Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2818 times)

Offline retroenduro

• Learning the Ropes
Hello
« on: September 21, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »
Hi all, been a member a while but now im doing up the El Cheapo MDC CT i thought i would start posting.

Have had a MDC off road extreme for a couple of years now and given it a fair amount of abuse...fraser, flinders, high country (many many times), outback SA etc etc. Mechanically its fine but beginning to look pretty scruffy around the edges so im going all out on it and modding it into something pretty cool. Its been off the road a while as we had a little baby girl last Jan but now she is about 8 months old so dead set keen to get back out there camping again :D.

Am pretty handy with the tools so will be doing the vast majority of stuff myself. I started out this weekend by installing an external tap so we don't need to open the thing up if we want to wash our hands etc. I also installed a load of terry clips under the tent to store all the spreader poles...looks very neat! Ill get some photos up at some point.

Anyway looking forward to getting some great ideas and inspiration off some of the topics on this forum.

Cheers

Nick

KingBilly

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 05:05:38 PM »
G'day.  Look forward to reading of your rennos

KB

Offline grc

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 05:40:12 PM »
Welcome To my swag Nick we like our camper builds
And rebuilds here all the best

CHEERS GRC  :cheers:

Offline pdbandit

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 07:17:32 PM »
Hi

Great to see an MDC giving some real value for money. They are my price range if I ever get to upgrade from my box trailer. Good luck with the work.

Offline b1

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 02:01:33 AM »
Congrats on the new addition Nick, she'll keep u busy ;D ;D ;D Many happy memories to be made, and love to see what you do the the CT.

Our daughters first camping trip was 8 months old too.  Teething, nappy rash, the works  >:D Figured we started her a bit late, so our son was 6 months old on his first trip  ;D Until recently, camping was all they knew for holidays. Now they drive their own cars and bring their friends.  :cup:
The first 50 years of my childhood have been the hardest

Offline Trailer Bloke

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • You never know what's around the corner
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 07:33:08 AM »
G'day Nick it's a great forum sure you will get lots of ideas welcome and enjoy.
Cheers Jon
Toyota Kluger towing a Ezytrail Tarwin http://gallery.myswag.org/gallery/v/Trailer+Bloke/