 369 Seasprite

Offline Crockett

• Tent User
Re: Another tyre question.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 02:58:15 AM »
Just to confuse you, Ive got 265 70 16 maxxis 771 Ats on my Rodeo Ute, very similar to the Bridgestone tread, but you can expect longer tread life, I had the Bridgestone for my last set. Ive done 50k on the maxxis and they still have at least 15k left.
And two mates run 265 75 16 maxxis 751 and get about 80 000ks , one has a Rodeo the other a Patrol duel cab, one is on to his second set and has also put them on his wife's Patrol, they live out Toodya way and do 50k+ a year.
The best bit about these tyre is the price, I paid $199 each, one mate paid the same as me and the other paid $239 each
The 75 profile will sometimes just rub on the front mud flap at full lock, but it depends on where it is in the suspension stroke, if that makes sense ???
I'm not mad on maxxis though, they just seem to give good value for money on daily drivers, Ive got BFG KM2s on my touring Patrol, but at $400+ each I ain't driving them on the bitumen unless its to get to the dirt  ;D
Also check your MINIMUM legal load rating on for your Rodeo tyres, all the ones I mentioned are the LTs so way exceed it which is a plus.
Cheers Dave  :cheers:

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Re: Another tyre question.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 04:43:06 AM »

Both are good but I suppose I would go for the 'bridgestone

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia