Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 310862 times)

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #2425 on: August 12, 2021, 11:05:12 AM »
We did a walk up in a pharmacy for AZ, the day they were allowed to administer the jab. We are in a small country town which would have some impact on waiting times (probably), but whenever we walk past that chemist there doesn’t appear to be sh1tl0ads in a lineup.
As Mr Dandy quoted above, there are as many reasons to not get the fizzer as there is the AZ. Seems that the population is reacting to the blood clot issue(?) the same way they do to whatever started the toilet paper fiasco, a negative post on the social misinformation highway, and that is what is gospel from that time onwards.
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2426 on: August 12, 2021, 11:34:41 AM »
Arghhh. Gladys, Gladys, Gladys. You certainly ballsed this one up. Cant help but think with a swift, hard, lockdown for say 4 weeks, that your state, and all the others, wouldn't be in this situation we are in now. You knew before it happened how this strain was. It was coming into the country. Very very good chance it would make its way out of isolation. You didn't leave the gate open for the horse to bolt, you opened the gate and chased it out. I am changing the name of this "China virus" to the "Gladys virus". Cause don't think its fair to blame the Chinese for our problems now.

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2427 on: August 12, 2021, 12:29:19 PM »
Gladys needs to be proactive, not reactive.
Too little, too late.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #2428 on: August 12, 2021, 12:36:29 PM »
ACT in lockdown today.
So all the other states and territories can do a true lockdown. This should be very entertaining for tomorrow's NSW press conference.
Getting my popcorn ready

Sent from .............. Somewhere in Australia

Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2429 on: August 12, 2021, 01:05:24 PM »
Quote from: SJindustries
ACT in lockdown today.

Canberra lockdown to begin as ACT records one local COVID-19 case
1 case...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #2430 on: August 12, 2021, 01:22:14 PM »
Well you know what  happens when they get wet   ;D ;D   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLZP4QA4mU4
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2431 on: August 12, 2021, 01:24:44 PM »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

While there are a number saying I told you so I reckon Gladys and the government made what they thought were the best decisions at the time. This bloody virus wouldn't be at the levels if people did the right thing as has been said on here multiple times. Not the governments fault if people can't make their own minds up or are deniers (eg: old mate from Sydney last week, delivery drivers a few weeks ago)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2432 on: August 12, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »
Quote from: Rodt
agree

While there are a number saying I told you so I reckon Gladys and the government made what they thought were the best decisions at the time.
Would you think seeing what had happened in Victoria wouldnt have been a good idea of what can go wrong  and how quick and we need to act quick?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2433 on: August 12, 2021, 03:35:27 PM »

19th July
NSW needs to go into a hard lockdown, not the pretend lockdown there have atm.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2434 on: August 12, 2021, 04:37:08 PM »
In Gladys’ defense, it’s hard to do the right thing when the wrong thing is being touted as the gold standard…

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2435 on: August 12, 2021, 06:03:06 PM »

While there are a number saying I told you so I reckon Gladys and the government made what they thought were the best decisions at the time. This bloody virus wouldn't be at the levels if people did the right thing as has been said on here multiple times. Not the governments fault if people can't make their own minds up or are deniers (eg: old mate from Sydney last week, delivery drivers a few weeks ago)

I agree.   When the Delta Virus started in the Eastern Suburbs restrictions were put in place.  While it slowly spread from Eastern Sydney to Western Sydney the Eastern section did what was required showing the restrictions worked.   However it has been show Western Sydney didn't follow the restrictions and now they have made it worse.   People, not Premier. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #2436 on: August 12, 2021, 07:36:06 PM »
I agree.   When the Delta Virus started in the Eastern Suburbs restrictions were put in place.  While it slowly spread from Eastern Sydney to Western Sydney the Eastern section did what was required showing the restrictions worked.   However it has been show Western Sydney didn't follow the restrictions and now they have made it worse.   People, not Premier.
X2

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2437 on: August 12, 2021, 07:42:11 PM »
I’d like to see what Kerry Chant’s recommendations were before making a decision. It’s hard to believe they were implemented in full if the Government is unwilling to release them.

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2438 on: August 12, 2021, 08:03:53 PM »
If people willingly don't obey the rules, the obvious thing to do is tighten them.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2439 on: August 12, 2021, 08:34:11 PM »
The Pfizer side effects do get reported on, I guess it just that they don’t have so many deaths associated with them that people aren’t so freaked out about it.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sydney-reporter-in-hospital-after-rare-pfizer-side-effect-082902976.html

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2440 on: August 13, 2021, 07:53:03 AM »
If people willingly don't obey the rules, the obvious thing to do is tighten them.

On face value that may sound reasonable. In reality it punishes the vast majority who are doing the right thing.

I reckon increase the penalties and hold those who are responsible accountable

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2441 on: August 13, 2021, 08:13:15 AM »
Stiff, just do it.
They are playing politics instead of doing the right thing.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2442 on: August 13, 2021, 10:00:37 AM »
Quote from: Rodt
I reckon increase the penalties and hold those who are responsible accountable

With so many people out there believing this  is some sort of Elite or global conspiracy to kull populations "the BIG RESET" - (yes they do exist) you'll never do it..  Like the White power fools you see marching in the city ... Like drink driving, like speeding and million other things.. people don't think the rules are for them.

or a cockhead wanting to go look at Realestate cause thats life and death...

There was another article few weeks back someone linked here where 80% of people fined in last 18mths hadn't paid... 

Fines don't work and I don't know about you, but I don't want to live like this in and out of lock-down for next 20yrs.. If that's how it will be I'll take a magic pill now thanks.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rowlie

• Swag User
« Reply #2443 on: August 13, 2021, 11:24:44 AM »
With so many people out there believing this  is some sort of Elite or global conspiracy to kull populations "the BIG RESET" - (yes they do exist) you'll never do it..  Like the White power fools you see marching in the city ... Like drink driving, like speeding and million other things.. people don't think the rules are for them.

There was another article few weeks back someone linked here where 80% of people fined in last 18mths hadn't paid... 

Fines don't work and I don't know about you, but I don't want to live like this in and out of lock-down for next 20yrs.. If that's how it will be I'll take a magic pill now thanks.

Bird, I am just a silly old fart but I reckon its all about faith. I am not talking religious faith necessarily - I am not religious at all, but it occurs to me that we have to have confidence that this too shall pass.

I am 65 and longevity isn't in my genes but I am strong and healthy partly because of governments and medical professionals creating and providing vaccines and antibiotics. I have "faith" in the concept that the pollies and medicos have our welfare foremost in their actions. With so many of them working on this I am confident they will find a way to either get us to the point of an annual jab as we do with the flu or indeed find a cure.

I don't see much value in focussing on the non believers, anti vaxers, law breakers, protesters, fine dodgers etc. I actually know someone who is a flat earther - believes vehemently that the world is not round. No amount of science or evidence can convince him otherwise. Sound familiar?

I like to focus on the nos. of people getting jabbed - especially the changes in attitudes of the gen ys and zs - they are leading the way. Whilst I have the utmost sympathy for the small businesses suffering thru the lockdowns I can't do much other than support them as much as I can between lockdowns.

I remember things like mandatory seatbelts, .05 alcohol limits, and the intro of the decimal system and each had its pushbacks, deniers and nay sayers but we wouldn't be without them now. The pollies knew these were right.

In a nutshell we all have to have faith in something. Put your pill away for now and stick around to watch and marvel at how inventive and resilient we are.

End of sermon.

The following users thanked this post: Spada, paceman, Pottsy

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2444 on: August 13, 2021, 12:08:21 PM »

If I was planning a big reset, I be keeping the compliant ones and releasing a more lethal form of the virus to kill off the non compliant, ie unvaccinated people. Why would I kill off the obedient ones? 😂😂😂

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2445 on: August 13, 2021, 12:53:04 PM »
Quote from: plusnq
If I was planning a big reset, I be keeping the compliant ones and releasing a more lethal form of the virus to kill off the non compliant, ie unvaccinated people. Why would I kill off the obedient ones? 😂😂😂
Thats what they believe is happening... its mind numbing to try and have a chat with these people...

I know 7 people who believe 'this is all a conspiracy by the rich and powerful elite (NFI who they are)'... '... from day 1 it just doesn't feel right'... You cant talk logic at all to them.  100% concreted in believers that this is all deliberate.

Why? Apparently to kull the worlds population blah blah, The big 'reset' (what ever that is supposed to be).

There's even online forums for it all that he says I apparently should check out...  They people are all full of quitting work and going on dole/pensions for life if they are forced to be vaxed by their work and one of the 3 stooges works in the medical industry!

One of the mailing list hes on has been warning the members for few years that "this was coming" and I told you so...

As I see it while you have that many tools, this Shit wont go away and we will be in and out of this Shit as it eventually mutates to other strains (maybe Im wrong, hope so). Good psychological warfare though :)

as for faith and religion lets not go there, theres a few that get all touchy when we start on that manure :D

Anyway -
The Covid roadshow is now visiting Dubbo and Walgett lets see how that goes.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #2446 on: August 13, 2021, 12:56:37 PM »
WA just tightened it's border again

Sent from .............. Somewhere in Australia

Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline jclures

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2447 on: August 13, 2021, 01:30:08 PM »
 Would not be surprised if the Queensland NSW border is locked by tomorrow, with how it is spreading in NSW.

Offline l0ckym

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #2448 on: August 13, 2021, 01:38:02 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they lock down the entire state of NSW at this point.
2005 Nissan X-Trail ST
2008 Mountain Trail Camper

Offline westvic

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2449 on: August 13, 2021, 01:55:43 PM »
With regard all the silly buggers that think that a mask over their chin only or no mask at all maybe we need an media campaign something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2nvAFOk7x0

just a subtle way calling them a wanker  ;D and then shame them into doing something better
Getting there if half the fun

The other half is a cold beer when you do.