Author Topic: Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust  (Read 172040 times)

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2012, 10:32:18 PM »
Well I pointed out some can find it all too hard to face their suppliers, employees and customers after getting into the financial mire, but then they just leave it all behind in the too hard basket and walk away. That's clearly not the case here with grabbing whatever they can under the circumstances.

If you ask do these people feel bad about what they're doing to others then the answer is this sort of behaviour is pathological for some. They get up in the morning and look in the mirror and see a reasonably nice person reflected there, while none of us would. It's nothing personal in ripping you off, just pathological behavior on their part. Hopefully the Judge is not too impressed by it as a defence of their actions.

There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Tassie devils

« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2012, 08:41:20 AM »
[quote author=Mace link=topic=26237.msg406583#msg406583

Secondly, I added the comment that having been in business, I knew what I was talking about.  Some have taken this as some form of pi55ing contest, and other business owners have taken objection to this as their businesses rely on progress payments.  I gave the example of buying a house, rather that building one, where progress payments are par for the course.  My personal replies to these messages has been that if you build a house, you enter into a contract overseen and insured  by an industry body, such as the HIA, where the purchaser is protected against non completion of a project

[/quote] hi Mace just a bit more info on your quote above,I know getting a bit of track but may help other swaggers if thinking of building.
In south Australia It is mandatory for a builder to enter into a contract for any building work over $12,000 not just building new homes. And is strongly advised to enter into a minor works contract for work under $12,000. By entering into a contract with a builder a maximum deposit of $1000 for jobs under $12000 and a maximum deposit of 5% + costs over  $12000 and of course progress payments for stages of the job. And remember only a licenced builder can get indemnity insurance to protect your investment.

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2012, 09:10:49 AM »
The current owners of Jimboomba trailers have only owned the business for about 4 years as when I bought my Jimboomba Trailer it was one of the last trailers the original owners made.

It’s a shame as the original owners were the ones who built the business up from scratch spent years perfecting his art working with aluminium. 

Back then the original owners never advertised in magazines, went to any camping shows and even there web page was pretty basic. But his reputation was strong and that keep him busy.

Maybe the new owners couldn’t live up to the reputation or tried to get too big too fast. Either way it’s just plain wrong to walk out leaving customers and suppliers in the dark.

Offline Squalo

• "Two Wheels Good"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2012, 11:30:15 AM »
Mine was built by Rob Moore as well. I wonder if anyone knows where he is these days, perhaps he is aware of the current status with the company...
2007 Jimboomba Maddison Staircase
1995 GQ DX Patrol TD42

Offline dav

• Tent User
Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust
« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2012, 02:21:06 PM »
You would have to keep a lot of turn over going to.
1. pay 4WD action $ 10000.00 for that DVD Coffs area.
2. Pay for the big adds in the mags.
3. Pay for the shows.
4. To buy the good will of Jimboomba.

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2012, 02:48:09 PM »
Forthly

You didn't spell fourthly right!   >:(   ;D   :-*

Kit_e  ;D

2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline Malcolm Tugless

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Are we there yet ?
« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2012, 04:45:04 PM »
The current owners of Jimboomba trailers have only owned the business for about 4 years as when I bought my Jimboomba Trailer it was one of the last trailers the original owners made.

It’s a shame as the original owners were the ones who built the business up from scratch spent years perfecting his art working with aluminium. 

Back then the original owners never advertised in magazines, went to any camping shows and even there web page was pretty basic. But his reputation was strong and that keep him busy.

Maybe the new owners couldn’t live up to the reputation or tried to get too big too fast. Either way it’s just plain wrong to walk out leaving customers and suppliers in the dark.

With the constant risk of sounding holier than thou, again.  Let me say the above post could sum up the situation in the shell of a nut.
I've seen good businesses change hands and go belly up under new ownership more often than I'd like to remember. Its a bloody shame to see a good name tarnished and possibly disappear. Its even worse to read the posts pertaining to the potential loss of moneys handed over to these people.

Gotta go now my halo has just come back from the cleaners and theres a vacant pedestal up for grabs. I don't even have to pay a deposit on this one, its a straight swap for my vintage soapbox.

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
Jimboomba Advertising Stickers Off
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2012, 05:33:34 PM »
Just ripped my Jimboomba advertising stickers of the back and sides of the CT.Then i thought, was it a bit early to do it.What if it gets taken up by someone else ,maybe they will need all the help they cant get.Still have the mudflaps will see how things go before i remove.Now waiting for  the MySwag Stickers.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:47:51 PM by bushbandit »
2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback

Offline Kalebjarrod

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Jimboomba Advertising Stickers Off
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2012, 06:08:51 PM »
Would anyone touch them now anyway?
HILUX D4D + LIFESTYLE WALKTHROUGH

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2012, 06:33:03 PM »

I've seen good businesses change hands and go belly up under new ownership more often than I'd like to remember. Its a bloody shame to see a good name tarnished and possibly disappear. .

Many SME buyers dont factor in the borrowing costs to finance the business when they buy.  Original owners often dont have this.

I looked at buying a rural mower/chainsaw shop.  Was a successful business but the owners built it from scratch with no finance or rent as they owned the building.  Once the borrowing and rent costs were added to the equation they would have to have paid me $12,000 per annum for it to be viable.  We offered to take it off their hands for free.  They declined.
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline Isuzumu

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Isuzu MU
« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »
Would anyone touch them now anyway?

Mate they are a very very good C/T probably in the first three for a soft floor.

Our's will be for sale after the Kimberely trip next year as we will be buying a caravan. There was two for sale on the net a few weeks ago and I would say bushbandit brought one of them, you do not see them for sale very often especially the up market ones.
Cheers Bruce
2012 Isuzu D.Max
1994 Isuzu Mu
2011 Jayco 17.55 Outback with Cruisemaster Independent Air Suspension
Off road trailer full of camping gear.

HF Radio Club  Sel Call 1955

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
Jimboomba Advertising Stickers Off
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »
By all accounts they made a good camper. That they have gone out of business, seemingly, does not alter that fact.

No need to feel bad about owning one.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »
By all accounts they made a good camper. That they have gone out of business, seemingly, does not alter that fact.

No need to feel bad about owning one.

Only removed because they are advertising stickers with phone numbers no other reason.

I love the CT have wanted one forbut were non seconhand until a few weeks ago.Im so glad we got our hands on it.Its a shame as everyone wants to now who builds it.
2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2012, 10:53:22 PM »
I just went to the Jimboomba Campers website, and you can still select items to buy and place in the checkout!! I didn't proceed with registering but presume the next step lets you input a CC. You would think the fair trading and the law would take a dim view if they have shot through yet the website is still collecting funds?
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2012, 10:57:54 PM »
We offered to take it off their hands for free.  They declined.

LOL That was generous of you ;)
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2012, 07:09:52 AM »
LOL That was generous of you ;)

I try and  do my bit Danny, really I do...... :cheers:
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2012, 08:50:55 AM »
Quote from: achjimmy
I just went to the Jimboomba Campers website, and you can still select items to buy and place in the checkout!! I didn't proceed with registering but presume the next step lets you input a CC. You would think the fair trading and the law would take a dim view if they have shot through yet the website is still collecting funds?
Hey if they were at the Camping show in Brissy recently taking deposits and selling Shit, I'd hate to be them when the wrong people catch up with them... The law wont do Shit to them.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline GeeTee

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • GT Campers premium off-road trailers and Toyota Hilux Expedition conversions
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2012, 09:47:15 AM »
Maybe I missed an important slice of info in a post, but has any of this been confirmed yet, or is it all "he-said-she-said" and circumstantial whispers? 

GT Campers: Off-road touring trailer or Toyota Hilux Expedition
Purpose-designed and built off-road touring vehicles. Innovation not imitation!
Find us on Facebook

Offline xmasbaby67

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2012, 10:01:42 AM »
Doesn't look too good judging by the facebook page Luke started.  >:(

https://www.facebook.com/jimboomba.campers

Their website is still up and running????:police:

God I feel sooo sad for the guys who have put a deposit down and have no trailer.  The money is hard enough to earn and save let alone someone stealing from you.

Hope you get a positive outcome Luke.
2009 12ft CUSTOMLINE towed by 2005 VX Prado

Offline GeeTee

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • GT Campers premium off-road trailers and Toyota Hilux Expedition conversions
« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2012, 10:06:24 AM »
So, nothing more than vicious (and *big, big BIG* hint for MS mods - legally problematic) rumours at this stage?

GT Campers: Off-road touring trailer or Toyota Hilux Expedition
Purpose-designed and built off-road touring vehicles. Innovation not imitation!
Find us on Facebook

Offline luke07

• Swag User
  • Very lucky camper...follow me campers all the way!
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2012, 10:23:28 AM »
It has been confirmed by there finance advisor that they have gone into recievership and should be announced by tomorrow. Nothing has been said viciously about them at all just that we all want our money. They have emptied out anything that was on wheels (Terry's words) which is illegal to do when they r in recievership.
Looking forward to getting my follow me camper!

Offline spargo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • "Love that car.."
    • Twitter
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »
It has been confirmed by there finance advisor that they have gone into recievership and should be announced by tomorrow. Nothing has been said viciously about them at all just that we all want our money. They have emptied out anything that was on wheels (Terry's words) which is illegal to do when they r in recievership.

So you've spoken to Terry or their representative?

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2012, 10:42:27 AM »
So, nothing more than vicious (and *big, big BIG* hint for MS mods - legally problematic) rumours at this stage?

We've been following the thread, and whilst we had some concerns about the unconfirmed nature of some of the comments, overriding that was that is in the (public) interest for folks to know that there might be an issue here.

Tragic for all concerned.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Teabag

• The bush is my playground......
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Better to be looking at it than looking for it"
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »
We've been following the thread, and whilst we had some concerns about the unconfirmed nature of some of the comments, overriding that was that is in the (public) interest for folks to know that there might be an issue here.

Tragic for all concerned.

Agree, being watched closely. If found to be false, it will be removed accordingly. Shame to hear another what appears to be quality camper go down the tube and the people it affects......Watching with baited breath........:-(
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2012, 11:06:50 AM »
Quote from: luke07
Luke, is he aware that the website is live and still taking cash/orders?
And if they werent legally in recievership yet when they emptied it I cant see that being illegal.

Again I wish you luck

Quote from: BigJules

While I agree that this needs to get out there I think you could trim it down to 3-5 posts and leave contact info for Luke and the other bloke who is battling and lock it.

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home