Author Topic: Tucubia [ near Grafton ] camping  (Read 3498 times)

Offline craigtempo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • welcome to the party that never ends
Tucubia [ near Grafton ] camping
« on: November 25, 2010, 07:38:25 PM »
We have an engagement party to go at Tucubia in the new year .there dosnt seem like much around there .

does anyone know of any camping spots close to this place . its on a tributary off the clarence river  [ so the fishing on the yak should be good  ;D]

maybe i could just find a quiet spot along the river and camp ?????

any help would be greatly appreciated

craig

Offline bullfrog

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Tucubia [ near Grafton ] camping
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 07:53:33 PM »
Gday Craig,
Best you & me ava little chat son  ;D. Born & bred at TUCABIA (1 U, 2 A's). When are you heading to my home town?? Coldstream River is home to some great bass fishing ( seasonal), Candole SF is just out the back door for some 4wd fun. Tucabia is a great little village, nice & quiet  :cup:, 20mins to Grafton, 45 to any number of coastal spots. Keep in touch & your wishes will be answered.
PS.... Hope you like a drink, like you said, not much to do  >:D.....
GQ 4.2d;usual off road goodies;h/made fridge slide /roller draw system;cago barriersetc. Tows a '06 trackabout deluxe tourer with some safari options.

Offline morgue

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »
Gday Craig,
Best you & me ava little chat son  ;D. Born & bred at TUCABIA (1 U, 2 A's). When are you heading to my home town?? Coldstream River is home to some great bass fishing ( seasonal), Candole SF is just out the back door for some 4wd fun. Tucabia is a great little village, nice & quiet  :cup:, 20mins to Grafton, 45 to any number of coastal spots. Keep in touch & your wishes will be answered.
PS.... Hope you like a drink, like you said, not much to do  >:D.....

Agreed, whole heartly
There are heaps of places to see, and things to do.
If you like the coast, thrown on the boards, there's surfing at Minnie Waters, Wooli, fishing, heaps of canoeing places and more rivers you can poke a stick at. You want to go bush walking...there's heaps of places.
There is places for 4x driving, plus 2 national parks.
The best bit....between you and me....it has'nt been discovered by the mass of city folk yet, its quiet...very quiet, so kept it to yourself.

Mate, you will be camping in the middle of it...sit back, have a beer and enjoy the engagement party. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 07:52:52 PM by morgue »

Offline coffs camping

• Tent User
  • We are three - Mum, Ms.15 and Mr.9
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 08:40:09 PM »
Hey There.

Depends how close you want to be to the party really. Can you camp at their place and day trip (that way you can drink and not drive)?

Check out Brooms Head and surrounds to the north, Minnie and Wooli to the east and even as far west as Dalmorton or the Gorge. All reasonable day trips from Tucabia. Then you can come back and camp at them all in the future. Let us know and we'll see you there ...

J
Love weekend camping whenever we can in our 2002 Cub Spacematic (Transcontinental Pack) with the 80series LC. See you out there!! J