Author Topic: still reading away  (Read 1303 times)

Offline MarkAus

• Learning the Ropes
still reading away
« on: September 07, 2011, 05:54:51 PM »
Ok, as you can imagine, spent many a late night reading the wealth of info to try to get my "ducks in a row"  in ref to a CT....

Cost will dictate the type at the end of the day and if I can get alot of what id "like" id be chuffed! or we'd (the royal we that is) would be chuffed :)

Space is a must, three children therefore I'm leaning toward a Soft floor CT

Has to have storage space as I don't have much room in my Jeep! in fact it surprising how little space there is in the back so everything must store in the CT. (and important its sealed.. i.e. no dust)

Kitchen, love my kitchen so I do prefer the Stainless pull out versions with Gas and water plumbed in.Also important that its easy to access.

Having said the above, I'm now looking in on the trackabout/Camel or the GIC.....aside from these three then a second hand CT from one of the other manufacturers but as it was pointed out everyone does alot of mods so the actual cost of the second hand doesn't (to me) make sense when you could buy a new unit and enjoy doing the mods over a year or two....

How do you guys rate the CT's which open up? ie the Lid lifts to access the main box for starage?

at the end of the day 10k is the budget so the search continues... :cheers:

Mark

Offline Big Nath

• "hows ya bum for grubs"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
Re: still reading away
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 06:06:12 PM »
Gday Mark, Im in the same boat as you. i recently bought one of these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-ALUMINIUM-OFF-ROAD-Caravan-Camper-Trailer-Tent-NSW-/190569348947?pt=AU_Trailers&hash=item2c5ed17f53

And they are not bad at all. But be advised watch them on ebay and dont just "buy iy now" you will pick it up a lot cheaper.

Cheers!
NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline MarkAus

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 06:50:42 PM »
True but I worry about the quality and bits falling off!. Not easy.....

Offline Big Nath

• "hows ya bum for grubs"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »
I was the same, Mark.

They are worth checking out. if u have 10K, i paid 6k for mine so that leaves u with 4K for repairs.

As long as u know how to use a 19mm cpanner/socket ur set.

Cheers
NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline GU Rich

• "RED DUST BOUND"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT'S CAMPING.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 07:12:48 PM »
What state are you in? I'd be checking out Tommo's Tambo in the classified section. Under 10k, I'm sure that camper would possibily meet your requirements. I have seen his camper plenty of times and it is a good honest camper.

:cheers:
IF YOU SEE US OUT AND ABOUT COME AND SAY G'DAY!

FOLLOW ME ON
https://www.instagram.com/offroad_touring/