Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 310370 times)

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #2325 on: July 31, 2021, 04:39:14 PM »

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2326 on: July 31, 2021, 05:12:17 PM »
People are saying we’re going to have a generation of dumb kids because they are not learning anything.

People are saying what’s the last generations excuse ??   ;D
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2327 on: July 31, 2021, 05:40:23 PM »
Told ya we'd have another lockdown soon.
3 Days from 4pm today..... you heard here first with Uncle Jeepers

Did you take your own advice and stock up on Marvin parts?

2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2328 on: August 01, 2021, 03:19:23 AM »
Did you take your own advice and stock up on Marvin parts?

Yeah, i have stuff here to do..... i have the required parts to do it..... we can rebuild him, better, faster, stronger than before.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2329 on: August 01, 2021, 06:51:44 AM »
Going to be longer than three days. BGGS had Open Day Friday night. There were thousands there. One positive parent visited. I was on BBQ duty. Positive cases at  Boys Grammar, and St Peters as well. Netball comp was at St Peters as well .

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2330 on: August 01, 2021, 06:54:18 AM »
Interesting question from nutha forum

So what exactly is stopping people from calling in sick Sunday night then getting a COVID test on Monday then waiting 3 days for the results and collecting $750?
You don't have to use annual or sick leave.

Maybe I should put my reply in the rant thread, and mods please delete if it's not appropriate for our forum.

Our nations farmers (you know, the people that produce the food we eat) endured horrendous financial and emotional hardship during six years of drought recently with sweet FA assistance from our governments.................................. but a barista in Brisbane misses three days work and is entitled to a $750 tax free hand out  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

As a nation, we have completely lost any perception of what "hard times" are if we think a few days stuck at home deserves a financial bail-out from the government  :'(
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.
The following users thanked this post: A-frame81

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #2331 on: August 01, 2021, 06:57:53 AM »
^^^^^^^^ post of the year  :cheers:
Ultimate LC79 Combo
The following users thanked this post: Spada

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #2332 on: August 01, 2021, 07:07:41 AM »
Maybe I should put my reply in the rant thread, and mods please delete if it's not appropriate for our forum.

Our nations farmers (you know, the people that produce the food we eat) endured horrendous financial and emotional hardship during six years of drought recently with sweet FA assistance from our governments.................................. but a barista in Brisbane misses three days work and is entitled to a $750 tax free hand out  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

As a nation, we have completely lost any perception of what "hard times" are if we think a few days stuck at home deserves a financial bail-out from the government  :'(

100% agree

I've been watching Clarkson's Farming show on Prime. Whilst it is amusing and irreverent as Clarkson is, it really puts on show the plight of being a farmer. They invest so much time, effort and $ on the hope they have a good season, only to be disappointed when the weather doesn't do it's thing or the bottom falls out of the market. Then they do it all again the next year, all without giving it a second thought because that's just the way it is.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2333 on: August 01, 2021, 10:26:57 AM »

Been like that for just way too long.    Banks and Big Investers are the only winners
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Sorry, did i offend you with my Common Sense?
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #2334 on: August 01, 2021, 11:02:48 AM »

1000 % agreed.
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/markgu/patrol?fu=5470975

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2335 on: August 01, 2021, 05:11:15 PM »
this doesnt help...

Sky News Australia suspended from YouTube for COVID misinformation
A Youtube spokesperson said the website had taken steps against Sky, including removing videos from the media outlet’s online channel and issuing a ‘strike’
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2336 on: August 01, 2021, 10:06:26 PM »
this doesnt help...

Sky News Australia suspended from YouTube for COVID misinformation
A Youtube spokesperson said the website had taken steps against Sky, including removing videos from the media outlet’s online channel and issuing a ‘strike’
;)

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2021/07/19/chinese-spy-ship-turns-back-after-accidentally-picking-up-sky-news-transmission/

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2337 on: August 03, 2021, 04:02:08 PM »
Had me fizzer shot few hours ago...
worst part was the waiting around before and after.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2338 on: August 03, 2021, 04:05:12 PM »
Good on ya..... be keen to see if ya get any side effects or not.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2339 on: August 03, 2021, 04:24:39 PM »
Good on ya..... be keen to see if ya get any side effects or not.
I went prepared, had my will done few hours before ...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2340 on: August 03, 2021, 04:35:54 PM »
I went prepared, had my will done few hours before ...

Ha ha ha..... in a nice way, i hope ya get the shakes..... they're really wild when ya trying to take a leak in the middle of the night.

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2341 on: August 04, 2021, 01:07:49 PM »
My missus says my aim is no good during the night anyway. Maybe I should use the old side effect excuse

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2344 on: August 04, 2021, 03:03:59 PM »
You can't use Craig Kelly and useful in the same topic..
Lucky you warned me before clicking that link.

Now we had time to prepare properly......

The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #2345 on: August 04, 2021, 04:41:12 PM »
QLD, another 17.

Following is an excerpt from an ‘on-line’ ABC news article. See if you can pick the relevant part of the statement🤔
“However, Dr Young said it was possible the missing link as to how the virus spread from two returned overseas travellers into several Brisbane schools may never be found.”

Farking overseas, not again, but still. Obviously the system is still not working with people bringing it back with them and then spreading it.

The number who slip through is very small, we are told! How many people with the virus does it take to create a cluster? Less than very small, it only takes ONE. The figure ONE is what the quarantine system should be geared to.

I guess there is a chance that the carrier was/is a VIP so is considered to be outside the policing of the rules, because they are deemed to be responsible members of the community and will do the right thing without health officials intervention?? Yeah right, we have seen enough VIP’s reportedly ignoring the isolate/quarantine regulations to know that expectation is a joke.

Rant over??
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2346 on: August 04, 2021, 08:18:12 PM »
When you work out how much money these lockdowns have cost the country…it would have been far cheaper to pay each potential returned traveller a million bucks to stay the fu*k away !!
And to think 1/2 of them only wanted to come home because they lost their income in the country of their choice.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2347 on: August 04, 2021, 08:46:59 PM »
When you work out how much money these lockdowns have cost the country…it would have been far cheaper to pay each potential returned traveller a million bucks to stay the fu*k away !!
And to think 1/2 of them only wanted to come home because they lost their income in the country of their choice.

And the other half left the country before Covid was even a thing and then due to circumstances changing as a result of Covid, need to return to their HOME but unfortunately they still struggle to get on a plane to get HOME,with many having no income, no support or job keeper.
I am so grateful that my daughter was able to benefit from such a charitable position after serving others who have far greater needs O/S.
I still believe we are the lucky country but struggle with attitudes like the above.

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2348 on: August 04, 2021, 09:04:46 PM »
And the other half left the country before Covid was even a thing and then due to circumstances changing as a result of Covid, need to return to their HOME but unfortunately they still struggle to get on a plane to get HOME,with many having no income, no support or job keeper.
I am so grateful that my daughter was able to benefit from such a charitable position after serving others who have far greater needs O/S.
I still believe we are the lucky country but struggle with attitudes like the above.

I think you’ll find a lot declined to come home when covid became a “thing”. A lot of them had jobs and only when the situation became worse they then changed their minds.
My attitude is I would prefer not to get the virus and seeing as I can’t get vaccinated yet I’m not happy with people being allowed into the country while infected. That’s my attitude !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2349 on: August 04, 2021, 09:24:18 PM »
I think you’ll find a lot declined to come home when covid became a “thing”. A lot of them had jobs and only when the situation became worse they then changed their minds.
My attitude is I would prefer not to get the virus and seeing as I can’t get vaccinated yet I’m not happy with people being allowed into the country while infected. That’s my attitude !!

Your attitude is In no doubt a selfish one. Of course they changed their minds, if your child was in difficulty, you would want to bring them home to your residence where you could better support. As a nation that is what we are doing, bring our own child home.

Maybe you could focus you attention to the problem that it is, Hotels are for rest and recreation, quarantine centres are just that. Have a look at the breakouts of the virus from Darwin quarantine centre , compare it with the hotels and there is the answer.

And so what should happen, the governments should stop arguing amongst themselves and just build more appropriate centres as Covid will be here long after both you and I depart.

I’m sure when you are on your death bed and if a loved child was O/S you would hope they could come and give you one last hug. That would be the wish of most That can only happen through compassion of this country.
The following users thanked this post: db