Author Topic: Warm/waterproof jacket.  (Read 9781 times)

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Warm/waterproof jacket.
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 10:31:54 AM »

Whats wrong with the other half? Must teach him to hug you more. :cheers: ;D ;D ;D

I cannot complain about him he lets me put cold feet on him in bed and always makes sure I have firewood for the home fire and the ozpig.  Up at the hut trying to organise lunch just needed to be bit warmer and needed a hood on my jacket.  The drizabone was good cause I had layer's underneath but I still needed hood and something that can be done up a bit warmer.

Looked at some of the Columbia gear at Rays yesterday, around $280....

Sounding like Aldi will be the go unless Columbia have a good clearance outlet somewhere.

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 09:58:25 AM »
So I went to Aldi yesterday afternoon I got a snowboard jacket and had it on last night around a fire with only a thermal singlet and one other layer and a scarfe.  It wasn't terribly cold last night but the jacket did the job and if it was colder could fit more layers, beanie gloves etc.  Does pay to try on as I had to get a bigger size and I think this was the same when I got my motorbike jacket there.  I also got a pair of their thinsulate gloves these would only be good if you are not trying to do stuff just sitting around but they were very warm and only $4.  There were probably other things there that would of been good also but I didn't have time to keep looking and a lot of it was all messed up by then.  I got a merino thermal singlet and a skivvy at target during the week.  Thanks for all the tips.  :cheers:

Offline Carlisle Rogers

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • www.4wdtouring.com.au
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 09:59:12 AM »
Mountain Hardwear. Expensive but awesome.
Living the Dream

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 10:22:22 AM »
So I went to Aldi yesterday afternoon I got a snowboard jacket and had it on last night around a fire with only a thermal singlet and one other layer and a scarfe.  It wasn't terribly cold last night but the jacket did the job and if it was colder could fit more layers, beanie gloves etc.  Does pay to try on as I had to get a bigger size and I think this was the same when I got my motorbike jacket there.  I also got a pair of their thinsulate gloves these would only be good if you are not trying to do stuff just sitting around but they were very warm and only $4.  There were probably other things there that would of been good also but I didn't have time to keep looking and a lot of it was all messed up by then.  I got a merino thermal singlet and a skivvy at target during the week.  Thanks for all the tips.  :cheers:

Bought Hannah a snowboard jacket and some thinsulate gloves and beanies. Pretty happy with purchase.
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 09:55:40 PM »
Was in Aldi at Lilydale East of Melbourne this arvo.
Lots of Clothing in the bargain boxes at back half of store.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline Patr80l

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2014, 12:25:43 PM »
40, 80, GU, Touareg, GU, Touareg, 200

Offline Dingo0163

• The original Aussie mongrel
  • Tent User
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2014, 01:00:55 PM »
my last 2 drizabones were flogged out of the GQ... Havent had one in about 10 yrs.

... for the huskier gentleman who likes layers...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261153374402/

How husky are you? They have them at Rays from match stick size to 6xl. At their end of winter sale they had the small , 5xl and 6xl for $35. It was classed as old stock and they were the sizes they had trouble selling. I'm no fitness freak at 6'3" and 100 kg. when I tried on the 6xl I could have smuggled out two midgets and their pony.   ( Short people if saying "midgets " upsets anyone ).   :angel:

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »

This sounds warm....

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2344

I have a mate who reps for these guys and I think it would be great to have a heated jacket I don't know that I would want to carry the battery around all the time though??

I'm no fitness freak at 6'3" and 100 kg. when I tried on the 6xl I could have smuggled out two midgets and their pony.   ( Short people if saying "midgets " upsets anyone ).   :angel:

What if you upset the pony? No worries I am quite vertically challenged and I was not upset  ;D

Offline Patr80l

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »
I have a mate who reps for these guys and I think it would be great to have a heated jacket I don't know that I would want to carry the battery around all the time though??
When I first saw one I had one of those jaw dropping "what will they think of next?" moments.   I've never worn one but the tradies in the video reckon it frees them up from wearing lots of layers of clothing.
My problem with cordless power tools is that I don't use them often enough so the NiCad batteries very quickly develop a memory and poor charging cycles.
40, 80, GU, Touareg, GU, Touareg, 200

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2014, 01:21:34 PM »
When I first saw one I had one of those jaw dropping "what will they think of next?" moments.   I've never worn one but the tradies in the video reckon it frees them up from wearing lots of layers of clothing.
My problem with cordless power tools is that I don't use them often enough so the NiCad batteries very quickly develop a memory and poor charging cycles.

We have a fair bit of the Ryobi one plus stuff so maybe when they bring out a heated jacket that will be an option for me since we already have their batteries.  I can see the benefit of less layers and more movement for working conditions.  Hopefully my new aldi ski jacket will do the job for awhile.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2014, 01:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Dingo0163
How husky are you? They have them at Rays from match stick size to 6xl.
Rays' sizes are weird on some of their stuff.. my son is built like a match stick, and while getting him a flanno for this weekend, he had to try on a 4xl! Hes 14, and you can see his ribs when hes standing up..  ??? ??? ???
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home