Author Topic: Wannabe Camping  (Read 10184 times)

Offline Dazbrook

• Tent User
  • Pom in paradise...
Re: Wannabe Camping
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 06:54:52 AM »
Thanks Jules and everyone for the welcomes.
Yes when I set my sights on something it tends to become an obsession, much to Nikki's annoyance at times.  ;)

You'll see in my above post that one of the places I was going to check out has been crossed out, I went, I saw and I was appalled at the lack of attention to detail, sorry to anyone that has one, all I can hope is that the ones I saw in the yard were the dregs.

So yes, the search continues and after that experience we have decided to increase our budget to around $15G and stick to our original requirement of an extenda/staircase/walk-thru model and nothing less than Aussie canvas.

Thanks to Fun Police for putting together the List of "Extenda"/ "Walk-through" style campers, we are working our way though it.

:cheers:

Craig & Nikki

Hi , and welcome.
We don't post on here as much as we should.

We are on the hunt also for a CT around $15 large ones too.
Now that Trackabouts are no longer an option , we have diverted our attention to the jimboomba ones.

Hoping to go have a look at their showroom today.

We went to trackabout about 3 months ago, and in an ideal world would have snapped up an extenda for $26.

But I need some work doing on my car so hence our new budget.

Good luck with your search.

Dazza
Patrol GU1 4.5 with extras-- Trackabout safari sv Extenda 2012 also with extras....LUFC..
Pennine Electrical 0421931947

www.pennineelectrical.com.au

Offline Ropes

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Owner Operator of OFFTRAX WA
    • OFFTRAX WA
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 10:28:35 AM »

Hi , and welcome.
We don't post on here as much as we should.

We are on the hunt also for a CT around $15 large ones too.
Now that Trackabouts are no longer an option , we have diverted our attention to the jimboomba ones.

Hoping to go have a look at their showroom today.

We went to trackabout about 3 months ago, and in an ideal world would have snapped up an extenda for $26.

But I need some work doing on my car so hence our new budget.

Good luck with your search.

Dazza

Hi Dazza,

Thanks for the welcome, unfortunately as we live in WA, we can't get to the Jimboomba showroom, so if you find anything there in that budget please let us know.

Good luck with your search too.

Craig & Nikki
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:40:56 AM by Ropes »
05 Nissan Patrol GU IV ST 4.2 TDi - Followed by a Metalian Maxi with original Australian Tent

OFFTRAX WA

Western Patrol Club Member

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 10:32:41 AM »
After some wind

I love a good photo of a Tarp-Maharl!  Welcome and enjoy! 

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline Ropes

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Owner Operator of OFFTRAX WA
    • OFFTRAX WA
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 10:50:34 AM »
I love a good photo of a Tarp-Maharl!  Welcome and enjoy! 

Kit_e

Thanks Kit_e, "Tarp-Maharl's" look great and do the intended job well, our mistake here was not enough sand pegs (we only had 2 per corner and none on the sides).
Unfortunately there are no pics of the next evening when we were packing up in the dark because of an extreme weather warning and the tarp was trying to takeoff like a hot air balloon.   :o
05 Nissan Patrol GU IV ST 4.2 TDi - Followed by a Metalian Maxi with original Australian Tent

OFFTRAX WA

Western Patrol Club Member

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 10:53:56 AM »

Thanks Kit_e, "Tarp-Maharl's" look great and do the intended job well, our mistake here was not enough sand pegs (we only had 2 per corner and none on the sides).
Unfortunately there are no pics of the next evening when we were packing up in the dark because of an extreme weather warning and the tarp was trying to takeoff like a hot air balloon.   :o

That would have made for a fabulous photo!   ;D

You should have been a member before then ...headed to our Hints & Tips thread.  Shopping bags (the alledged enviro friendly ones) filled with sand are the best rope anchor.

Kit_e

2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline Dazbrook

• Tent User
  • Pom in paradise...
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 11:36:28 AM »
Hi Dazza,

Thanks for the welcome, unfortunately as we live in WA, we can't get to the Jimboomba showroom, so if you find anything there in that budget please let us know.

Craig & Nikki

No worries.
Not gonna make it today , what with this never ending rain., and I didn't realise they close at 12.

Also gonna have a look at the lifestyle extenda.

I think with all the extras the wife wanted on the explorer , the price comes in close to the lifestyle.

So many things to consider it drives u crazy.. lol.

Just want to get one and start using it , but in the back.of your mind we hope we make the right choice.

Patrol GU1 4.5 with extras-- Trackabout safari sv Extenda 2012 also with extras....LUFC..
Pennine Electrical 0421931947

www.pennineelectrical.com.au