Author Topic: time for a move - kalgoorlie to geraldton here we go  (Read 1705 times)

Offline kranky al

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • theeee winaaaaaaar
time for a move - kalgoorlie to geraldton here we go
« on: March 19, 2011, 11:32:33 AM »
spent a bit of time in kal - sick of the place - neeeeeedddd beaaaaccchhh

kals been pretty good to us - got some experience in mining - but its time to move on - im heading up in the ct - as the advance party - to scout out and get some work - the mrs is staying in kal till i get work and get a house - 1 foot always on the ground (ex grunts will understand the old fire and move terminology)

anyone from round there got any tips - we would really like to get a place out of town - small 10 acre block for us and the dogs - rent to start off with but looking to buy in the first or second year

god i miss the beach - cant wait to take the dogs down the beach after work.

if nissan made a prop plane using the zd30 - would you fly in it?

if fishing were easy it would be called "your mum"

www.pixelpac.com.au

Offline Swogjb

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: time for a move - kalgoorlie to geraldton here we go
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »
I was looking forward to catching up for a beer in Kalgoorlie,
We will be heading up there early August to have  a crack at the mines.
All the best with the Geraldton job search.
Top choice!
Bloody nice part of oz.
 Cheers Glenn

Toyata Landcruiser TD 200 GXL
Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline kranky al

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • theeee winaaaaaaar
Re: time for a move - kalgoorlie to geraldton here we go
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:19:27 PM »
always have a soft spot for kal - we rocked up here at the end of our round oz adventure- bought some food for a week, paid a week at the caravan park and had $30 left over - a mortgage payment behind - had a job in 48 hours and went from there

9 months later we are 6 months ahead of our mortgage and in a great position to move. with $ in the bank

got us on our feet when we really needed it

but no beach - well, i grew up 50m from the beach and i either surf or fish on a daily basis rain hail or shine and its getting to me - im unfit and quite demotivated to get fit by running or going to a gym - rather spend an hour surfing - fun fitness - so time to move on

i would highly recommend kal as the place to go if you want to get your foot in the door in the mining game - the pay isnt crash hot - but they are prepared to train you up which everywhere else wants you trained up.

gonna be tough leaving the mrs and my menagerie of animals behind - but on the bright side the mrs wont be able to tell me that i cant go fishing hehehe

hi ho silver
if nissan made a prop plane using the zd30 - would you fly in it?

if fishing were easy it would be called "your mum"

www.pixelpac.com.au