Author Topic: Monster 4x4 Electrical - 264pc Deutsch DT Waterproof connector starter kit  (Read 9515 times)

Offline SirGollum

• Tent User
After using these things for years, and seeing other poor buggers struggle with those old school spade connectors etc, I thought I would start importing a few and offering them to the communities that would benefit!

I find these really easy to use and now try to put them anywhere that might cop oil / water or dust.

They handle about 13 amps throughput (With the correct wire), so are ample for most things.

At the moment, Ive just brought in a 'starter' kit, which is 264 pieces and includes the crimper.

The price is $179, with free shipping anywhere in AU!

Ive also created a special coupon for the MySwag Members,  - MYSWAG

If you use this during checkout, you will get $20 off the order!  Even on a single kit!

Thanks very much, believe me, they might be more expensive than the everyday 'spade' connectors, but will save you headaches down the road!

Website - https://mlec.net.au

Email - glenh@monster4x4.com.au

Or, for the warm and fuzzies, heres a ebay link (Coupon wont work here)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/172884592004?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:12:18 AM by SirGollum »
The following users thanked this post: Wags

Offline Thawed

• Swag User
Hi Glen,
Do you still have these and if so can you tell me the specifics of the kit?  Number or single, twin etc connectors?
Cheers
Steve
If I am not there I am here.

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
Steve click on the link to the website and there is a detailed list of what's included inside the kit listing.

I reckon I would only want 2 pin plugs. I wonder if you can buy a kit with just them

Rod

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
Steve click on the link to the website and there is a detailed list of what's included inside the kit listing.

I reckon I would only want 2 pin plugs. I wonder if you can buy a kit with just them

Rod
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-x-Deutsch-DT-Series-2-Way-2-Pin-Electrical-Connector-Kit-Automotive-Marine/292105052062?hash=item4402d15f9e:g:-VAAAOSwIRxZes~g
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
Thanks Troopy  :cup:

+ the cost of the crimper and - the 10% ebay discount they might be a goer.

Offline Thawed

• Swag User
Thanks Fellas.
Cheers Steve
If I am not there I am here.

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
The more i have looked at these i have realised that I can't see how you tell which wire is positive and negative. Andersons they indicate which is which and make it easy but not with these. I can easily sort it when i would be installing brand new connections but how do you tell if there is an existing plug? Is it a multimeter job or have i missed some indicator?

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
The more i have looked at these i have realised that I can't see how you tell which wire is positive and negative. Andersons they indicate which is which and make it easy but not with these. I can easily sort it when i would be installing brand new connections but how do you tell if there is an existing plug? Is it a multimeter job or have i missed some indicator?

They can be set up in any polarity you like (or no polarity in some circumstances). There are only pin numbers on the connector body. So, if there is an existing plug, yes, you need to check polarity first with either a meter or a test light. These connectors aren't designed only for 12VDC connections.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.
The following users thanked this post: Rodt

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
Thanks Troopy  :cup:

Offline Poita

• Swag User
I am an electronics engineer and can attest to how good these connectors are. I hate spade connectors with a passion haha Not a bad price for the whole kit either... I already have a fair collect and the crimper. Do you mind pm'ing me where you get just the box from or was that part of the whole kit?

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
I am an electronics engineer and can attest to how good these connectors are. I hate spade connectors with a passion haha Not a bad price for the whole kit either... I already have a fair collect and the crimper. Do you mind pm'ing me where you get just the box from or was that part of the whole kit?

Looks like a tactix box which you can get from Bunnings

Sent from your iPad using Mental telepathy

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Looks like a tactix box which you can get from Bunnings

Sent from your iPad using Mental telepathy
that's where I got mine from.. have a couple with nuts, bolts washers in and another yet to be used.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline SirGollum

• Tent User
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, I have sold all of these.   I would be more than happy to organise a group buy for these if say 4 - 5 people needed a set. 

Offline bevwone

• Swag User
  • Challenge Walk In Deluxe/Meridian Camper
G'day Glen,

Missed this first time around. I am keen on a set.

Thanks

Bev
Bevan M
2010 GXL 200 TD
Challenge Walk in Deluxe Camper.