Author Topic: My wife went camping for the first time in a tent and now wants a caravan :)  (Read 5406 times)

Offline Cort500

• Learning the Ropes
Hi guys and girls, finally joined up after lurking for a while. Finally went on our first ever 4wd/camping trip in a safari tent. Needless to say it was "our" last. The wifey is demanding a caravan :)
I am not complaining at all, just gives me another excuse to tinker with a new toy. Love this site and all the info on it. Just wanted to say hi.
96 GQ Patrol loaded with goodies and on the hunt for a camper

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
Great to hear , she will go back after the 1st trip . Remember " Happy Wife Happy Life " , or ditch her  >:D your call .
 As long as you agree on the CT in what ever form it takes you are in for many adventures  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

scarps

Just make sure you know what you're getting into.  Each to their own, but SWMBO and I have been happily tenting for years and decided 2 years ago to look into caravans. After 18months of trade shows and research, I suddenly realised that my wife's perfect (make me happy) caravan, was 20' long and weighed in at just over 2T. 

I asked SWMBO was she ok if I booked her into a heavy vehicle driver's course, to which she replied "why?"

We've finally agreed that maybe towing a 2T caravan around the country wasn't the most relaxing way to see out our next 10 years and have almost agreed on a CT with walkway/step up.  Happiness all round atm.

As said, each to their own.
The following users thanked this post: oldmate

Offline Cort500

• Learning the Ropes
Yeah I hear you......she is keen on a Jayco Eagle Outback or the similar. Give me a good excuse to turbo my Patrol........other wise it won't pull it ;)

scarps

Yeah I hear you......she is keen on a Jayco Eagle Outback or the similar. Give me a good excuse to turbo my Patrol........other wise it won't pull it ;)

You might like this story then. My uncle took his SWMBO 4WD'ing and they had trouble climbing a particularly steep climb. SWMBO made the mistake of saying, "what's wrong with our 4WD, how come it's struggling to climb the hill?". To which He replied, "I think the turbo might need work".

He took it to His mechanic, and went home with the quote of $4k and spoke to SWMBO.

Her reply was, "that much, really?", but agreed that He should proceed as it was their main car etc, and was probably going to cost more to upgreade the car.

Moral of the story? - He now has a turbo'd engine in His 4WD.  Not bad, seeing it wasn't turbo'd originally:-)

Offline Pebble

• Soft Floor Camper User
Ha ha love it! and I am a SWIMBO
2015 LC Dual Cab
2017 Trakmaster Gibson

scarps

Ha ha love it! and I am a SWIMBO

true story

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
Hi guys and girls, finally joined up after lurking for a while. Finally went on our first ever 4wd/camping trip in a safari tent. Needless to say it was "our" last. The wifey is demanding a caravan :)
I am not complaining at all, just gives me another excuse to tinker with a new toy. Love this site and all the info on it. Just wanted to say hi.

96 GQ Patrol loaded with goodies and on the hunt for a new wife

I fixed your signature  ;D
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

KingBilly

Welcome to the forum.  Look forward to reading of your adventures.

Happy camping
KB

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
Hi and welcome to My Swag

:cheers: Heiny
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline Cort500

• Learning the Ropes
Def not looking for a new wife. She is great just the way she is. She even surprised me by going out and buying more camping stuff for our adventures :)

scarps

Def not looking for a new wife. She is great just the way she is. She even surprised me by going out and buying more camping stuff for our adventures :)

Did she buy a new shovel?  She might be looking for a new husband:-)

Offline weso

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • be good or be good at it !!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 64eh.com
She even surprised me by going out and buying more camping stuff for our adventures :)

she's a keeper for sure !!!!!!!!!!
64 EH(premier sedan)gone but will never be forgotten, 64VAN(windowless panel van),
2008 Nisan Navara, leisure matters ranger hard floor

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den

Hello and Welcome to another local!

I love camping and would prefer to be doing it in a camper trailer ... after tenting it for so many years.  Ease her into it, let her have a few luxuries (like a very comfy chair), and take her places that aren't over the top to get her used to it.

Once she's accepted the lifestyle ... do it often ... so she doesn't forget just how good the lifestyle really is.

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline bert56

• Soft Floor Camper User
Your lucky, I can only get my misses out of the house if we go to Sydney and stay at her sisters.

Bert

Offline crocbait

• Learning the Ropes
I love the outdoors and often go away with just a swag.
My wifes idea of roughing it is a 4 star motel
why am i so thirsty when i drank so much last night