Author Topic: Hi from Adelaide  (Read 10117 times)

Offline Johnw72

• Sleeping Bag User
Hi from Adelaide
« on: February 01, 2011, 08:13:16 PM »
Hello all, I have been checking out the site over the last couple of days as looking to buy a camper trailer. The wife and 2 boys (12) and (9) are keen to start camping but the wife would like to stick with the comforts of caravan parks so not looking too much at off road although little price difference on some models I have noticed. Have checked out allied Pacific Australia campers and country campers both in Adelaide and would appreciate any feedback regarding these brands. Current finances are tight as usual so looking at the $5-6k mark. Great forums with loads of information a good source of infinite reading. Cheers John
The worst days fishing are better than the best days working

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Hi from Adelaide
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 08:33:41 PM »
Welcome to myswag. Have you had a look at the camper classifieds and/or eBay for a 2nd hand unit? You can get some great units 2nd hand.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:43:28 PM »
Hi John and welcome to My Swag.

Both the Allied Pacific http://campertrailertent.com/ and Country Campers http://www.countrycampers.net.au/ are very good value camper trailers with top quality tents made by Sar Major in Adelaide.

We hired a Allied Pacific and it we thought it was a very good quality CT at a very budget price, we had planned to buy one but an EzyTrail popped up for sale about 10 mins away that had a few more extras on it than what the Allied Pacific offered at the time but I see on their website that they do offer more options now and I would not have any second thoughts about buying one. I have seen them advertised second hand a couple years old for more than the original price.

I have looked at the Country Campers CT and they are very similar to the Allied Pacific and the tent is also made by Sar Major.

Call Jesse or Men at Allied Pacific they are very helpfull or even hire one of their CT's for a weekend and try it out.

Brett
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 11:50:32 AM »
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.  Good to see another Adelaidian on here.

Good luck with your camper purchasing - choosing which one is half the fun!!

Offline Lemo79

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 06:58:47 PM »
Hi John,

Welcome, stick around and you'll get heaps of great info off the members here. Our family is only new to the camper trailer scene, and loving it. The kids are always asking when and where we are going next. Hopefully your family will love it too.

Have fun camper researching.

Lemo.

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 08:30:59 PM »
G'day John and welcome to Myswag.  :cheers:
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 08:48:18 PM »
Welcome to John & Family to CTs & Myswag now that your in you will never want to leave , unless your on a trip somewhere . Have a poke about & if you need to know ask . Welcome Abord
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

crackacoldie

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 11:23:22 PM »
Well to myswag John, as stated above, by others, have a sqiz around at some of the second hand units, although allied pacific looked pretty good when we were looking.

:cheers: Cracka

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 06:20:20 AM »
Welcome to the Forum John, the second hand market is a good place to look as there are some bargains to be had

GG

Offline tropicbird54

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Yay! CT owner at last!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 09:08:53 PM »
Hi Johnw72 and welcome to Myswag.
Good luck with researching cts - lots of fun - great when you finally make a decision which one.
Cheers  :D

Offline geopaj

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
Hi John and welcome to My Swag.

Both the Allied Pacific http://campertrailertent.com/ and Country Campers http://www.countrycampers.net.au/ are very good value camper trailers with top quality tents made by Sar Major in Adelaide.

We hired a Allied Pacific and it we thought it was a very good quality CT at a very budget price, we had planned to buy one but an EzyTrail popped up for sale about 10 mins away that had a few more extras on it than what the Allied Pacific offered at the time but I see on their website that they do offer more options now and I would not have any second thoughts about buying one. I have seen them advertised second hand a couple years old for more than the original price.

I have looked at the Country Campers CT and they are very similar to the Allied Pacific and the tent is also made by Sar Major.

Call Jesse or Men at Allied Pacific they are very helpfull or even hire one of their CT's for a weekend and try it out.

Brett

Country Campers use a trailer made by Sar Major. Their tents are imported and are NOT made by Sar Major (at least that is what I was told by the Country Camper salesman when I called in yesterday).
NT Pajero VRX (My build - https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=47893 )

Sar Major Camper Trailer (My Build - http://www.myswag )

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 01:20:12 PM »
Country Campers use a trailer made by Sar Major. Their tents are imported and are NOT made by Sar Major (at least that is what I was told by the Country Camper salesman when I called in yesterday).
Ok I was told that the trailer/tent were made by Sar Major (not by their salesman though) I would go for the Allied Pacific then.  :cheers:

Thanks Geopaj
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline Johnw72

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 08:44:20 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys, I think allied pacific and country campers use imported tent but both use sar major trailer. I did notice that sar major themselves are now getting into the camper tent area so this may be home made australian canvas?. I seen a cavalier camper set up at moonta caravan park and the bloke was very helpful with some information about it. Canvas looked very strong and zips used to join on annex not velcro. Thinking that with 2 boys that are not getting any smaller that a 12' camper tent plus a large annex is the go, I have checked 2nd hand market but nothing at the moment in my price range.
Cheers John
The worst days fishing are better than the best days working

Offline solidute

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 12:04:34 PM »
hi mate,

lets us know how you go with your camper search, especially if you come across another company like country campers or APA as our budget is the same as yours. we are considering one from both of those companies so another wont hurt to be looking at

damo

Offline 95cruza

• Tent User
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »
Hi John,

Have sent you a PM as we have our challenge outback for sale - it's a good second hand one if interested.

cheers (although I am currently in Coober Pedy, the camper is in the Barossa Valley and I will back down there next week.)

Phil
Cheers Phil & Wendy
2013 Hilux D/C & 2013 Ultimate XTRK
Have fun, your here for a good time not a long time.

Offline 95cruza

• Tent User
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 04:28:04 PM »
John, cancel my post above and ignore my PM, I just saw your other post and see you got a cameron - friends of ours had one of their offroad ones and loved it I'm sure it will do what you want.

cheers
Cheers Phil & Wendy
2013 Hilux D/C & 2013 Ultimate XTRK
Have fun, your here for a good time not a long time.

Offline Rasmus

• Swag User
  • Love that trailer!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 01:38:25 PM »
hy mate welcome to MS.

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 06:11:06 PM »
G'day & Welcome John.

I will echo earlier suggestions: get a good second hand camper. Your budget will allow you to get a quality unit, tried and tested.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline nicmic

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 10:00:06 AM »
Hi John
Just a word of warning to anyone looking at buying a camper trailer
a lot of sellers are saying that their "camper trailers" trailers are made in australia and what they actually are saying is that the trailer is made here in australia but they dont tell you where the camper top is made,so always ask where the top is made .
Another trick is saying that the company is australian owned and operated and factory direct,always ask the question where is the unit actually made, both trailer and camper top.
John as far as Allied are concerned they buy their trailers from a small factory in south australia and they import their camper tops from china
Country campers buy ther trailers from Sar Major Trailers a south australian manufacturer and get ther canvas tops from china also
Sar Major Canvas Goods make their own trailers and can supply both their own camper tops made in south australia or they can supply an imported camper top from china that they had made to their specifications .
Hopefully this clears up some of the questions.
Max

Offline Old Croc + plus one

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 03:26:20 PM »
Hi John Welcome to My Swag plenty of campers to choose from no need to rush it Happy Trails
Ford Ranger 2006

Offline Muso

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • The beatings will stop when morale improves
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 04:24:49 PM »
Welcome John and .....

We spent about 6 months "tyre kicking" before we made out decision. Saved about $2000.00 by buying private. Take your time and make YOUR OWN decisions.
Cheers Glenn

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 05:17:58 PM »
did you find anything

http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=13273.0
this doesnt look bad... Cant imagine how long the kitchen takes to setup though!

Good luck.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 11:57:44 PM »
Gday Johno welcome aboard mate  :cheers:
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline GU_Thomo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 10:25:27 AM »
Welcome John,
I hope you enjoy your time here, and find the camper of your dreams.

Cheers
Parry

Offline campertrailertent.com

• Learning the Ropes
    • Campertrailertent.com
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »
Hi everyone, Jason here from Allied Pacific Australia Pty Ltd (www.campertrailertent.com), just to set the record straight, Sar Major manufactured our trailers for 5 years, then after selling over 400 of their trailers with our own brand of tent on them, Sar Major decided to supply our trailer design / configuration to all of our competitors (hence there are a number of small / backyard operators selling what looks like the Allied Pacific / Sar Major trailer.  Major's also approached our tent manufacturer and cloned our tent in order to compete directly against their biggest customer (us !!!) .

Obviously we did not find this situation acceptable.  Fortunately for us all of Major's quality staff decided to start up their own metal fabrication business and offered us the chance to not only source a better product from them, but also have an exclusive product.  As such Allied Pacific no longer sources trailers from Sar Major.

They made a great quality trailer only problem their ethics weren't in keeping with our own.

Anyway 200 trailers later from our new local Adelaide supplier and we haven't looked back !

Mention this article and myswag.org when ordering from us for an amazing deal from www.campertrailertent.com