Author Topic: Ecomate leaking  (Read 10122 times)

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
Re: Ecomate leaking
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 04:18:39 PM »
Hi Swaggers, after lurking here for a bit we've joined and are looking for some advice on our hard floor. We bought our Ecomate series 3 explorer hard floor camper last year and have had her out for 2 trips with no problems, then our 3rd trip to the gold coast last week we had her in the rain for the first time. It leaked like a sieve , first all along the kitchen side then woke up to both sides and roof saturated and dripping on us...not very impressed for $16000 spent ! So my question is what are our options & is this normal for canvas? We seasoned it when new as advised by ecomate in Rockhampton. TIA

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Watching with interest....We also have an Ecomate purchased from Rocky...Forward fold....and last trip experienced some water peneration...none on first trip in rain butttt....some in second

Cheers Tracker
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Ecomate leaking
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 04:31:33 PM »
Hi Moggy ,
Ours is still under warranty, is there anything else we can do to waterproof it as we bought it to get away from using tarps as we did with our old soft floor.

I believe there is a product from BCF you can use. I think Muzza on here did his with it. check his camper thread
Like this Moggy?

Maybe not quite as bad as i did weather the canvas prior to using, but we have had some issues, one was also when it was windy & wet the wind lifted the flap up that is held with magnets, not real impressed with that, but really not a deal breaker for me i just got some occy straps to hold it in place.
The leak at the kitchen/annex junction is the biggest PITA & thats why i got a separate tarp. I got it a bit bigger to cover the whole trailer & annex area so it saves puting up the annex. I would only do it if rain was imminent.
If we were camped somewhere for a couple of weeks then i figure the time to set it up versus peace of mind is worthwhile, plus swmbo is content & i get a good nights sleep not worrying if rain is a possibility.
I do understand your disappointment though & was in the same boat as you, but when i looked at some other campers the same issue was possible & its not like i'm living in it, so I looked for a solution that i was happy with & really whats camping if you dont get wet ;D
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence