Author Topic: G'day to one and all  (Read 2635 times)

Offline gone_bush

• Learning the Ropes
G'day to one and all
« on: February 08, 2015, 03:20:52 PM »
Pretty new to MySwag - only been lurking for a few weeks. I don't have a CT (yet!) but, obviously, I'm looking.

And, OMG, there's so much to learn!

What I've decided so far:

1) Not interested in a "Chinese" CT. No disrespect for those products but I've seen photos on CT's discarded at the side of Outback tracks. And from what I've read, some Chinese CT's have had structural issues. I don't want to waste my money is that way - I don't have enough of it. :(

2) Hard floor. As I want to go wherever I so choose, I want the utility of a hard floor. I think. But I'm prepared to be convinced otherwise.

3) Brands: What I don't know is what brands to look at. I went to the recent exhibition in Geelong and got a few ideas. The only make on my list at the moment is Cub. I'm sure there are worthy contenders but what are they? HELP!

4) Budget: $10-20k.

BTW: Towing vehicle is a 90 Series diesel Prado.

Any help and suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks for reading,
Kevin
There are no ATM's in cemetries

scarpsD40

G'day to one and all
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 03:23:18 PM »
Welcome to myswag Kevin, great to have you on board. Hope all goes well with your CT search.

Offline michael56

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: G'day to one and all
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 06:37:15 PM »
Welcome to myswag Kevin,
Lots of fun looking for a ct. I have a Bushranger Country it is a hard floor and in my view a very robust 4x4 ct. It comes pretty basic, but also has options of electrics and extra canvas etc.  It is a bit small for a family but I am by myself most of the time so I don't have that problem. Easy to find on google and Aussie made in Victoria. I was towing it with a Nissan x trail which handelled it quite well but I have since moved over to a Landrover Defender. Happy to provide you with more info if you want.
Budget is about right.
Cheers  :D
Michael
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:39:11 PM by michael56 »
Bushranger Off Road camper hauled by a Landrover Defender TD5 Wagon

KingBilly

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 06:47:02 PM »
G'day Kevin and welcome to myswag.  Lots of hardfloor options out there.  Aussie Swag and Kimberley Kampers are probably at the top of the pile.  Good luck

Happy camping
KB

Offline lindamc

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Woodsies Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 08:22:52 PM »
Hi Kevin, and welcome. We also have a 90 series Prado, and a 10k camper. It's an Aussie Jays, not a hard floor though. Good luck with your research. Are you going to the caravan and camping show? lots of ideas there!
Linda
Linda & Kristin
Prado & Aussie jay camper
Melbourne

Offline gone_bush

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 08:39:55 AM »

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated.

Michael: Yes, I too am a solo traveller - less arguments that way! ;) I'll certainly look at the Bushranger range.

KingBilly: I did look at Kimberly Kampers but they are waaay outside my budget. I am looking to buy 2nd hand but I doubt that even then a KK would be in my price range. But you never know. Ditto for Aussie Swag.

Linda: Yes, I went to the one in Geelong a couple of weeks ago. There's one in Melbourne later this week so I'll go along and see what's what. But, if the Geelong show is anything to go by, there may not be all that much as far as CT's go.
There are no ATM's in cemetries

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 02:19:10 PM »
G'Day Kev,
              Welcome to my swag......Hope you find your CT soon..Lot's of good stuff here in this forum

Cheers Tracker.
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 02:39:19 PM »
Welcome Kev  :cheers:
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281