Author Topic: Possible Scammer, beware  (Read 5273 times)

Offline dannac

• Learning the Ropes
Possible Scammer, beware
« on: February 13, 2017, 05:23:24 PM »
I just registered here on this Forum only to make everyone aware of ASHLEY JULIEN, owner of OUTBACK- SUPPLIERS (an online business based in NSW).

I've been scammed by him on a Gumtree deal.
He just got my money by bank transfer then he never shipped the Items to me (Pc Components). He actually tried to sell the same items many times, as I've tried to contact him with different usernames.

I've tried to contact him by phone after few days, (He initially sent me an invoice of the items he was selling on, with all details like address, name, phone number) and initially he replied saying that he wasn't him selling on Gumtree, that I've got scammed and someone was trying to rip me off.
After a while, I sent him some proofs like bad feedbacks on ebay for his business (that is under his name) where he tried to scam the people with the same method: getting money and then keep selling the same item 2-3 times without never ship it to any of the genuine buyers.

After a day, he probably Shit his pants and he started to admit that he was him, or to better say it, is claimed for some reason he had access to the bank account I sent my money to, but it wasn't actually him.. hahahahahah ...things like that. I hope you can get an idea.

Well, he sent me a screenshot of the bank transfer he made to refund me (no receipt, he said he didn't get it) but after 5 days no money yet.
Now he's not replying anymore to my messages. I want to make sure if someone else got scammed by him to get in contact with him.

I have all the proofs of what I'm saying..email, messages, screenshots... If you require them just ask me and I'll be happy to provide that.
He's been reported to the Police, and to the ASIC/Scamwatch website.

SO PLEASE, DON'T DEAL WITH HIM FOR ANY REASON !!!! YOU WILL GET SCAMMED !!!!

If someone's got more information about him, I would be keen to discuss it. I've already got all the information about his address, business, ABN, phone number, bank details.. but there may be something I'm missing.

FYI, he just pulled his outback-supplies.com website down, but I've got screenshots and everything...
If you have been scammed by him, get in contact with me ASAP.
I'm going to post on other forums where they talk about him.

Thanks again, and if you know him, please get in contact with me.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:22:38 PM by GGV8Cruza »

TimE

Re: Possible Scammer, beware
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:58:52 PM »
Try looking here for some details https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/bySearchId.jspx?searchId=615272369&searchIdType=BUSN&_adf.ctrl-state=12wtvssp6x_4

Offline dannac

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 04:13:27 PM »
Thanks,
I've got his address (not sure if it's the current one), his mobile number, his business details.. basically everything I could get. And he still trying to ignore me.
He has been reported to police and Scamwatch already, so it won't take too long before Police will knock his door since he provided a real identity (shown on some Invoices as well).
I want to make sure that nobody else has been scammed in the same way since he was trying to repeatedly sell the same items to the different buyers.
I would like to get confirmation of his address, Landline number.... or someone that is in contact with him and actually know him in person and that can convince him is not doing the right thing :)  That would save time to me as well :)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 04:32:10 PM »
l have heard of a huge scam that only catches the very big thinkers out there . lts a very complicated process but still it sucks people in with its blatant simplicity .
For all the details send me 2 slabs cold , of VB cans & all will be explained very quickly . Send direct to my Engal that is standing by to receive them .            >:D
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 04:38:23 PM »
Just like the PDFP.  >:D
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 06:40:28 PM »
Just like the PDFP.  >:D
Don't DIS the PDFP or l  will get a big 1 & place in front of you rig  calling it a  " Sink Hole "

& Swaggers that aren't in the know are scratching there heads trying to work out what in the name of Sam Hell we are on about . All Good nothing to see here ,,,,, Go Home ,,,,,,,,,,,Disperse,,,,,,,,,,,,,  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 07:09:34 PM »
Also lodge a claim for refund with the sheriff... Next time he sells anything, you'll get your money back, and if he drives through a roadside sting, they'll pick him up for a chat...

Beats a debt collector every day of the week

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 07:16:48 PM »
Also lodge a claim for refund with the sheriff... Next time he sells anything, you'll get your money back, and if he drives through a roadside sting, they'll pick him up for a chat...

Funny that. I always thought Sheriffs were a Yanky thing. First time I saw one was only a few years ago.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 07:23:42 PM »
Funny that. I always thought Sheriffs were a Yanky thing. First time I saw one was only a few years ago.

Cheers Glen
Yeah, same here, until a mate who's in the force was giving some advice about free debt collection (a.k.a Sheriff's Office) ...

2013 Amarok Highline

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 07:46:21 PM »
Sherriffs are an officer of the Courts and responsible to the Justice Department.
Have been around for a very long time.  Just not as obvious as they are now.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline dannac

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 07:54:52 PM »
Thanks for the advice.
I wasn't aware the Sheriff even exists here in Australia  ;D
I'll try to contact the NSW Sheriff office first thing tomorrow morning.
Let's hope they will act faster than Police/Acorn. Last time I've dealt with them it took nearly 2 months, but I've got the money back eventually.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 08:20:47 PM »

there was a big sting in St Kilda not long ago, down in Albert Park area.... booze bus, and Sherriff cars parked up going through everyone....

Thanks for the advice.
Let's hope they will act faster than Police/Acorn. Last time I've dealt with them it took nearly 2 months, but I've got the money back eventually.
I hope you don't expect the cops to be working too hard on it unless there are many complaints...
I wouldnt think that 1 x $400 sale gone pearshaped would be a flag to them to drop everything.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:23:14 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

KingBilly

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 08:28:20 PM »
Thanks for the advice.

ACORN is seriously over-worked, under-resourced and under-financed.  I am surprised it only took 2 months.  Good result though, not many as lucky as you were.

KB

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 08:34:40 PM »
there was a big sting in St Kilda not long ago, down in Albert Park area.... booze bus, and Sherriff cars parked up going through everyone....

I hope you don't expect the cops to be working too hard on it unless there are many complaints...
I wouldnt think that 1 x $400 sale gone pearshaped would be a flag to them to drop everything.
A mate has had them recover $150 from a bad debtor

2013 Amarok Highline

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 09:13:31 AM »
so I headed over to here - https://www.facebook.com/Outbacksupplies/?fref=ts

and read this in visitors posts:

"Amanda MacGregor
13 February at 15:07
After a lengthy wait for our fridge slide (approx 4 months) Outback suppliers contacted us and said they weren't happy with the time we have had to wait. Outback suppliers went to our local 4wd store and bought us a MSA slide as a show of good faith for our lengthy wait. Although we were disappointed with the amount of time it took for Outback suppliers to deliver our fridge slide, we are happy that they came through and delivered a fridge slide just not their product."

I then commented that MSA will make a hell of a lot of sales from them if Ashley is planning to buy an MSA dropslide for everyone that he owes one to...

For some odd reason... my comment is now deleted and I'm blocked from commenting again...

Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=58855.msg1064705#msg1064705
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 09:30:59 AM »

"Amanda MacGregor
After a lengthy wait for our fridge slide (approx 4 months) Outback suppliers contacted us and said they weren't happy with the time we have had to wait. Outback suppliers went to our local 4wd store and bought us a MSA slide as a show of good faith for our lengthy wait. Although we were disappointed with the amount of time it took for Outback suppliers to deliver our fridge slide, we are happy that they came through and delivered a fridge slide just not their product."

I then commented that MSA will make a hell of a lot of sales from them if Ashley is planning to buy an MSA dropslide for everyone that he owes one to...

For some odd reason... my comment is now deleted and I'm blocked from commenting again...
everyone with stalkerbook should bombard it with links and comments LMAO! 
;D

LMAO!!!!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 09:37:50 AM »
everyone with stalkerbook should bombard it with links and comments LMAO! 
;D

LMAO!!!!

why not eh...

just everyone message the page and ask for an MSA dropslide just like Amanda MacGregor was given...

Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=58855.msg1064705#msg1064705
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 09:49:19 AM »
Thanks for the advice.

Maybe you need to apply the "if it seems to good to be true it probably is" thinking when buying online, bank transfers on Gumtree deals are risky, most people apply an "in person only" way of doing business on Gumtree, I have done bank transfers for gumtree purchases before but have done a fair bit of background work before doing so and only for smallish amounts. Not saying that it's your fault but just hopefully a few tip's that will hopefully stop it happening to you... again.

"Amanda MacGregor

I read the same the other day, It has the distinct waft of BS to me, A refund I could maybe believe, paying substantially more than a customer paid you to buy them a better product seems unlikely, given his track record I call total BS.

I doubt you're  one the next comment is "I dont know what all the fuss is about. I ordered a set of 4"led lights for the tray of my ute. Communication was excellent The product is excellent The postage was fast. For those that say they are scammers. Its a crock."

What fuss is he referring too, there is no bad comments to be seen  ;)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »
Quote from: tryagain
I read the same the other day, It has the distinct waft of BS to me, A refund I could maybe believe, paying substantially more than a customer paid you to buy them a better product seems unlikely, given his track record I call total BS.
Agree 11000%

What fuss is he referring too, there is no bad comments to be seen  ;)
you should ask what fuss LMAO
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline dannac

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 01:11:49 PM »
The guy deleted my facebook posts on his page as well.
He also pulled down his website  ;D that explains everything.
Let's see if he will use a different name now.
I'm chasing him so he will get caught eventually. Promise it.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 01:38:27 PM »
Didn't we have someone else on here a "few" months back with similar story?

Fridge slide advertised at "$300", someone ordered & paid for one then started chasing it & it turned into "shipment has been held up coming into the country" - "they've put the prices way up on me, so new orders will now be $800" - ""Customs are still stuffing me around" & so on ???
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 01:49:07 PM »
Didn't we have someone else on here a "few" months back with similar story?

Fridge slide advertised at "$300", someone ordered & paid for one then started chasing it & it turned into "shipment has been held up coming into the country" - "they've put the prices way up on me, so new orders will now be $800" - ""Customs are still stuffing me around" & so on ???

One and the same.
The following users thanked this post: #jonesy