Author Topic: Jayco Swan Outback here and loving life!  (Read 16043 times)

Offline Tuffprada

• Sleeping Bag User
Jayco Swan Outback here and loving life!
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 11:28:15 AM »
Now  I do! Lol :-P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2012 Toyota Prado with OME 2 inch lift, dual batteries, ARB winch bull bar, Safari snorkel, BF ATs, Hayman Reece tow bar (look better then the factory job), Hella Rallye 4000 & 2012 Jayco Swan Outback with a dingy on top.

Offline Topender

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Newbie and the wait begins for the Jayco Swan
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 09:27:37 PM »
Topender

Have you had you camper long? We got ours in November, we are a amply of 4 and have the same stuff on ours as you do.So as far as carrying weight with 4 of us 100kg is easy to do. Btw yes we got ours from Caravanand too.

Tuffprada

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

We are also 2+2 and we paid our deposit the 13th of April 2012 and picked it up the 4th of May 2012 :cup: (yes we are special :angel:)  I don't like waiting and don't do things by halves.  We love our Swan. It has travelled plenty of K's so far and we are heading back north in May to add some more. (although not for as long this time unless we win lotto between now and then)

Dave

Nissan X-trail TL dci & 2012 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline Pingu

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: Jayco Swan Outback here and loving life!
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2013, 11:27:11 AM »
Thanks

We're all the way over in Vic but my husband thinks there is a guy nearby who should be able to make one up for us when the time comes. We currently have plastic pole carriers on the Finch but really like the look of the checkerplate.
Nissan Navara D40 - Jayco Penguin outback

Offline Memem284

• Tent User
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »
Hey Pingu, when we bought our Eagle 2nd hand, it came with a chequerplate pole holder. I am pretty sure the original owner was from Coffs Harbour (we bought it at the Jayco dealer in Coffs). It's really neat and tidy and strong. Maybe a call to them or dealers around your way might put you onto to some-one closer to make one up for you?

Offline Baggs

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »
Hey Tuffprada,

Can you tell me where you got your pole box made.

I am in Perth and we have ordered our jayco for July pickup.

I would like to get this done, do you have a cost if you don't mind talking about that?

:cheers:

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 05:23:16 AM »
Hi how's it going , just wondering how you are going carrying the tinny on the Jayco,is the rack holding up ok ? We're looking to do the same with a stacer 379 cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tuffprada

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 12:22:34 PM »

Hi how's it going , just wondering how you are going carrying the tinny on the Jayco,is the rack holding up ok ? We're looking to do the same with a stacer 379 cheers

Hi there, I did have a Stacer Proline 379 and it was fine, the only thing is that the boat rack was only tec screwed in and they came loose. Jayco quickly repaired that. I now have a Stacer 369 Seasprite as it is better in rougher waters. They both are easy to place on the camper roof, I just added some carpet on the rear of the camper roof and on the boat rack for easier sliding on. I hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
2012 Toyota Prado with OME 2 inch lift, dual batteries, ARB winch bull bar, Safari snorkel, BF ATs, Hayman Reece tow bar (look better then the factory job), Hella Rallye 4000 & 2012 Jayco Swan Outback with a dingy on top.

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 08:12:14 AM »
That's great thanks yeah I've heard the sea sprite is the way to go