Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 310499 times)

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #2300 on: July 26, 2021, 06:05:22 PM »
I think our bloke in SA has done a pretty good job, each time they have been quick to react with a hard lockdown and from memory in the past 16 months we’ve had two seven day and one five day lockdown. He has even had close contacts who showed no symptoms hotel quarantined for 14 days to help prevent community spread, some additional 400 people.We look like coming out of lockdown at midnight tomorrow night.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #2301 on: July 27, 2021, 07:25:34 AM »
Not looking forward to today’s meeting. May have to head back into regional nsw just after completing the mandatory 14 days isolation from coming back from there
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2302 on: July 27, 2021, 10:56:05 AM »
Big Dan is live now telling us what the plan is....

Drum roll........................
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #2303 on: July 27, 2021, 11:12:18 AM »
Big Dan is live now telling us what the plan is....

Thankfully schools and community sport back
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2304 on: July 27, 2021, 11:19:45 AM »
Looks like 3 NSW removalist that gave it ti Vic. get off, with no prosecution, maybe a small fine for 1.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #2305 on: July 27, 2021, 11:21:31 AM »
Opposite to my understanding.   As the Vaccine is giving you a dose of Coronavirus and your body is fighting the virus.   The larger the reaction you get the more Covid would have affected you if you got the full Coronavirus.
Back on this again....

My understanding is that if your immune system is dead / clapped out ...then  little reaction to the jab ...

Whereas - if your immune system is in good condition  ... immediately the juice goes in; your immune system recognises a "foreign toxic invasion" and gets stuck in....   making you feel unwelll++ for a day or 2....

That's why AZ jabbed into younger people may lead to bad /fatal results rarely....   because their younger immune systems are way more responsive....

Sometimes when they are on ventilators in hispital and then die ...  its because their immune system so aggressively attacked the actual Corona virus that it destroyed their own organs ...   Its called something that sounds like- (I can't remember) a cylonic response?? Not that - but similar name .....

With the under 60s - at least maybe the case if not lay about, macca obese alcoholic pot heads etc - or otherwise have underlying health issues.... 

My 2 cents worth ....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2306 on: July 27, 2021, 11:23:36 AM »
Quote from: corndog
Looks like 3 NSW removalist that gave it ti Vic. get off, with no prosecution, maybe a small fine for 1.
gee... what a shock ... as much shock as being struck by lightning...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2307 on: July 27, 2021, 11:52:39 AM »
Back on this again....

My understanding is that if your immune system is dead / clapped out ...then  little reaction to the jab ...

Whereas - if your immune system is in good condition  ... immediately the juice goes in; your immune system recognises a "foreign toxic invasion" and gets stuck in....   making you feel unwelll++ for a day or 2....

That's why AZ jabbed into younger people may lead to bad /fatal results rarely....   because their younger immune systems are way more responsive....

Sometimes when they are on ventilators in hispital and then die ...  its because their immune system so aggressively attacked the actual Corona virus that it destroyed their own organs ...   Its called something that sounds like- (I can't remember) a cylonic response?? Not that - but similar name .....

With the under 60s - at least maybe the case if not lay about, macca obese alcoholic pot heads etc - or otherwise have underlying health issues.... 

My 2 cents worth ....

My comments relates to our experiences and what our Doctors told us.   My bride has a compromised or poor immune system for various reasons.   As a result what ever flu or virus is going around she gets it and gets it bad.   She has always reacted badly to the flu shots in various ways.   As our Dr explained it to us, as with an Vaccine you are being injected with albeit a micro dose or whatever the vaccine is to help prevent.   If your immune system is compromised then what ever virus is fighting your body to infect you.   Hence as he explained to us with the COVID 19 Vaccine if you have a bad reaction to the Vaccine you may have a worse reaction to the actual Virus.  I have a good immune system and have never had a reaction to any vaccines or shots. 

My 2cents worth.   

Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2308 on: July 27, 2021, 12:33:11 PM »

A copy and paste from 3AW. Seems they broke no rules and regs in general.

The Sydney removalists who spread the Delta strain of COVID-19 at a Maribyrnong apartment complex, sparking an outbreak in Victoria, will not face charges.

A Department of Health investigation into whether there were any breaches of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act or the CHO directions wound up yesterday.

One of the removalists was fined for not wearing a face mask while indoors and not performing strenuous work.

The case was handed to Victoria Police to determine if there were any breaches under other legislation.

Police say they’ve found “no evidence of other offending” and the case is closed.

Neil Mitchell says comments made by several politicians falsely led to expectations the removalists would face charges.

“It has been alleged all along by the government, including the Premier, that they refused to cooperate fully,” the 3AW Mornings host said.

“It’s starting to look as if the Health Department has mucked this up … at the very least they’ve briefed the health officials wrong.

“I don’t blame the police. Certain expectations have been set up by the politicians.”

Neil Mitchell is calling for new laws to target people who evade questioning about their whereabouts during COVID-19 investigations.

“I don’t doubt Victoria Police on this one, they’ve been mucked around as much as anybody, so if there’s no case to answer we need new laws,” he said.

“If they did refuse to cooperate, if they tried to cover their tracks, to lie, to mislead while this virus was spreading, they hurt this state. They hurt the people of this state and that in itself means they should face some sort of law.”

3AW Mornings has asked the Health Department for a copy of its investigation into the removalists.

Offline 2Strokeit

• Tent User
« Reply #2309 on: July 27, 2021, 01:46:31 PM »

Back on this again....
 its because their immune system so aggressively attacked the actual Corona virus that it destroyed their own organs ...   Its called something that sounds like- (I can't remember) a cylonic response?? Not that - but similar name .....

Cytotoxic?

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2310 on: July 27, 2021, 02:09:11 PM »
I think our bloke in SA has done a pretty good job, each time they have been quick to react with a hard lockdown and from memory in the past 16 months we’ve had two seven day and one five day lockdown. He has even had close contacts who showed no symptoms hotel quarantined for 14 days to help prevent community spread, some additional 400 people.We look like coming out of lockdown at midnight tomorrow night.

Well, no new cases today, the last day of lockdown, so it looks like quick decisive action and some short term pain has worked again. There will still be restrictions in place bit a least businesses can re open and start engaging with the public. Family gatherings limited to ten, funerals and weddings to fifty, dining and drinking must be seated, one per four sq metres, gyms one per eight sq metres and masks to be worn in all healthcare, personal care, public transport situations.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2311 on: July 27, 2021, 03:48:39 PM »
I’ve been told by my doctor when your immune system is down, you can have the vaccine, but because your immune system can’t make enough antibodies, the success rate of the vaccine may be as low as 30% instead of 80 or 90%.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Brij

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2312 on: July 27, 2021, 08:10:00 PM »
Back on this again....

My 2 cents worth ....

I have no idea of the science, but my experience leads me to think the opposite, but I will admit....I have no idea.

My wife has been teacher aiding, teaching in primary schools for the last 20 years. Always crook from about April to October. Always gets flu injections, but still gets multiple chest infections, bronchitis, head colds, chest colds.......

Me? Never had a flu injection. Get a bit of a raspy throat at start of winter which goes away after having honey in my tea for a week. I had the flu once - Easter 2015. Put me in bed for the whole long weekend. But rarely get anything else. I assume I have a pretty good immune system.

Had my 2 doses of Pfizer and I had no side effects at all. Was waiting for side effects, but forgot about it. Wife asked me a few days after getting first jab when I was booked in. She had assumed I had missed the appointment because I hadn't mentioned anything about it.
NX Pajero
NJ Pajero (semi retired  to firewood harvesting duties)
Home made camper

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2313 on: July 27, 2021, 10:43:04 PM »
I have no idea of the science, but my experience leads me to think the opposite, but I will admit....I have no idea.

My wife has been teacher aiding, teaching in primary schools for the last 20 years. Always crook from about April to October. Always gets flu injections, but still gets multiple chest infections, bronchitis, head colds, chest colds.......

Me? Never had a flu injection. Get a bit of a raspy throat at start of winter which goes away after having honey in my tea for a week. I had the flu once - Easter 2015. Put me in bed for the whole long weekend. But rarely get anything else. I assume I have a pretty good immune system.

Had my 2 doses of Pfizer and I had no side effects at all. Was waiting for side effects, but forgot about it. Wife asked me a few days after getting first jab when I was booked in. She had assumed I had missed the appointment because I hadn't mentioned anything about it.

I used to be like you mate….until this year, never had a flu shot, one time having the flu 15yrs ago.
Good immune system…or just lucky to not get the flu ??
Or is a good immune system due to not having other little factors like asthma, hay fever,allergies, diabetes or any other “problems” ?
And how you handled the vaccine have any bearing on how you would have handled the virus ??
Who knows ?
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2314 on: July 27, 2021, 10:44:39 PM »
Let me guess Brij, your wife works in an air conditioned environment and you work outside.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #2315 on: July 28, 2021, 06:15:43 AM »
work outside.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
IMHO I think that’s one of the key factors
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
An NX Paj, a D-Max and an Ultimate X-trk

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz71vk1CWl6lp6Tv3dXhkQ/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
The following users thanked this post: alnjan

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2317 on: July 29, 2021, 11:58:18 AM »
Interesting question from nutha forum

So what exactly is stopping people from calling in sick Sunday night then getting a COVID test on Monday then waiting 3 days for the results and collecting $750?
You don't have to use annual or sick leave.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline DandyD

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2318 on: July 29, 2021, 06:50:09 PM »

The collective term for schoolchildren is “superspreaders”. The CV infection rates go up when children are back in school. At least they do here.

Offline MattNQ

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • The smartist formerly known as Skypig
    • My website
« Reply #2319 on: July 31, 2021, 10:21:40 AM »
I’ve been told by my doctor when your immune system is down, you can have the vaccine, but because your immune system can’t make enough antibodies, the success rate of the vaccine may be as low as 30% instead of 80 or 90%.
Wonder if that's why we keep seeing 'fully vaccinated' people still catching and spreading it everywhere. 

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2320 on: July 31, 2021, 10:38:28 AM »
The collective term for schoolchildren is “superspreaders”. The CV infection rates go up when children are back in school. At least they do here.
Looks like you’re spot on with this one.

Queenslanders are now in a very strict 3 day lockdown from 4pm today and 2 large high schools have been infected with the delta variant.

Students and teachers are infected and they’re sure to find heaps more in the next few days.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #2321 on: July 31, 2021, 11:28:23 AM »
Wonder if that's why we keep seeing 'fully vaccinated' people still catching and spreading it everywhere. 

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The vaccine doesn't stop you catching covid. But it does allow your body to fight the disease better, due to your immune system having had a pre-match bout with the virus signature. This means you will have a better surviveability rate, be a spreader for a lesser length of time.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2322 on: July 31, 2021, 11:40:50 AM »

I think Qld will be in for another lockdown soon too.... someone will sneak through and spread this new Delta strain everywhere.
Yeah, i know there was the guy who did and the airline chick, i'm talking in coming weeks.

I hope it all settles down, but i think we have a lot of pain to deal with long before any sort of "normal" happens.

Just my 2 cents worth....

Told ya we'd have another lockdown soon.
3 Days from 4pm today..... you heard here first with Uncle Jeepers
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2323 on: July 31, 2021, 11:45:29 AM »
Told ya we'd have another lockdown soon.
3 Days from 4pm today..... you heard here first with Uncle Jeepers

I'd almost lay money on it being longer than 3 days......
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2324 on: July 31, 2021, 11:57:03 AM »
Good chance of it.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.