Author Topic: Fridge warranty ...  (Read 2723 times)

Offline paulG

• Swag User
  • Work ...the curse of the working class.....
Fridge warranty ...
« on: November 20, 2019, 07:35:58 PM »
I'm not going to post anything negative here ...as per the rules ..but ...if anyone is thinking about buying a Techni-Ice fridge..please contact me!
(Admin , please delete if you feel it necessary...even though this NEEDS to be put out there!)

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Fridge warranty ...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 08:03:48 PM »
Now we’re all in suspense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 08:12:20 PM »
Just keep it factual and as unemotive as possible. There is Australian Consumer Law as well that may be applicable dependant on your situation and could maybe help you out.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 08:31:24 PM »
Quote from: paulG
I'm not going to post anything negative here ...as per the rules ..but ...if anyone is thinking about buying a Techni-Ice fridge..please contact me!
(Admin , please delete if you feel it necessary...even though this NEEDS to be put out there!)
Second time I've read something similar in a week... They only 10 mins from home too :(
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Fullberries

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 07:09:32 PM »
Ive had one for 7 years never missed a beat. Been all over australia with it

Offline Luke_D

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 08:14:21 PM »
I guess this says it all

https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/techniice
The following users thanked this post: Pottsy

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 05:55:45 AM »
Yep...wouldn,t touch em with a 40foot barge pole..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline shakey55

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 06:05:01 AM »
Just read some of the reviews from the link above.

How is this company even still operating.

I wouldn’t touch their products with someone else’s barge pole.

Offline sparksy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 09:55:11 AM »
Quote..  From their customer support.
"Hi Gaz, sincere apologies for the delays you have experienced with our Techniice Signature Ice Boxes. It is our fault, and we are doing our best to increase production capacity to fill orders faster. In the meantime, rest assured a refund is always available. We developed the Signature Series to celebrate our 30th birthday, and showcase Australian Icebox ingenuity. We were keeping up production well, and then they received 3 consecutive "CHOICE RECOMMENDED" awards over time which increased the demand even further, and we increased production accordingly. Meanwhile, across the Tasman, they were awarded New Zealand's best ice box award twice in a row by choice's sister organization "CONSUMER". A short time later they had beaten virtually every ice box in America including America's top selling market leader "Yeti" in independent comparisons. After that we were really struggling to fill orders on time as the coolers are built individually by rotational moulding and hand finished requiring hundreds of skilled staff and lots of moulds. These are a life time cooler and take time to make. Whilst we are happy to accept back orders from customers that are happy to wait, we would rather suggest customers not to order if they need the cooler quickly because we cannot deliver quickly. Again we really appreciate your patience and understanding but we are more than happy to refund if the delay becomes a problem for you.

Kind Regards,
Techniice Customer Support "

At least they are employing "hundreds of staff" 

Offline bkim

• Tent User
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2019, 10:25:59 AM »
Without hijacking the original post, we soon might get to see the difference between Engel and the company referred to in this post regarding warranty issues.

I routinely run my 40 litre combo unit every month for a day or so, started it up Thursday to give it a run, usually start it on 240, let it reach temperature setting (in this case -8) add items to both compartments either frozen or chilled as required to replicate normal operations.

Once system cycles normally, I usually run it from my baintech powertop 100 amp/hr and charge the battery with my solar blankets, to test whole setup on a regular basis.

Was out most of Friday after setting up battery and solar panels, no problem with solar reg showing input at up to 13 amp, when I came home, was surprised to see battery was struggling to get past 13 volts, normally would reach float condition after a couple of hours, initially suspected battery, but after watching fridge realised it is cycling every 3 to 4 minutes which is a huge power drain on battery.

Put the fridge back on 240 and looked at it overnight, the temp is still reaching -8 on freezer side but is continuing to cycle on and off every 3 to 4 minutes, the ambient temp overnight was 24C and with the fridge under the house in a well ventilated area, it would normally run 5 to 6 minutes out of 20 minute period maximum during this time.

Everything sounds normal, compressor runs, internal fan runs, temperature display and on/off switch work OK, behaviour is consistent to a normal domestic fridge or aircon that is low on gas.

This unit is just over 2 years old (but is covered by a 3 year warranty) and is in pristine condition due to my having continuing eye operations and unable to drive at highway speeds and travel this year, I know the contact details for the local Engel rep and will give him a call tomorrow morning, so will see what the feedback is, as said, the unit is run on a regular basis and is in perfect condition regarding any obvious damage and has run perfectly up to this weekend.

Watch this space!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 10:28:01 AM by bkim »

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2019, 10:59:53 AM »
Quote..  From their customer support.
"Hi Gaz, sincere apologies for the delays you have experienced with our Techniice Signature Ice Boxes. It is our fault, and we are doing our best to increase production capacity to fill orders faster. In the meantime, rest assured a refund is always available. We developed the Signature Series to celebrate our 30th birthday, and showcase Australian Icebox ingenuity. We were keeping up production well, and then they received 3 consecutive "CHOICE RECOMMENDED" awards over time which increased the demand even further, and we increased production accordingly. Meanwhile, across the Tasman, they were awarded New Zealand's best ice box award twice in a row by choice's sister organization "CONSUMER". A short time later they had beaten virtually every ice box in America including America's top selling market leader "Yeti" in independent comparisons. After that we were really struggling to fill orders on time as the coolers are built individually by rotational moulding and hand finished requiring hundreds of skilled staff and lots of moulds. These are a life time cooler and take time to make. Whilst we are happy to accept back orders from customers that are happy to wait, we would rather suggest customers not to order if they need the cooler quickly because we cannot deliver quickly. Again we really appreciate your patience and understanding but we are more than happy to refund if the delay becomes a problem for you.

Kind Regards,
Techniice Customer Support "

At least they are employing "hundreds of staff"
Their official Techniice statements list 13 employees in Australia and 35 employees in the USA.

Their parent company “Global National Australia” official statements list 100 employees total.
Take out; managment, sales, administration and distribution staff from those numbers and they are well short of the “100s of skilled staff” they claim are making their products.

I’ve only ever bought their cheap self inflating mattresses (2 for $50 or $80), both of which broke and they denied my warranty claim.
After that I unsubscribed from their relentless emails and forgot that they existed.

Offline saph

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 12:00:50 PM »
Ill only say this on the subject

Remeber their main buissness is dry ice pack's and not car fridges and bags its dry ice packs, sit on their site and watch the little pop ups of people buying stuff alot of it is the dry ice packs that they ship out to alot of places including our defence force for their uses, now yes you can make the argument that the defence forces get tons and tons of spending money (f35 planes anyone?) but that money is so controled its not funny and when they head out to do field operations for training they cant fit a amoured personal carrer with a frigde in a already cramped space so they use dry ice pack instead. So dont bash a company for taking its time or being bad at control when their main buissness is not to normal people, if you want a high quality fridge go a knowen name whos buissness is car fridges.

Offline loanrangie

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2019, 01:07:24 PM »

Remeber their main buissness is dry ice pack's and not car fridges and bags its dry ice packs, sit on their site and watch the little pop ups of people buying stuff alot of it is the dry ice packs that they ship out to alot of places including our defence force for their uses, now yes you can make the argument that the defence forces get tons and tons of spending money (f35 planes anyone?) but that money is so controled its not funny and when they head out to do field operations for training they cant fit a amoured personal carrer with a frigde in a already cramped space so they use dry ice pack instead. So dont bash a company for taking its time or being bad at control when their main buissness is not to normal people, if you want a high quality fridge go a knowen name whos buissness is car fridges.

That has nothing to do with their products or customer service, if they cant sell a decent product then why sell at all. Their poly waeco copy fridges used to be quite good but they have sinced moved to the steel case fridges.
MY08 TDV6 SE D3,
2003 Dingo Offroad Camper Trailer.
1974 Kombi microbus
1958 FC special sedan
1998 Triumph Daytona T595

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
Fridge warranty ...
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2019, 01:30:11 PM »

If you can’t service a particular segment of your market, don’t sell to them without informing them there could be an “X” long waiting time, 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years. To me it’s just bad business on their part.
I don’t have any experience dealing with the company personally so have no idea of the quality of product or actual service provided first hand.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2019, 06:37:15 PM »
Go look at the warehouse, answers a lot LOL :)
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home