Author Topic: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)  (Read 512423 times)

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)
« Reply #1000 on: January 19, 2015, 10:09:33 AM »
Disclaimer, Iam probably better talking about cricket than playing it. But I feel my knowledge is reasonable.

But wtf do they see in Maxwell??? His fielding is outstanding but what a crazy batsmen he is. Is he going to be like another Watto where he is carried because 1 in 10 times he hits a zillion of 3 balls to win the game?  At least Watson has paid his dues for AU even if they are now overdue. But Maxwell?

I see Sth Africa scored 400+ will aB getting the fast ton ever.  We will need to be on our toes for the WC.

he's another watson.  his bowling potential keeps him in the team.

oh and james brayshaw talking him up every chance he gets on national tv...

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1001 on: January 19, 2015, 10:25:41 AM »
I know I don't follow cricket a great deal, so excuse my ignorance, but just who is James Brayshaw, not a cricketing name from any Australian Team I can remember?  He just seems to talk a lot of dribble not unlike some of the others who just talk about how great they are/were.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1002 on: January 19, 2015, 10:27:11 AM »
I know I don't follow cricket a great deal, so excuse my ignorance, but just who is James Brayshaw, not a cricketing name from any Australian Team I can remember?  He just seems to talk a lot of dribble not unlike some of the others who just talk about how great they are/were.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brayshaw

Offline Paul (SA)

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1003 on: January 19, 2015, 10:31:57 AM »
He just goes waaaaaaayyyyy over the top with the superlatives. Every one is a superstar and everything is phenomenal.

I also don't see what they see in Maxwell. He is such a loose cannon and fails more than he succeeds.

It's the X factor that appeals to the selectors.
2014 NW Pajero
2012 Jayco Swift OB

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1004 on: January 19, 2015, 10:38:04 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brayshaw

saw that thought there may have been more to him then that.  Just goes to show
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1005 on: January 19, 2015, 10:38:36 AM »
saw that thought there may have been more to him then that.  Just goes to show

trust me, there's not.  he's a spanner...

Offline Paul (SA)

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1006 on: January 19, 2015, 10:54:33 AM »
What did everyone think of David Warner getting fined for shouting at Rohit to speak English?

I don't condone what he did, but it it's interesting that the Indians can say whatever they like in Hindi and practically get away with it, yet those who speak English get pulled up all the time.

I think it is a tad unfair.

I recall monkeygate when India cried that Singh was speaking in Hindi and not English and therefore did not call Symonds a monkey.

This could open a can of worms.
2014 NW Pajero
2012 Jayco Swift OB

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1007 on: January 19, 2015, 11:03:58 AM »
What did everyone think of David Warner getting fined for shouting at Rohit to speak English?

I don't condone what he did, but it it's interesting that the Indians can say whatever they like in Hindi and practically get away with it, yet those who speak English get pulled up all the time.

I think it is a tad unfair.

I recall monkeygate when India cried that Singh was speaking in Hindi and not English and therefore did not call Symonds a monkey.

This could open a can of worms.

to be honest, i thought it was disgraceful.

warner is on the record only a few weeks ago, taking the high road and saying everyone should tone it down. 

and then today, he comes up with this gem:

"We've just got to keep trying not to cross that line, because we're all about playing cricket the right way."

the right way??  what a f**king joke.

he's a little punk who needs an attitude re-adjustment.

do australians speak indian in india?  i think not.  in the heat of battle, it's no surprise that the indian native language takes precedence.  no excuse for warner.

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1008 on: January 19, 2015, 11:12:19 AM »
Rohit took a run after a throw from Warner was deflected, which as we all know, is against the spirit of the game.
It has been an unwritten law since the game started.
As most of the Australian team have a very basic knowledge of Hindu, I think they may have been discussing that situation.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1009 on: January 19, 2015, 11:17:48 AM »
Rohit took a run after a throw from Warner was deflected, which as we all know, is against the spirit of the game.
It has been an unwritten law since the game started.
As most of the Australian team have a very basic knowledge of Hindu, I think they may have been discussing that situation.

i have no doubt that is what they were discussing... :)

look at the footage.  if you can make out a deflection, you're doing better than me.  at the speed the ball was travelling, if it took a deflection, i would guess that it would be noticeable. 

perhaps haddin should have been a bit better in his backing-up technique, then no run would have eventuated?

as for the spirit of the game, if australia was in the world cup final and had a chance to win the final from a run off a deflection like that, are you suggesting that they wouldn't take it??

australia should start playing 'in the spirit of the game' before complaining about other teams...

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 11:23:18 AM by paceman »

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1010 on: January 19, 2015, 11:26:03 AM »
i have no doubt that is what they were discussing... :)

look at the footage.  if you can make out a deflection, you're doing better than me.  at the speed the ball was travelling, if it took a deflection, i would guess that it would be noticeable. 

perhaps haddin should have been a bit better in his backing-up technique, then no run would have eventuated?

as for the spirit of the game, if australia was in the world cup final and had a chance to win the final from a run off a deflection like that, are you suggesting that they wouldn't take it??

australia should start playing 'in the spirit of the game' before complaining about other teams...

Agreed....I love watching cricket love seeing the Aussies play with passion, but geez we look like a bunch of spoilt brats on the field sometimes, I actually get embarrassed for them. the likes of David Warner need to stop the winging and carry on like school girls and get on with what the do best and play cricket..

Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1011 on: January 19, 2015, 11:27:38 AM »
Agreed....I love watching cricket love seeing the Aussies play with passion, but geez we look like a bunch of spoilt brats on the field sometimes, I actually get embarrassed for them. the likes of David Warner need to stop the winging and carry on like school girls and get on with what the do best and play cricket..

that's the thing that annoys me the most.  we get on our high horse about the spirit of the game, then we have knobs like warner that do this.

perhaps if we started to practice what we preach, then other teams would be more likely to do the same against us.

a bit of banter is great, but this was not banter.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1012 on: January 19, 2015, 11:39:47 AM »
Agreed Warner needs to keep his aggression between the bat and the ball and not his mouth...
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1013 on: January 19, 2015, 11:47:52 AM »
I am not sure why so many hate Warner?  He plays the game with passion and although at the start of his career for playing for Aust I thought he would be a one hit wonder, but now I love to see him bat at his best. The following is a press release about the incident.
Cricket etiquette dictates that batsmen do not run when a throw deflects off their body or bat.
“When I went over to say something to him, he sort of said something in their language and I said, ‘Speak English,’ because, if you’re going to say something, understand that theoretically I cannot speak Hindi,” Warner said on Monday.
“I did the polite thing and asked him to speak English, therefore he did and I can’t repeat what he said.”
A replay supported India’s position that it wasn’t a deflection and, while 28-year-old Warner admitted he made a wrong call, he said he wouldn’t seek out Sharma to apologise.
“I was in the wrong ... I shouldn’t have engaged him,” Warner told Sky Sports Radio.

Yes he should not have said anything, but hey, it was in the heat of the battle and he has been punished.  And I think we all hate it when we are in the company of others who speak in their native language that we do not understand, unless we are in their country of origin. And you must admit, the India players can be a bit touchy and spit the dummy a bit.  :'(
And boy last night there were so many India supporters I thought the game was being played in India.   ;D   Go the Aussie, so far so good.  Kevin

Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline swanny

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lets go Camping......!!!!!!!
« Reply #1014 on: January 19, 2015, 11:53:47 AM »
I kind of disagree, I can remember the Indians for ever coming here and having drama after drama when we play them, were not blameless but a lot of the banter is a product of there arrogance, you only have to look it there standing in world cricket, they think they run the game.

To my mind I don't think what he said was racist at all, simply asking him to use English, prob knowing he was slagging him I guess.

Monkey gate was disgrace, they racially vilified an opposition player in front of a number of other players, and then when they were taken to task over it, decided they were gunna take there bat and ball and head home, which then caused the matter to essentially be swept under the carpet.......

In terms of our manners out there, I think we could do better, but I don't mind seeing them playing hard and fair cricket, and I didn't  see anything untoward with what happened, have your say and get on with it.

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1015 on: January 19, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »
mate I don't hate warner at all I just can't stand they way some of our cricketers carry on while out in the middle, for me it is embarrassing the way we get up in the oppositions faces and you watch the aussies are always spitting venom / sledging at the batters and as soon as one of them bark back they throw a tantrum and take it to the next level..
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline Pog

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Insert personal text here...
OK, Now We Rock at cricket
« Reply #1016 on: January 19, 2015, 01:09:53 PM »
James Brayshaw is a twat, however he did have a reasonable First Class Cricket Career, with an average of 42.5 with the bat, he would probably be getting a look at test selection these days. In is hay day, there were a number of very good test batsmen in Australia, hence, he never broke through.

He is the President of the Kangaroos (AFL Club), and has overseen some pretty big changes off the field during his tenure. I wish he would stick to that, and leave the commentary box.

What it doesn't mention on Wikipedia, is that Glenn Maxwell is not only his Love Child, he is also his Lover...

In regard to Warner, I don't like seeing the sledging and confronations on TV like they are, but I don't want him to stop either.

Asking someone who speaks fluent English to speak it, when in an English speaking country is perfectly acceptable. I would not expect Australians to speak Hidi in India, as everyone knows they cant speak it. We know that most of the Indain Cricket team can speak english.

The Indians give as good as they get, and if anyone thinks they are any less arrogant than the Aussies, then we are watching different teams.
2013 Toyota Prado Altitude & Challenge Outback Deluxe Offroad Camper Trailer.
MY PRADO BUILD

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1017 on: January 19, 2015, 02:08:42 PM »
X2
Funny how he sees himself as a leader though.
Think he's another one listening to his own press.
As aussies we like a larrakin, but also like those with ability to be a little humble
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
« Reply #1018 on: January 19, 2015, 04:33:18 PM »
With a world cup here next month the biggest issue will be how to contain Devilliers and McCullam on the roads we produce IMO. A bloke who hits 149 off 44 balls, reckon the 2 Mitch's are going to have their hands full!!

As for the behaviour on the ground, I just wish the umps would step in and put their foot down and stomp it out. Sit Warner and Kohli and anyone else involved on their a.... when ever they start chirping. Time to play cricket not yap. Get enough yap from the commentators.....

IMO.....
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1019 on: January 19, 2015, 05:22:19 PM »
I just read an article saying that maybe they need red and yellow cards?  Imagine the threat of being sent off!   Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pog

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Insert personal text here...
2013 Toyota Prado Altitude & Challenge Outback Deluxe Offroad Camper Trailer.
MY PRADO BUILD

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1022 on: January 23, 2015, 05:26:35 PM »
Watto lotto on hold tonight due to injury.  Should we have a crack at Maxwell?  Maybe nominate the stupid shot he will get out on.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1023 on: January 23, 2015, 05:48:58 PM »
Should we have a crack at Maxwell?  Maybe nominate the stupid shot he will get out on.

Reverse sweep
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1024 on: January 23, 2015, 05:51:29 PM »
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim